- Having 5+ years of working as an Administrator/DevOps on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Sun Solaris, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux.
- Proficiency in using cloud computing tools like AWS, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Perforce, GIT and Rational Clear Case on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as a part of DevOps role for on - premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef and AWS/Docker.
- Experience working with various AWS services like EC2, ECS, S3, Cloud formation, IAM etc.
- Experience in the areas of DevOps CI/CD pipeline, Build and release management, AWS and Linux Administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1 and SRM 4.5
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals and network security. Installation, Configuration and managing Firewalls like Fortinet, ZyWall, SonicWall, ISA with content filtering, Anti-Spam, Web filtering, NAT, Application Publishing to public IP, Port Forwarding, log analyzing with Syslog Server.
- Experience in using a tools like Nmap, hping, Nessus for penetration testing.
- Experience in implementation Intrusion Detection System: Tripwire, Snort, and Lids.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, design and ongoing maintenance of Cisco router and switches.
- Experience with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, IBM & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Experience in Server monitoring, capacity planning, application monitoring with the help of Tivoli, HP insight, Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix
- Worked with Puppet Enterprise and Chef by creating custom manifests and recipes for automation.
- Handling day-to-day User Administration tasks like adding, deleting and modifying user data and documenting all user data in a centralized location.
- Performance tuning of Linux machines in the environment by kernel parameter tuning, identifying process that hog the system resources and containing them.
- Responsible for OS maintenance activities like upgrading the OS, updating the services and third party software’s.
- Worked in maintaining integrity of Linux, Solaris servers by performing patching operations on a regular and planned way.
- Installation and configuration of Web Application servers like Apache, Tomcat and Weblogic.
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred.
- Worked with a bug/problem tracking system in responding to DNS requests, updates and tasks.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Open Office, Visio, Outlook, Printing, Windows networking, Security patching
Languages: C, C++, HTML, Java Script, SQL, Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell Scripting
Cloud: AWS(EC2, ECS, S3, Cloud Formation, IAM etc), OpenStack
Testing Tools: Nmap, Nessus, Saint, Nexpose, hping
Monitoring Tools: Tivoli, Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix, Splunk, Netcool, Keynotes, and Solarwinds
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Virtualization: VMware and VSphere 4.0/5.0/5.1, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, LAN, WAN, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, NAS
Filesystems: LVM, VxVM, SVM
Applications Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web logic
Database Servers: Oracle 8.x, 9.x, MS-SQL
Services: NFS, SSH, SFTP, FTP, rlogin, RPM, YUM, Samba, Auto FS, Telnet
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5, 6/7, Centos 4/5, Fedora 11/12, Solaris 8/9/10, Windows Server, VMWARE ESX
Other tools: LDAP, Puppet, Chef, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, HPSA, Pac2000, IFL web, BladeLogic
Confidential, Troy, MI
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Managed branches and branching strategies in subversion.
- Managed Dependencies using maven.
- Developed Playbooks using Ansible. Automated agent's installation of Nagios on Windows servers and Linux servers.
- Documented the whole Build Process going and made them available for all the other team members by uploading them onto the Intranet.
- Used Jenkins for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end to end builds and deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Different types of Jobs created for Multiple Projects worked using Build Pipelines and Deploy into various environments using the Maven and other Tools.
- Worked extensively on Ansible Playbooks and Scripting.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments. Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Run deck.
- Created a fully automated build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and Sub Version.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Worked with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
Environment: AWS, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, TC Server, Tomcat, WSO2 (DSS, ESB and API Manager), Shell Scripts, XML, Data Center, Service Now, Nexus Repository, Gerrit, Oracle, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Setting up and building AWS infrastructure resources such as VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, ElasticSearch, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Lambda and RDS in Cloud Formation and involved in deploying the content to Cloud platform on AWS using EC2, S3, EBS.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS Ec2 instances.
- Used Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift to manage micro services for development of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Support an Agile CI/CD Environment as a DevOps Engineer where we make the Atlassian tools (Jira and Bitbucket) and also provide layer 3 supports on these tools if there are any issues.
- Implemented a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s.
- Our Continuous Integration stack consists of GIT, Jenkins, CI/CD, the Docker Trusted Registry and OpenShift Enterprise.
- Lead the cloud infrastructure maintenance effort using a combination of Jenkins, Chef and Terraform for automating CICD pipeline in AWS.
- Used OpenShift to improve application security by putting admin consoles on different Docker containers accessible only from unusual port numbers.
- Created automated deployment job for Tomcat with Jenkins and managed deployment automation using Puppet, Custom Puppet Modules and Ruby.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow and to optimize and smooth running of build jobs.
- Responsible for a boarding application teams to build and deploy their code using GitHub, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures into version control and Used Ansible to document application dependencies into version control.
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies and performed all necessary day to day GIT support for different projects.
- Created new jobs in Jenkins and built pipeline for Continuous Integration and migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool to automate repetitive task.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as a wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Take ownership for all the SXP tickets and provide status on calls and co-ordinate end-to-end ensure all systems are in sync on some tickets which have dependencies.
- On-call support bi-weekly for troubleshooting production issues and for any updates/patches.
Environment: TFS, SVN, Chef, Puppet ANT, Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Azure, IIS, Shell scripts, Teamcity, PostgreSQL, Service Desk, Splunk, Nagios, Linux, Windows.
- Installation/configuration of Red Hat using Kickstart Server and Solaris using Jumpstart.
- Provisioning of OS using Blade Logic Provisioning Portal.
- Managed various servers using VMware vSphere ESXi.
- Performing Post Build activities like Setting up Backup interface/ NIC bonding/ Loading additional Packages/ Joining the server to Active Directory, etc.
- Work as a Build Engineer for a team that involves five different environments and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Administered the subversion, Nexus, Jenkins. In-house deployment tool and managed the access for users of the subversion repositories
- Extensively worked in agile technology throughout the project.
- Administered the JIRA and managed the access for users, filters and dashboard
- Experience with BladeLogic add-on SaaS services to enable vulnerability management and remediation.
- Responsible for implementing and managing client/server business applications being BladeLogic Server Automation user.
- Integrated Subversion with Jira and created pre-commit to implement the gated check-in process and post-commit hooks to implement Jira commit plugin.
- Installed and administer Atlassian tool set including JIRA, SCM tool and GIT
- Created Jenkins jobs and configured it for the deployment.
- Created Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar, Nexus.
- Integrated the existing Ant scripts to automate the code quality report generation process for the existing legacy based applications
- Deployed the static code in to front end apache webserver.
- Experience with working on Solaris Zones/Containers.
- Performed hardware, operating system, security and application updates/patches on these systems as well as operating system hardening based in industry standards.
- Experienced working with sudo, Vintella Authentication and Powerbroker.
- Experienced working on Datacenter Migration Projects.
- Mirrored existing logical volumes & created volume groups, disk groups & set up the RAID (0, 1, and 5) using VERITAS volume manager.
- Migrated the existing UFS data to VxFS for best possible IO performance.
- Installed/Configured the WebSphere server, JBoss application server, WebLogic server; Managed tuning and performance of high profile applications running on them.
- Worked with Enterprise Security Manager to get Security certification for servers before moving them in to production.
- Responsible for Failover/Pre-Failback/Failback and verification of the same in case of outage in the high environment using VCS (Veritas Cluster Server).
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts (Perl, ksh) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, Server reboots etc.
- Worked on Datacenter Moves where servers were moved from one datacenter to another.
- Monitoring the system performance and doing the kernel tuning to enhance the system performance.
- Working knowledge on ITSM remedy and Maximo ticketing systems.
- Troubleshooting Production Server Problems related to web applications, Sendmail, disk space, file system, DNS and network connectivity.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, Veritas Storage Foundation, Oracle, Veritas Cluster Server, Zones, RAC, DMZ, Send mail, SAN, NAS, Active Directory, NIS, ITM, Bladelogic, Remedy, VMware, Netbackup, GIT, Puppet, LVM, VAS, WebSphere.