- 14 years experience in a variety of technical and project development tasks relating to system level communications.
- Thorough knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, IPV6, Multicast, TCP/IP, VLAN, STP, HSRP, T3 and T1.
- Very good understanding of OSI Layer 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10Gig Networks.
- Ability to comprehend and learn the network topology by studying current network configuration.
- Experience working under aggressive timeline.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Recognized the ability to work well with clients in difficult situations.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Senior Network Engineer
- Design and implement Multicast for in - house marketdata feed with source in NY and receivers in UK and HK.
- Design, implement and deploy Nexus 7010 and 5548 for new data center.
- Redesign layer 2/3 infrastructure to support growth, network stability and security.
- Design a backup connection using EIGRP for NY to UK and HK through the MPLS and private circuits.
- Redesign network to allow redundancy and load balance to the internet.
- Develop new standards for configuring Routers, Switches, ASA, VPN, and Wireless.
- Implement new TACACS standard on all the Routers, Switches and firewalls.
- Work with marketdata design team such as (Bloomberg, Reuters, Radianz, ARCA, BIDS, CBOT and others) to allow their infrastructure to communicate with our network using EIGRP and RIP.
- Implement ACS for TACACS, RADIUDS and VPN users’ authentication.
- Order Solarwinds and configure the system from ground up. Manage the system and maintain its operation.
- Move all VPN users’ from the concentrators to the ACS to allow for more scalability and security.
- Migrate most of the users from 3005 VPN concentrators to ASA5500 to accommodate network growth.
- Implement Websense filters to allow and block users internet access.
- Deploy Cisco Phones and apply the standard configuration to the Call Manager and the switches.
- Use sniffer to troubleshoot issues in the network and to track traffic patterns.
- Configure, install and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus (7010, 5548), Switches (6509,4510, 4507,3750, 3560) Routers (7204VXR, 2600's), 3005 VPN concentrators, ASA5510's(with IPS), ASA5540's, ACS 1121.
- Create network diagrams and keep-up-to-date.
- Developed, designed and implemented new clients’ network using BGP and EIGRP.
- Used BGP and EIGRP to add new marketdata in the network such as (Bloomberg, Radianz and Knight).
- Deployed Cisco wireless access points in all Prime Brokerage locations.
- Configured and troubleshot BGP, EIGRP, RIP, QOS, STP, VLAN, T3, T1 and Metro Ethernet issues.
- Designed and developed strategies to upgrade existing clients network with minimal impact on uptime.
- Created VPN access for new clients and their support team.
- Configured, installed and troubleshot Cisco Routers 7206VXR,3845,3745,3660,3640,2811,2600's, Switches 6509, 4506, 4232, 4232, 4003, 3750, 3550, and Wireless AP 1242, 1232, 1131 .
- Led a team of 5 junior engineers and trained them on new client design and products.
- Took on manager role and escalation when managers were not available.
- Worked with Core design team to resolved severity one clients design issues.
- Configured and troubleshot Cisco 12410,12404,7400, 7300, 7200, 2600 Routers and 6513, 6509 Switches
- Implemented and troubleshot BGP, OSPF, QOS, RIP, VLAN, HSRP, Multicast, NAT, T3 and T1.
- Used InfoVista to monitor core network and our clients such as NASDAQ, AMEX, ARCA, CBOT, Reuters..
- Assisted and trained all new engineers in daily network troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Implemented and troubleshot OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, NAT, VLAN, STP, QOS, T3 and T1.
- Implemented and troubleshot Juniper, RiverStone routers, Extreme Switches and NetScreen.
- Used MRTG and Concord Network health to monitor Core network performance.
- Provided input towards the development and implementation of network infrastructure.
- Monitored, isolated and troubleshot WAN problems using state-of-the-art network management tools.
- Updated existing procedures and wrote new procedures relative to essential duties and responsibilities.
- Supported operation and maintenance of a large nationwide WAN and internal LAN infrastructure.
- Trained and supervised junior engineers on new products and processing.
- Configured and troubleshot BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, T3, and T1.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and configuring DOCSIS, UBR7246, AS5300s, CAT5500s, and 3640s.
- Developed training on new products to clients, junior engineers and field operations.
- Developed standards for configuring new clients and testing procedure.
- Performed network surveillance using HP OpenView and Spectrum.
- Used Remedy to open, close and manage trouble tickets efficiently and effectively.
- Proactively notified customer of network failure, which affected them.
- Configured and troubleshot DSL equipments including Paradyne, Copper Mountain and Cisco 7513, 6400.