- Over 7+ years of professional experience in IT industry, with over 5 years of experience in DevOps and AWS and 2 years as a Linux System Administrator.
- Experience with Subversion control, Build, Configuration Management tools like GIT, ANT, MAVEN, CHEF, PUPPET, DOCKER, ANSIBLE and Integration & Monitoring tools like JENKINS, UNIX and LINUX environment.
- Experience with an in - depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies including Virtual Private Cloud, EC2, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Lambda.
- Experience in installation, configuration, backup, recovery, maintenance, support of Linux and Solaris, Administration of Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments.
- Install and manage Middleware tools through Chef such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x
- Deploy Puppet, Puppet Dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Create Ansible roles and playbooks and Puppet Modules to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing/new infrastructure.
- Configure Jenkins to build CI/CD pipeline which includes to trigger auto builds, auto promote builds from one environment to another, code analysis, auto version etc. for various projects.
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Shell, Power Shell, Bash to support infrastructure as code and continuous deployment.
- Extensively used Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the build/Release Engineering.
- Extensive experience in using version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT and build management tools Ant and Maven.
- Responsible for ensuring Systems and Network Security, maintaining performance and setting up monitoring using Cloud Watch and Nagios.
- Manage Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups for EC2 servers.
- Expertise to automate the code Integration and deployment also use Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation.
- Expertise in architecting and deploying of fault tolerant, cost effective, highly available and secure servers in AWS.
- Use EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Use Simple storage services (S3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP and HTTPS
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experience in Agile/Scrum Development.
- Use VMware VSphere, VCenter to create VMs managed these VMs on various ESX hosts.
- Coordinate different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects.
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Version control tools: GIT, SVN
Networking Tools: DNS, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, TCP
Web Server: Apache Tomcat
Operating System: Linux, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris 8/9/10/11, Windows Server 2000, 2003,2008 and 2012, Ubuntu, Centos
Scripting Language: Bash, Python, Ruby, ShellMonitoring CloudWatch, Nagios
Virtualization: VMware, Docker
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, JIRA
Platforms: Ubuntu, Red Hat LINUX, Windows XP/ 7/ 8/10, RHEL, CENT OS
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
Sr DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Implemented Large Scale Cloud Infrastructure using AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, VPC etc.) and deployment services (Cloud Formation) and security practices (IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail) and services Lambda, EMR, RedShift, ECS, Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, and Glacier for our Dev and Test environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF.
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS/CentOS/RHEL by creating and executing a migration plan per scheduled timeline to complete the migration.
- Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts for creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Hands on Experience in using Network Load Balancer, Security groups, Firewalls and Route53.
- Deployed JSON template to create a stack in Cloud Formation which include services like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon VPC, SQS and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Created functions and assigned roles in AWS Lambda to run python scripts, Used AWS Lambda with java to perform event driven processing. Created Lambda jobs and configured Roles using AWS CLI.
- Used Lambda Functions Along with API gateway and DYNAMODB to effectively maintain server less Architecture. Used Lambda to trigger API CALLS for request processing.
- Used Identify and Access Management (IAM) to assign roles and to create and manage AWS users and groups, and user permissions to AWS resources.
- Working with best DevOps practices using AWS, Elastic Bean stalk and Docker with Kubernetes. And Changed AWS infrastructure from Elastic Beanstalk to Docker and used Kubernetes for Orchestration.
- Deployed and maintained production environment using AWS EC2 instances and Elastic Container Services.
- Expertise in setting up Docker and using Docker toolbox. And creating Docker files for automation.
- Hands on experience in creating Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience in setting up the automated build on Docker HUB, and managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm. Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Wrote Chef Recipes for various applications and deployed them in AWS using Terraform.
- Worked with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes. Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Written CHEF Recipes for deployment on internal Data Centre Servers further modified the recipes to create Deployment directly to AWS EC2 instances.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in RUBY to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, Web Logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Written Terraform templates, Chef Cookbooks, recipes and pushed them onto Chef Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Deployed applications using Jenkins server and Troubleshooted build and release job failures.
- Implemented continuous deployment using Jenkins in Linux environment. Wrote Jenkins pipeline code for automation. And maintained build jobs effectively, Installed different marketplace plug-ins for automation.
- Used Sonar Cube Code Analyzer as a Plug-in along with Jenkins to Analyze code quality and generated reports and configured alerts to the stakeholders in the form of Emails.
- Defined dependencies and plug-ins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Created custom Cloud Watch metrics to monitor different parameters of the servers and DB’s.
- Monitored Applications and Servers through Nagios, Web Servers Administration on Apache and Nginx
- Dealt with High level troubleshooting to fix hardware and Software issues on UNIX/VMware platforms.
- Heavily utilized the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) to meet customer needs
- Worked closely with different projects for build and release SCM effort like Branching, Tagging, Merge, etc.
- Highly Expertise in Ticketing tool JIRA, Service Now to track defects and changes for change management.
- Ensure deployments happen in blue/green concept and ensure that there is business continuity, site reliability and manage applications by providing necessary monitoring 24x7
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively, and efficiently where customer service and technical skills are demanded.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, AMI, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CLI, CDN), Docker, Chef, Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Git, SVN, Cron, Jira, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tomcat, WebLogic, Autoscaling, WebSphere, Route53, DNS, Bamboo Nagios, RHEL 5.11/6.x.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Created and Configured RedHat, Solaris, CentOS, Ubuntu and Fedora Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, Elastic, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, NAT Gateway
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle
- Created and maintained Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Deployed Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe & modules for configuration management.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations.
- Manage playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline in project with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Build automation using ANT/ Maven and implementation of Continuous Integration through Jenkins.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo and Jira.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Environment: AWS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Data Bag, Cloud Watch, Docker, Ansible, Red hat Linux, UNIX, Windows servers, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Formation, Puppet, Artifactory, ELK, Maven, Gradle.
Linux Administrator/Support Engineer
- Worked as a Systems Administrator on Red Hat3/4, CentOS 3/4 and Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04) servers.
- Worked on Applying patches, installed monitoring tools, and upgraded BIOS on HPC Clusters.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User and File system quota on Linux servers.
- Identified and solved any issue or errors.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Applied patches and supported Linux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to Backup Admins/DBAs to perform root related activities.
- Modifying and Writing scripts in Bash shell for optimizing day to day administration.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Wrote shell scripts for automating builds and deployment process.
- Monitored System Performance, Tuned and optimized systems for better performance.
- Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Provided 24/7-support coverage, pager support and weekend support.
Environment: RHEL (3.x & 4.x), Centos (3.x, 4.x), Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04), Netapp, NTP, Nagios, MySQL, SQL, HPC
Linux Systems Administrator
- To manage the day - to-day tasks, operation and problem-solving of a team to meet with the required service level Agreements and standard.
- Installation of VMware ESX 3.5 and administration of VMs.
- Patches and Package administration for installation of patches following company policy.
- Take care of 1500+ Linux Servers in critical production environment with 24/7 support running in-house applications, web services and databases.
- Coordination with datacenter support teams to perform hardware upgrades (Addition of CPU, Memory and PCI cards).
- Regular performance tuning after installing/ upgrading / deployment of patches and proactive monitoring to maintain a good database server.
- Work on the configuration of server using monitoring tool like Nagios.
- Installation and management on Linux servers for applications like Apache and Tomcat.
Environment: Windows 2007, 2008, Linux Red Hat4.0/5.0, HTTP, Apache, Tomcat.