- 6 years of experience in IT industry implementing DevOps practices like Build Automation, Continuous Integration(CI), Continuous Deployment(CD), Infrastructure as code, Cloud computing, Release Management and Development for several market driven international organizations.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life - cycle (SDLC) and have an in-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Windows, Linux (CENTOS and Red Hat) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Worked on automation, setup & administration of build & deploy CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Apache ANT, Apache Maven to write Pom.xml and Build.xml and Integrated with version control tools like SVN and GitHub.
- Instrumental in setting up continuous deployment pipeline using Python/shell scripts in Jenkins.
- Expertise in writing Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching, and software deployment.
- Created and managed roles using Ansible for efficient management of configurations across multiple host groups and individual hosts.
- Hands on experience in setting up CI-CD Pipeline using Jenkins and using plugins to connect with remote repositories and save the images in Docker containers in cloud repositories.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services cloud platform and its services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, Dynamo DB, EBS, ELB, Glacier, Auto-Scaling, IAM, Route53, AMI, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, and Cloud Formation through AWS management console and AWS Command Line Interface.
- Experience in Designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift and Scaling Amazon RDS, Dynamo DB instances Vertically and Horizontally for High Availability.
- Implemented AWS Lambda to deliver cloud enabled JAVA application-based functionality and retired the current on-premise features into a more concise set of AWS features/services.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Good experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk and AWS Cloud Watch to monitor server services like logs, CPU, RAM and disk storage.
- Experience in writing chef recipes, adding them to Chef Cookbooks and templates, and creating the run-list to automate the configuration management with the Knife tool.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Expert in supporting the implementation/improvement of software development practices, release management methodologies and software deployment strategies
Version Control Tool: GIT/GitHub, Subversion.
Build Tools: Apache Maven, Apache Ant.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson.
Cloud Environments: AWS (EC2, S3, Glacier, Lambda, ELB, Dynamo DB, CFT, RDS, IAM)
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef
Container tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, AWS Cloud Watch
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting, bash scripting, Groovy
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere.
Databases: RDS, Dynamo DB, Neptune, ElastiCache.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, MacOS
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Worked on Software Integration, Configuration, building, automating, managing and releasing code from one environment to another environment and deploying to servers
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies
- Extensive experience on configuring Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private
- Subnets in VPC and other services in the AWS.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto-scaling, Security groups and NACL.
- Experience in migrating build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Apache MAVEN
- Extensively worked on Jenkins CI/CD pipeline jobs for end-to-end automation to build, test and deliver artifacts and troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Created Route tables to route the traffic to find whether it is public or private network.
- Utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS, Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front- end servers.
- Responsible for build and deployment automation using AWS, Docker and Chef
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Experienced in using Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Developed container support for cloud environments using Docker. Deployed the applications in Docker containers and managed the containers in enterprise level.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and Implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model
- Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to manage system configuration and for Tomcat, MySQL, Windows applications and versioned them on GIT repositories and Chef Server
- Installed Red Hat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on company's policies.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell, Shell and Ruby. Built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tool GIT (GitHub).
Environment: AWS Cloud, EC2, S3, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x, Windows 2008/2012, MS Build, Maven, Java, XML, Shell scripts, Ant, Git, Sonar, Agile, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, PowerShell, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Confidential, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Installed and administered GIT and ensured reliability of application besides working on Branching strategies for GIT.
- Configured and deployed GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented a master and slave configuration to run multiple build operations in parallel.
- Hands-on experience configuring workflows, writing jobs in Jenkins for performing automated builds and deployments.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, and feature addition builds using Jenkins.
- Integrated Eclipse IDE with different versioning tools like SVN and GIT.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Worked on various POCs to demonstrate the feasibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR, WAR and EAR artifact.
- Created parent-child relationships between projects to manage Maven project dependencies.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across project.
- Integrated JIRA with GIT to help the change management process run smoothly.
- Written shell scripts to deploy the Java applications into JBoss application servers.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Written Ansible Playbooks to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations
- Worked with developers for resolving runtime failures, troubleshoot Build and Deployment Issues, with minimal downtime.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with QA and engineering teams.
- Experienced in setting up DevOps practices using tools like TFS, Git, SVN and release manager.
- Responsible for all CI-DD process, creating build definitions, branching and merging strategy.
- Migrating code repository form TFS to Git repository
- Migrating code repository from SVN to Git repository
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Shell Script, Maven, JIRA, Jboss, WebSphere, Nexus.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and agility.
- Planning and setting up of Continuous Integration for various properties on Jenkins with Commit, Component, assembly, deploy and Smoke jobs.
- Setting up commit builds to check for compilation failures of checked-in source code by the developers to accelerate CI.
- Assemble and deploy jobs to list the exact configuration of packages with all their dependencies, settings and deploying them to various environments for running tests.
- Working with the development team to increase the unit test code coverage.
- Establish CI/CD for trunk and branches to support parallel development.
- Developed Python and shell scripts for automation of build and release process.
- Building pom.xml file using MAVEN as build tool, collineating Jenkins with Maven.
- Creating Parent POM from the child POM’s using inheritance and aggregation concept.
- Creating SMTP severs for the email notifications of the build status to the concerned recipients.
- Planning the releasing activities and delivering them on schedule.
- Managing nightly builds, weekly builds, feature addition builds, Integrating the latest available changes / components to the product software
- Baselining the software contents, Creating software packages and automation of day-to- day, repetitive tasks.
Environment: Java, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, Application Server.
- Administration, package installation, configuration of Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.x.
- Administration of RHEL, which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Creating /cloning Linux Virtual Machines.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kick start and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and server management.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Tech and non-tech refresh of Linux servers, which includes new hardware, OS, upgrade, application installation and testing.
- Set up user and group login IDs, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, and user and group quota.
- Creating physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes.
- Gathering requirements from customers and business partners and design, implement and provide solutions in building the environment.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
Environment: Linux RHEL 5.2/ 5.3/ 5.5/ 5.7/ 5.8.