An IT professional with over 20 years of professional and technical experience, currently seeking a Cyber Security related position that will utilize my experience in analysis, design, management, installation, configuration, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting of technologies for medium to enterprise corporations. Technologies used include routers, switches, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, Cisco Security and Wireless devices, Cisco VoIP products, network monitoring, and troubleshooting tools.
- CompTIA Security+ Security+
- Network Professional - Security CCNP - Security
- Design Associate CCDA
- WAN Engineer CWE
- WAN Professional CWP
- WAN Enterprise Administrator CWEA
- Network Associate - Voice CCNA - Voice
- Network Associate - Wireless CCNA - Wireless
- Network Associate - Security CCNA - Security
- Network Associate CCNA
- Escalation Support Expert ESE
Mid-Level Network Engineer
- Verified availability and performed troubleshooting of VPN, Active Directory Federation Services, HP Service Manager, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Performed system availability management, utilizing Business System Management SiteScope, to enable/disable monitoring for network maintenance and patching.
- Performed as confidential Mail Administrator in the quarantine and release of corporate messages.
- Performed as Site Support technician in the configuration and imaging of client laptops and workstations.
- Performed daily floor checks of Data Center and LAN closets to detect, report, and resolve abnormalities.
- Provided support to Network Engineering, Windows, and PBX teams in network planning, engineering and architecture development.
- Interacted with internal/external customers and vendors to determine system needs and resolve network issues, including such issues as upgrades, maintenance, and outages.
- Technical activities included configuring and administrating various Cisco routers and switches including Cisco 2500, 3600, and 2800 series routers and 6500 and 3500 series switches.
- Performed troubleshooting, including complete device erase and configuration using IPv6 with RIPng, EIGRPv6 and OSPFv3 routing protocols in complex network environments with summarized networks, passive interfaces, load balancing / load sharing, authentication.
- Configured Frame-relay and PPP encapsulation in various configurations and authentications as well as implementing Network Address Translation using Static NAT, and Dynamic NAT.
- Configured and administrated complex networks using BGP, MPLS (with LDP) protocols, and implementing QoS mechanisms.
- Setup, configuration, and administration of Cisco Security and Wireless devices, Cisco VoIP products and troubleshooting/network monitoring tools including Wireshark, Solarwinds, Cacti, CCP and Nagios. In addition setup site-to-site VPN’s and Zone based Firewalls using technologies including Cisco PIX and Cisco ASA.
- VOIP activities include comprehensive configuration and administration of Cisco Unity Configuration Manager Express to set up and manage VOIP installations with basic phone and Voice Mail services.
- Technical activities and responsibilities include total network integration, maintenance, and administration for various network and network-related technologies and devices according to the clienteles’ needs specifications.
- Professional activities and responsibilities included, working with technical and non-technical clients to effectively resolve challenges, research and implement solutions, and following policies/procedures.
- Additional activities included upgrading, advancing, and solidifying various hands-on technical skills while simultaneously obtaining credentials to validate technical aptitude and knowledge.
Escalation Support Tier III
- Member to a team of professionals responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of mission critical networking technologies located within a complex heterogeneous network infrastructure.
- General responsibilities included administration and support activities, analysis, development and project management activities, as well as, communication/coordination activities.
- Administration and support activities included any and as needed configuration, installation, integration, implementation, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN enterprise technologies.
- Analysis, development, and project management activities included task development and management, budgeting, and project coordination to ensure timely and efficient progression.
- Coordination and communication activities include, but not limited to, interdepartmental communications and coordination, timely reporting to appropriated groups, documentation, and scheduling as needed reports to management.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of various mission-critical LAN/WAN enterprise technologies that were found in a heterogeneous network infrastructure.
- Secondary activities included project management, administration, following corporate policies and procedures, documentation, and scheduling as needed reports to management.