- Experienced and industrious Security, Network, and Voice Engineer with a stellar record of individual and corporate client satisfaction. Supported small through large scaled Enterprise Networks by the following areas: Voice, Security, Router and Switch, and Server infrastructures
- Experience designing and deploying large scale enterprise class MPLS, BGP, and OSPF architectures
- Accomplished Cisco CCNP certified engineer with 20 plus years of experience with enterprise solutions
Senior Network Engineer / Security / VOIP Engineer
- Designed, implemented, and a new infrastructure consisting of all Cisco Routers & Switches, ASA Firewalls, various Cisco Access Points, NX - OS; Juniper Routers & Juniper Firewall, Meraki Access Points; Roku Access Points; Cisco WAAS; HP Switches; Aruba Access Points & Aruba Controller; CUCM; Palo Alto Firewalls; Dell Switches; Dell SonicWalls
- Backbone consisted of DMVPN, MPLS and Fat Pipe
- Protocols consisted of BGP, ERGIP, OSPF, and SIP for voice
- Cisco AnyConnect for client based VPN
- Implemented and Monitored SolarWinds; Mykrotik The Dude; and
- Designed and planned a means to save the company money by increasing the Concurrent Call Path over the SIP monthly recurring cost; therefore, provided the company a free means to an MPLS
- Provided KPI reporting on a Weekly and Monthly basis
- Provided a weekly Security Report showing weekly exposed malicious threats, blocked and any improved security changes that were made
- Belonged to the Change Management approval authority
- Shareholder meetings to discuss current and future projects
- Ensured the infrastructure held high productivity and 97%+ reliability rate
Network Engineer / Voice Engineering / Network Security
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive network and security solution that supported the installation of three newly Data Centers with installation of Cisco Nexus 7k’s with OTV, 5k’s, 4k’s and 3k’s (All NX-OS)
- Supported a Macintosh and Windows Hybrid workstation on LAN
- Designed, implemented, and maintained Cisco VOIP solution. With Cisco, Unified Communications Manager and a SIP drop the phone service saved over 30% on monthly reoccurring cost
- Expert level LAN/WAN networking concepts and networking protocols (Ex: routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, 802.11x Wi-Fi, network and routing protocols, etc.)
- Implemented the conversion of major sites from a flat BGP/OSPF Autonomous System to the rollout of Multi-Label Switching (MPLS) and Virtual Route Forwarding (VRF) Layer 3 VPNs across the enterprise.
- Provide Lead Engineering support across numerous other projects including LAN redesign, VOIP Installation, and Data Center Installations
- Experience with of the following: Edgemarc, SonicWALL, Cisco ASA, Adtran, Total Access series routers, IADs / Integrated Access Devices. Palo Alto, Barracuda, Sonus SBC 1000 - 5110, Riverbed, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco Routers & Switches, NEC Phones Systems, AVAYA Phones, CUCM, DMVPN, VPN Site to Site, SSLVPN, IPV6, Check Point, Cisco WAAS, TACACTS. Shortel Phones
Global Infrastructure Manager / Senior Network Engineer / VOIP Engineer
- Troubleshot complex routing and switching problems. Support included a deep understanding of multi-area OSPF, BGP route-reflection and path selection, DMVPN, and IPsec over GRE.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a Global Network comprised of the following: Barracuda, Cisco ASA, CyberGaurd, Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco Router & Switch, Cisco Nexus, HP, Juniper Networks, Sonus SBC, Tenor, MPLS, SIP, Cisco 4506, LYNC 2013, VMWare, Hyper-V, SCCM
- Strong knowledge of Voice over IP including Hosted PBX/Telephony and SIP Trunk (e.g., SIP, RTP, T.38 Fax, G.711 and G.729 Codec standards)
- Additional responsibilities were as followed: DNS, VM and Hyper-V turn-up and maintaining, active directory, Lync2013, Microsoft Azure, Riverbed, Talahari, Cisco Streamers, CMTS, DHCP,
- Responsibilities included the configuration and installation of Cisco routers within a Frame Relay network utilizing advanced routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Configured various types of VPN’s
- Designed a WiFi networks for various types of needs utilizing Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, Ubiquiti
- Started and designed a Student Internet Service Provider company established of Eight Data Centers. Distributed internet, VOIP, and a Video Channel line-up for students that resided at CLV Dormitories Globally
NOC Manager / Headend Technician
- Responsible for all aspects of installation and maintenance of equipment within a cable television headend. Required to optimize incoming signals from wide variety of sources and process for redistribution to cable systems. Reception and distribution mechanisms include; satellite, off-air antenna, microwave, coaxial cable, fiber
- Proficient in setup and operation of headend equipment including but not limited to: signal processors, modulators, demodulators, satellite receivers, integrated receiver descramblers, digital receivers, transcoders, combining and splitting networks, laser transmitters, fiber optic receivers.
- Utilize computer software and test equipment for variety of measurements including: satellite alignment, RF levels, signal to noise, carrier to noise, low frequency disturbances, composite triple beat, composite and discrete second order beat, depth of modulation and audio deviation.
- Responsible for coordinating and supervising the daily operations of the Network Operations Center (NOC) department that monitors, repairs, and maintains network infrastructure.
- Provides guidance, solutions, and resources for staff in matters of technical and procedural issues.
- Install, implement and maintained monitoring processes for all services, network performance, network maintenance, telecommunications maintenance, facilities management, CMTS's, and overall network performance/reliability.
- Assures proper tracking and reporting of network related measurements including network health reports, post-mortem of outages, trending reports/analysis, and management/operating summaries.