To obtain an Engineering position requiring proven knowledge and skills in network operations and/or project management of Integrated Service Networks.
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Remedy (TTS)
- Sea Change
- SecureCRT 6.2
- FTP Server
- Technical Writing
- Change Control ticketing system
- Amdocs ticketing system
- Confidential CLI
- Cisco CLI
- Juniper CLI
- Final point of escalation for CMTS troubleshooting and break/fix issues on Confidential C4 and Cisco 10K
- Responsible for standardizing configurations on all CMTS platforms including Load - balancing, Fiber Nodes, and Channel Bonding groups for all markets.
- Duties included configuring OSPF for communication with Network Management links.
- Responsible for Capacity budgeting and forecasting for all Markets including ordering parts for each market based on capacity needs and growth projections.
- Support On-call for all CMTS related issues 24/7
- Headed bi-weekly Capacity call for all divisions under corporate.
- Build configurations for Docsis 2.0 and Docsis 3.0 CMTS including BGP, RF, ACL, SSH, Modulation Profiles, IP Scopes and much more via CLI.
- Help technicians with First Modem Provisioning and testing for all new CMTS installs.
- Thorough knowledge of CLI for both Confidential C4 and Cisco TenK to support CMTS’s company wide.
- Implemented IOS upgrades, patches, and other software upgrades for Confidential BSR and Confidential C4 CMTS
- Configured and did troubleshooting on Juniper routers (MX-960, T-1600), Cisco routers and switches (2511, 2611, 2811, 7204, 7609, CRS-1)
- TCP/IP background and experience working with the following protocols: UDP, TFTP,
- DHCP, RIPv2, BGP, OSPF, and SNMP, QoS on the Converged Network comprised primarily of Cisco 7609 and Juniper MX960
- Proven ability to manage multiple task/projects simultaneously
- Support On-Call for HSI, VOD, and CDV services and CRAN network 24/7
- Built configuration and implemented 64 QAM, 4th Downstream, and 3rd upstream across the Central Division
- Experience in forecasting and implementation of IP router based high-speed technology
- Delegated 64-QAM turn-up in Atlanta Market (2010)
- Tested and Deployed Docsis 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 technologies
- Designed, maintained, and troubleshot CRAN and HSI network architecture (Cisco 7609, Juniper MX960)
- Introduced and Deployed 64 QAM, 4th Downstream, and 3rd upstream across Confidential C4, Confidential BSR, and Cisco UBR CMTS in the Atlanta market
- Worked in a team setting, while maintaining flexible schedule in a fast paced work environment
- Support On-Call for HSI, VOD, and CDV services 24/7
- Demonstrated initiative with minimal supervision/direction from management
- Created processes and procedures that Confidential still uses today for overnight maintenances (pre-cutover Check-list, First Modem Provisioning Spreadsheet) (2007, 2011)
- Led my team in launching Docsis 3.0 across 56 hubs in 10 months. I was the first in my group to complete Docsis 3.0 turn-ups in all my 14 hub sites (2009)
- Managed project in converting of Atlanta’s CRAN network from Cisco 7609 to Juniper MX960 (2010) thorough knowledge of CLI for Confidential, Cisco, Confidential and Juniper