- A dedicated and talented IT professional with an extensive history in hardware/software, network administration, systems engineering, computer operations, implementations, field services, customer service, upgrades, troubleshooting, technical support, and end - user support. Proven aptitude in working closely with cross-functional departments and key stakeholders to ensure timely completion and successful delivery of projects and support in a performance-driven environment. A resourceful and focused contributor who positively impacts an organization to reach and exceed short-term and long-term goals.
HillRom NCM & NNC Nurse Call Information, Microsoft Windows Server, Centrax, Active Directory, SQL, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, TCPIP, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange Server, 3CX
Confidential, Orangeburg, South Carolina
Computer Consultant / System Administrator
- Collaborated with customers’ needs to research, design, and implement software packages for various platforms.
- Planned, purchased, and implemented hardware upgrades utilizing items such as routers, switches, motherboards, hard drives, and operating systems.
- Provided a single point of contact via 24-hour support for customers.
- Supported sever vertical software/ hardware platforms for hospital use such as Hill-Rom Nurse Communication Module and Navicare Nurse Call.
- Built and maintained many small business networks.
Confidential, Cary, North Carolina
Field Service Engineer
- Worked with engineering drawings and customer needs to install a complex hardware-software application using multiple hardware devices incorporating SQL databases, motion tracking, patient management, as well as handwashing protocols.
- Installed and configured Centrax Nurse Location system comprised of infrared devices, Wi-Fi devices, and multiple ethernet type devices.
- Provided proactive maintenance inspections on all products annually for each hospital Nurse Call System.
- Crafted operating systems, both on server and client to support all applications using Active Directory, SQL, IIS, and other protocols.
- Served customer 40 hours of support each week, as well as 24 hours per day on-call emergency on-site assistance.
- Oversaw all Hill-Rom hospitals within a 3 State radius of home with 24-hour support.
Confidential, Columbia, South Carolina
Senior LAN Administrator
- Responsible for maintaining more than 200 clients running Windows 98 and Windows 2000/XP, Windows NT 4.0 Server & Workstation, and 12 Servers running Windows NT Server 4.0, 6 Windows 2003 Server, 6 Unix Servers 1 Novell 4.0 Server. Configure install, test and evaluate new software.
- Troubleshooting all (WAN) problems related to connectivity between different sites in 5 other cities. Coordinate implementation of Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) and Trusting Domain Network. Monitoring databases CPM and EMR. Duties include maintaining Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and Changepoint & Softrack Servers and all Virus Protection. Maintaining Backup & Recovery Strategy using Tivoli Storage Manager (ADSM).
- Created and maintained a computer lab for testing and developing a plan for migration from Windows NT to Windows 2003 Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2003. Assist in troubleshooting remote users Wireless Networks and VPN access. On-Call 24/7.
Senior LAN Administrator
- Designed and built customers computer center. This included purchasing systems, ordering systems as well as doing all the implementation.
- Installed and configured their Cisco routers as well as the Meriden PBX phone system. This included multiple VLANS as well as voice mail and voice mailboxes.
- Responsible for deploying over 14 windows 2003 Servers along with several types of SDLS/XDXL modems.
- Administration and maintenance of Microsoft Exchange Servers and
- Upgrade and maintain the Local Area Network (LAN) equipment to Gigabit from the desktop to the routers.
- Implementation of an IP based video security system.