- Manage a 24/7 multi - tier Linux application delivery environment.
- Linux administration, performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance.
- Proactive monitoring using nagios monitoring tool.
- Network troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Data Center Migration, & Consolidation, Development & Production Support.
- Kickstart Installation.
- Bash scripting
Platform: Linux (RHEL) Enterprise, UBUNTU, Linux enterprise 6 & 7, Window NT/2000/2003.Virtual: KVM virtualization, VMware
Monitoring Tool: Nagios.
Ticketing Software:: OSticket, Remedy
Protocols: dhcp, dns, http, https, ftp, ssh, rdp.
Patch management: Yum, Rpm, Redhat Satellite
Log Management: Rsyslog
DevOps and Configuration Management/ Continuous Deployment: Ansible, git, Docker, Jenkins.
Vulnerability Management: tenable.sc
EDUCAITON: University Of Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria - Bachelor Of Science. | Accounting 2008
Confidential, Roanoke, Virginia
System Engineer - Unix/AIX
- Manage enterprise servers using Redhat Satellite 5.
- System monitoring using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Patch management using a combination of VMware and Redhat Satellite.
- Responsible for working with individual clients for issues pertaining to systems and application troubleshooting.
- Scripting cron jobs for scheduled assignments.
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for key applications within the data center.
- Vulnerability Management with tenable.sc.
Confidential, Hyattsville, MD
Linux System Engineer
- Install, configure, maintain and administer Linux / UNIX operating systems and components.
- Disk management and implementation of RAID levels using parted fdisk and mdadm
- Experienced with Linux family (Red Hat Enterprise Server, CentOS, VMware).
- Set up and administer user and groups accounts, setting permissions to Web servers, file servers, firewalls, and directory services with ability to diagnose basic Apache Issues.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and maintaining network.
- Troubleshoot network problems using tools such as Netstat, Ping, Traceroute and Telnet.
- Installing and configuration of nagios monitoring tool to monitor enterprise servers.
- Play a key role in team activities per Linux/Unix administration.
- Built and installed multiple Linux machines, Patched and maintained system updates using tools such as yum and rpm package managers.
- System and Application troubleshooting.
- Provide data center turnover reports to incoming personnel highlighting high priority pending issues.
- Scheduled CRON jobs to automate system monitoring.
- Planned and executed packages and updates installations necessary for optimal system performance.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS, and Apache.
- Provides customer service support which includes responding to system and network outages
- Opening and closing trouble tickets in a timely and precise fashion.
- Open RMA tickets with Product Vendors and follow up for appropriate parts replacement.
- Use Nagios monitoring tool to monitor system and network environment.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operation Procedures(SOP) for key applications within the data center
- Provide system and help desk support in a tierd environment and responsible for escalating trouble tickets to the parties responsible. a
- Walking Data Center floors to physically monitor servers and condition of Data Center.
Confidential, Houston, TX.
- Install, configure and manage CRM using Salesforce.
- Using SAP to track inventory and materials
- Performing data entry of goods received to be processed.
- Calculation of final acceptable goods in the Master Batch Record.
- Operation of Eisai Cartridge inspection Machine.
- Resolve software and hardware problems and interface with vendor support to using CMS.
- Respond to security alerts with risk evaluation and monitoring /report on unauthorized access attempts.
- Monitor security logs to determine security problems.
- Optimize system performance by tracking daily system utilization, to determine if problems are imminent.
- Monitor and provide daily reports on system performance to pinpoint performance bottlenecks and on an as needed basis, select various system options and parameters.
- Adding users, Groups and performing End day transactions and Backup on customer accounts