- A hands - on Network professional, who possess a CCNA R&S and CCNA Wireless, A+ and Network+ Certification with more than 15 years troubleshooting and analysis experience in TDM and VOIP networks and 6 years of experience in 802.11 technology
- Working Towards CCNP Wireless
- Problem solver for complex voice and Wireless Network
- Excellent customer service, with over 15 years direct customer interface
- Ability to troubleshoot problems involved in internetworking, IP routing, IP addressing and network devices.
- Ability to research, document and track technical issues to resolution.
- Aptitude for learning and utilizing new technologies
- Military background with proven leadership skills
- Support and install 802.11 infrastructure including Cisco’s 350, 1200, 1300, 1400, 2600, 3700 and 2800 series access points
- Engineer solutions to integrate wireless LAN coverage for green field
- Assisted in deploying in the Cisco’s Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE) servers for DNC.
- Setup all access points in the WLSE for use with Radio Management, Rogue AP detection, Auto Site Re-Survey, and troubleshooting
- Administer testing using for Radius authentication of wireless clients.
- Experience working with outside vendors and organizations to have wireless site surveys performed and required equipment installed. (Airports, Warehouses, medical, facilities sports arenas, manufacture facilities, flight lines as well as corporates enterprise facilities.
- Ability to perform drive testing for city for wireless site surveys using all a variety of WIFI testing equipment
Confidential - Morrisville, NC
Wireless Network Engineer
- Support and install 802.11b/n/g infrastructure including Cisco’s 350, 1200, 1300, 1400,
- 2600,2800 and 3700 access points and Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers 5500 series, 8500 and 7500 series
- Engineer solutions to integrate wireless LAN coverage into new facilities
- Administer Cisco’s Wireless LAN Solution Engine (WLSE) servers.
- Setup all access points in the WLSE for use with Radio Management, Rogue AP detection, AutoSite Re-Survey, and troubleshooting
- Administer Cisco ACS servers used for Radius authentication of wireless clients.
- Work with outside vendors and internal USPS organizations to have wireless site surveys performed using Airmagnetic and Ekahau required along with equipment installation.
- Troubleshoot switching issues such as VLANs, VTP, and spanning tree issues.
- Convert existing LANs from flat layer-2 networks to layer-3 multi-switched networks.
- Perform project management duties
- Assist in preparing cost estimates for projects
- Survey, Design, implement and support enterprise wireless networks, using Airmagnetic and Ekahau wireless network design tools
Confidential - Morrisville, NC
Network Consulting Engineer
- Perform IOS Risk Assessments and Software Optimization Risk Analysis (SORA).
- Support team in providing optimization and implementation to customers.
- Tracks software and hardware defects and update for Quarterly Business Report (QBR).
- Completed PSIRT reports for Network Consulting Engineer.
Network Consulting Engineer
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization assistance to Advanced Services Customers around Cisco’s Mobility solutions for Wireless.
- Perform Wireless Network signal analysis and verification using Airmagnetic, Ekuaha and Spectrum Wi-Fi analysis tool.
- Performed testing for a large customer wireless network for new release code verification to minimize customer impact (SVSLAB).
- Lead and mentor junior engineers on wireless projects during design and Site surveys.
- Have designed and surveyed all venues from Health Care Facilities, Sports Arenas, and Corporate locations covering tens of millions of square feet.
- Design the NYPH wireless network green field over 3 million square feet.
- Perform Software Optimization Risk analysis for wireless customer in Advance Services.
Junior Voice Engineer
- Upgrade the PNC voice network for Voice Over Internet Protocol
- Analyzed the legacy voice network and designed phone configuration for each branch networks.
- Used (CUCM) Cisco Unified Call Manager and Unity Mail system for Voice over IP phone systems using the (SCCP) Skinny Client Control Protocol on the IP Cisco phones (79XX).
- Lead facilitator on a technical bridge after hours ensuring successful deployment of Voice over IP at various branches.
Cisco Support Engineer
Confidential - Mooresville, NC
- Converted the existing LOWE'S network from flat layer-2 networks to layer-3 multi-switched networks, by performing BackOffice Cutovers and Vlan Segmentation.
- Replaced and configured all existing Cisco network infrastructure with new Cisco gear, including the 2951 router, Layer 3 switches (3560) and Layer 2 switches (2960).
- Configured (2) ASA-5510’s in failover mode, adjusted and configured Vlans and spanning tree protocols, VTP and trunking. Troubleshot and resolved various PBX issues with the stores.
- Modified existing ACL’s, IPsec and preform network translations. Installed WAAS for increased network efficiencies and speed. Setup InfloBox for local DHCP & DNS configuration.
- Configured Imdyne, SMDR, LRT devices and IP adjustments for local NAS.
- Performed WAN operations, Static routing, Basic BGP routing, First-hop redundancy and WAN links on Cisco Routers.
- Ensured that all POS devices recover after the completion of the Back Office cutover or Vlan segmentation.
Senior Network Technical Support Engineer
- Provided Tier II technical support for customers with large and small networks with Time Division Multiplex (TDM) and CVOIP technologies.
- Resolved tickets assigned via the Clarify case management system as well as assisted others on my support team.
- Troubleshot call-processing issue using call flow logic, Wireshark and other packet tracing tools.
- Thorough understanding of the Public Switched Telephone Network signaling (SS7).
- Supported Complex Translations in the Confidential DMS and CS2K for lines and Trunks (DS1, DS3 and Optical Carriers. (OC1, OC12, OC48 etc.).
- Performed complex analysis to certain protocols required for call processing within the Telecommunications network.
- Followed up with customers for satisfactory resolution and documentation of each case for future reference in the knowledge database.