Experienced systems administrator skilled in the management and deployment of desktops, laptops, workstations and servers across large corporate networks.
VMware, Citrix Server and Client, Cisco, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Active Directory, Windows RDP, Microsoft Office, Lotus Suite, Desktop, Laptop, Workstation, Server, Printers, Project management, Asset Management, Time management, Conflict resolution, Consulting, Policy writing and implementation
Field Service Engineer
- Provide service and maintain user pc's for 300 users at a healthcare facility.
- Maintenance of servers, network ancillary devices.
- Moving physical servers from virtual and creating new servers via Hyper - V
- Creating and maintaining user accounts in active directory.
- Managing and deploying group policies
- Create and maintained e-mail accounts on Exchange servers.
- Maintain of virus and malware detection using Symantec endpoint protection.
- Followed strict federal and state guidelines regarding hippa guidelines
- Maintain Microsoft patches.
- Management of Cisco and HP network including switches, routers, and access points.
- Maintain barracuda web filter, spam filter and email backup appliances
- Install user software packages managing the Sophos fire wall.
- Installing of new servers, firewall and other related devices.
- Breed and raise exotic animals including pre - natal care, incubation, feeding, administering medication when necessary.
- Knowledge of genetics, breeding strategies, and process to produce certain desirable color variations.
- Knowledge in different types, breeds, and ability to differentiate between young male and female animals.
- Closely monitor young animals once they emerge.
- Examine and monitor animals to detect symptoms of illness or injury.
- Administer basic care to all animals including feeding, cleaning, and administering vitamins to help in the breeding process.
- Create and implement company business plan.
- Create and implement marketing strategies to include social media presence, website development, and online sales.
- Manage company budget. trade shows for exotic animals to include education of potential customers and other breeders.
Systems Administrator - Team Lead
- System Administrator / team lead. Managed 3 teams executing simultaneous projects
- Configuration and Installation of new servers in Sears and Kmart stores.
- Led a team of 6 technicians.
- Trained and mentored new technicians.
- Created and documented new testing and implementation procedures.
- Managed and deployed Cisco network including switches and routers
- Managed Microsoft Windows Server 2012 based servers.
- Created, managed and deployed VMware virtual servers.
- Configured servers remotely through Dell idrac using UFEI bios Projects
- Company wide refresh of pharmacy computers in Kmart stores
Level 2 Field Technician
- Responsible for onsite support of over 40 health care facilities, comprising over 5,000 users.
- Break / fix hardware and software support for desktops, laptops, and electronic medical record kiosks.
- Created and maintained e - mail accounts on Exchange servers.
- Maintain high level of virus and malware detection.
- Maintain high rate of patch compliance.
- Management of Cisco network including switches, routers, and access points.
- Active Directory administration.
- Account creation and management.
- Installed and configured Citrix clients on user workstations
- Managed user workstations using Windows RDP, Teamviewer, and Bomgar.
- Set up, configure, and troubleshoot VPN software.
- Maintain VMware based servers.
- Configure, Install and maintain printers.
- Followed strict federal and state guidelines regarding patient medical records.
Desktop Support Analyst
- Provided hardware / software, IMAC support for Confidential facilities in Aurora & Joliet. (over 6,000 users overall)
- Break / fix for hardware desktops, workstations, and laptops.
- IMAC support for Aurora and Joliet sites.
- Backup and copy user data while following Confidential guideline regarding confidential information.
- Setup and configured users lotus notes accounts.
- Maintained PC loaner database.
- Account administration through Active Directory.
- Install, setup and maintain HP printers.
- Trouble - shoot print queue issues.
- Windows XP to 7 migration for engineering offices
Asset Recovery Agent
- Worked with financial institutions to recover assets held by debtors.
- Reviewed delinquent accounts on the DRN network database.
- Used specialized industry equipment / software to recover and transport vehicles to assigned holding locations.
- Minimized risk and reduced liability through proper operation of location equipment, ensuring that all pertinent laws and company policies were observed.
- Led four departments of the E - waste facility that refurbishes, resells, and recycles computer and electronic equipment
- Evaluated and tested incoming IT equipment to determine value.
- Hardware break / fix on desktop, laptops, workstations and servers.
- Managed teams to ensure various tasks are performed in a correct and efficient manner.
- Prepared productivity reports for weekly management review sessions.