- Over 7 years of experience as Cloud, DevOps, Build & Release Engineer and gained expertise as Linux Administrator which also includes SCM, Build and Release Management, Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment/Delivery as an iterative process and automation of infrastructure using different tools and cloud services like Azure , AWS and OpenStack .
- Experienced in migrating on premise storage to Microsoft Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups and deployed Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure Vnets and subnets.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development , worked on Azure Web Applications , Azure SQL Database , Virtual machines , Azure Active Directory , Azure VPN Gateway , Azure Fabric , Azure search , App services , Notification hub and experienced in using Azure service fabric to package, deploy and manage reliable microservices .
- Hands on experience on Azure Data Factory to orchestrate the ingestion of data from various sources like Azure tables, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Storage Blobs, and on - premises databases to Azure Data Lake Store.
- Experience in Architecting and securing the Infrastructure on AWS using EC2, EBS, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, Cloud Front, Route 53, Dynamo DB, Red Shift, RDS, KMS, IAM, ECS, ELB, EFS, Cloud Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud trail, Cloud watch, SNS, SQS, SES, AWS kinesis focusing on High Availability, Fault-Tolerance and Auto Scaling.
- Experienced in designing AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Applications and database template and used Clover ETL to migrate data to AWS Redshift and used AWS Beanstalk for fast deploying, scaling and load balancing of web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar web servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Experience in designing and deploying a highly available and fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS using terraform modules, these modules installs a web application in Public subnet and database in Private subnet which can communicate using the local route table in the VPC.
- Experience in working with creation of Purge applications script to automate the deletion of stopped/unused applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and also worked on integration of Splunk with Pivotal Cloud Foundry for management of application syslog and different component metric logs
- Experienced in Managing and troubleshooting OpenStack components like Heat, Neutron, Cinder, Glance, Nova, Swift, Keystone, Horizon, Ceilometer and Used Python scripts to onboard new nova-computes (hypervisors) to add more capacity to environment.
- Expertise in working with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as a code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, change automation and extensively used Auto scaling launch configuration templates for launching amazon EC2 instances while deploying microservices.
- Implemented cluster services using Kubernetes and Docker to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Experience in managing Kubernetes charts using Helm and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files, releases of Helm packages and Identified variables for production and templatized Kubernetes manifests.
- Experience in creating clusters using Kubernetes , creating pods , replication controllers, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing YAML files and hands on experience in building and deploying the application code using CLI of Kubernetes like kubectl, kubelet, kubeadm and Kubespray.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images, used Docker File and ran Docker Build to build custom images, used named volumes and bind mounts to map the host files to containers files
- Experienced in using Docker Compose to build and host custom applications, used Docker Swarm and its Overlay Networking to keep the related containers under same network, scaled out with Routing Mesh of Docker, used Secrets in Docker Swarm Services
- Experience in working on different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags, Foodcritic, Knife, and Chef Server Admin/Organizations and written Chef Recipes to automate build/deployment process and data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS and involved in Knife and Chef Bootstrap process, converted production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using chef recipes.
- Experience in writing Ansible Play books that deploys Docker, Kubernetes and run all the CICD Pipeline components and Integrated Ansible playbooks with Terraform modules to combine infrastructure creation and configuration.
- Experienced in working with Ansible Centralized Server (Tower) and created the playbooks to support various middleware application servers and involved in configuring the Ansible tower as a configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experienced in using Hashi Corp Vault Secrets, Key Rolling , which are updated at any time and used Audit Logs which can store a detailed audit log of all authenticated client interactions and Implemented a highly-available Hashi Corp Vault cluster, utilizing Ansible Playbook to automate the deployment of the servers
- Experienced in developing Continuous integration and Continuous deployment system with Jenkins on Kubernetes container environment, utilizing Kubernetes and Jenkins for the runtime environment using CI/CD to build, test and deploy.
- Experience in Configuring and managing source code using GIT and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers and provided a consistent environment in implementing Continuous Integration, using Jenkins and GIT.
- Experience in managing software artifacts required for development using repository managers like Nexus and Artifactory and Published snapshot and release versioned artifacts into Nexus repository.
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like ELK stack (Elasticsearch, LogStash & Kibana), Nagios, Splunk, Filebeat and Grafana to monitor logs of applications in production and testing.
- Extensive knowledge in configuring and maintaining network services like FTP, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, SAN/NAS.
- Experience in working with Infoblox Grid manager to ensure high availability DNS, DHCP and IPAM services throughout the distributed network and performed Configuration on ASR 9K Pairs includes HSRP, Bundle Ethernet Config, assigning DHCP profiles.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, Bash and familiar with the Storage, Networking, PowerShell commands and experienced in creating automated PowerShell scripts for web app deployment.
- Experience in deployment of applications to Oracle WebLogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Nginx and Web Sphere servers and worked on Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, Kickstart, Bonding, LAMP and LDAP.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, PCF
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
CI /CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, Gradle
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, Prometheus, New Relic
Databases: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, DB2, MySQL, NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, NGINX, IIS, JBoss4.1, WebSphere, Web Logic 9.x/10.x, Gerrit
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris
Virtualization Platforms:: Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.X, ESX /3.x, Hyper-V
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Mingle
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks, Subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, Security policies, Routing and managed Azure Web Roles, Azure worker roles, Azure AD Licenses, Office365
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks and excellent skills in deploying Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Hands on Experience in migrating data from a PostgreSQL DB Instance to an Azure Cosmos DB by configuring VPC security groups to secure network access to the DB cluster and implementation of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory for single sign on, authentication, authorization and Role-based Access Control (RBAC).
- Worked on Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup , Installed and Configured the Azure Backup agent and virtual machine backup, Enabled Azure Virtual machine backup from the vault and configured the ASR.
- Extensive experience in Azure (IaaS) migration like creating Azure VMs , storage accounts , VHDs , Storage pools , migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets in Azure
- Designed AZURE Resource Manager (ARM) templates and custom build steps using PowerShell. Identified and logged defects in VSTS and interacted with developers to prioritize the issues.
- Experience in deploying a Dynamics NAV database that is exported as a data-tier application (DAC). bacpac file into Azure SQL using SQL Server Manager and used Azure Terraform to deploy the Azure infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project.
- Built Terragrunt project to manage Terraform configuration file DRY while working with multiple terraforms modules and worked with Terraform Templates to automate the Azure IaaS virtual machines using terraform modules and deployed virtual machine scale sets in production environment.
- Setting up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure and Implemented a Kubernetes Container Orchestration solution within OpenStack allowing for easy management, creation & recovery of OpenStack assets .
- Worked on implementing clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating pods, replication controllers, Name Spaces, deployments, labels, health checks, Ingress resources and Controllers by writing YAML files, integrated them using calico SDN networking and used Heapster monitoring platform on Kubernetes to report detailed resource usage information.
- Installed and configured a private Docker Registry, authored Docker files to run apps in containerized environments and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace ids
- Used Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application lifecycle and worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and deployed CoreOS Kubernetes Clusters to manage Docker containers with light weight Docker Images as base files.
- Experience in creating Inventory, job templates and scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower and supported server provisioning activities, middleware installation and deployment activities via Ansible.
- Experience in working with Ansible Tower to manage several nodes and manage inventory for different environments and automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, Integrated Ansible Tower with cloud environment, provided role based access control, setup job monitoring, email notifications, scheduled jobs, multi-playbook workflow to chain playbooks.
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks for installing WebLogic/tomcat application, deployment of WAR, JAR, and EAR files across all the environments and good working knowledge on Ansible Galaxy .
- Experience in encrypting the data using Ansible Vault and maintained role-based access control by using Ansible Tower and implemented IT orchestration using Ansible to run tasks in a sequence which can work on different servers
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins
- Worked on complete Jenkins plugins and administration using Groovy Scripting, setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations. Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications
- Worked on the GIT branching for applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of applications.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using POLL SCM option. Performed all necessary day - to - day GIT support for different projects and responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories , and the access control strategies.
- Tested Splunk search strings, Operational strings and used it as resource monitoring tool and also worked with administrators to ensure Splunk is actively and accurately running and monitoring on the current infrastructure implementation
- Scheduled Splunk based Reports and alerts to monitor the system health performance and maintained Splunk based native Role and User creation
- Worked on Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure Cloud system in creation of Resource groups, Web Applications, Azure Storage Blobs & Tables, firewall rules and used Python scripts to automate day to day administrative tasks
- Experience in performing operational routines using MongoDB and also performed backups, security measures, restored backups using MongoDB
- Worked on Dynatrace and ELK for server monitoring, also used Net Scalar and monitoring tools like Dynatrace for Load Balancing and Controlling Flow of Traffic
Environment : Azure, Office 365, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk, ELK, docker, Kubernetes, Artifactory, Git, Bash, Python, shell, PowerShell, Nginx, Jira, Mongo DB
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked on AWS Provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Lambda, Elastic load balancers, Elastic container service, S3, Elastic beanstalk, RDS, Dynamo DB, VPC, Route53, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Cloud formation, IAM, Elastic search
- Developed, deployed, and managed event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to be triggered in response to events on various AWS sources including logging, monitoring, security related events and to be invoked on scheduled basis to take backups.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster .
- Migrated on premises Databases to AWS using AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) and Used AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create AMIs for critical production servers as backups.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain highly available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure using chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for Continuous integration.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments
- Used terraform to write Infrastructure as code and created Terraform scripts for EC2 instances, Elastic Load balancers and S3 buckets
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple apps
- Worked on Container Orchestration tools like Docker & Kubernetes, in-order to build docker image from docker files and run the containers in the docker engine, whereas these clusters are securely managed by Kubernetes
- Experience in using Kubernetes to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts and Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes , Config-Maps, selector, services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef-server using Workstation.
- Extensively worked with Scheduling, deploying and managing Container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes and worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform
- Tested Chef Cookbook modifications on cloud instances in AWS and using Test Kitchen and Chef Spec and used Ohai to collect attributes on a node. Worked on Chef DK which takes of care creating cookbooks and recipes.
- Deployed and managed many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud-oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef Platform and written cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize project configuration.
- Performed the automation deployments using AWS by creating the IAMs and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
- Used Elasticsearch (ELK stack) for centralized logging and analytics in the continuous delivery pipeline to store logs and metrics using storage function
- Built and maintained ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK) stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications and collection of Build metrics and its Test case metrics from Jenkins to show case as visualization in Kibana dashboard using ELK.
- Used GIT as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations and defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Experience in GIT Workflow - Feature branches, Merge/Conflict resolution, pull requests using source control tool Git.
- Built Python automation scripts to apply OS patching for EC2 instances for security upgrades and skilled in using Collections in Python for manipulating and looping through different user defined objects.
- Used Python libraries such as Paramiko, Pycrypto, XML parser and logging libraries to develop automatic storage, networking deployment tool on scale-out environment with Linux and Troposphere libraries to create AWS Cloud Formation descriptions
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
Environment: AWS, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Kubernetes, Java, Maven, ELK, Shell, Bash, Python, DynamoDB, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Linux, VMware
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer's and AMI's, Autoscaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Used CloudTrail to audit the logs of AWS account activity, including actions taken through AWS management console , Command line tool, AWS SDKs and other AWS services.
- Deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare's as required in the environment.
- Experience in creating Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on setting up Jenkins as a service inside the Docker swarm cluster to reduce the fail over downtime to minutes and to automate the Docker containers deployment without using configuration management tool.
- Worked with Chef for all the software configurations and written multiple complex Cookbooks and Recipes for pushing the configurations to various enterprise nodes
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure and automated the cloud deployments using Chef
- Designed CI/CD pipeline to make use of docker files for building docker images and validating containers using entry points
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool and Jenkins as automation tool to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experienced in designing, scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from dev to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins to automate the deployments onto app servers and Artifactory
- Worked in designing and implementing continuous integration system using JENKINS by creating Python and Shell scripts and worked on CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GIT version control system for continuous smooth code release process.
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database and also created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Experienced in Splunk to build, configure and maintain heterogeneous environments and have in-depth knowledge of log analysis generated by various systems including security products
- Standardized Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance in Linux and Windows platforms and worked on setting up splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags
- Configured and maintained Linux Virtualization in test and production environment using VMware, vSphere, Client and HPSA for Red Hat Linux OS installation
- Involved in Building and configuring Red Hat Linux Servers using KickStart server as required for the project. Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for enterprise prod, QA, and UAT/staging.
Environment: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Github, Python, Shell Scripting, Powershell, XML, Jira, Linux
Build & Release Engineer
- Experienced in setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Puppet, Bamboo in Linux environments and managed Roles and profiles for various technology stacks in Puppet.
- Managing and administering multiple instances of Bitbucket, including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Linux and develop server-side scripts to customize Bitbucket and to tie in with other tools such as Jira and Bamboo.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Server, Puppet-Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Experienced in writing Manifests/Modules for Installation and Updating of Yum repositories on the Server using Puppet infrastructure.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using puppet.
- Worked with ANT for building the application and involved in writing Ant and Shell Scripts for compilation and deployment process
- Responsible for build automation tools like ANT for building applications by customizing the build.xml and Integrated the ANT plugin to build artifacts
- Experience in using JIRA as Issue Tracking Tool or the Review Management Tool and configured Jira on hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation and created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets
- Worked on Nagios Dashboard with creating custom alerts and plugins to monitor application file systems.
- Experience in performing configuration of standard Linux and network protocols, such as SMTP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP.
Environment: Puppet, SVN, GIT, ANT, Bitbucket, Jira, Perl, Shell, Bamboo, RHEL, Windows, Nexus .
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Expertise in virtualization using VMware ESX server 3.5/4.0, VMware Workstation, Hyper-V, VirtualBox and XEN, RED HAT enterprise virtualization suite
- Administration of RHEL 5/6 that includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Performed Administrative and Management tasks using shell Scripts written in Bash, Python, C-Shell and CRON tab in Linux to automate the tasks
- Installed and configured SSH, SFTP, NDM, EMC Power path, Veritas Dynamic multipathing, Oracle client, SAMBA utility software.
- Administered various Red Hat Linux Distributions with use of Kickstart in order to monitor, scale, maintain and plan capacity of Servers.
- Work support to all Linux system problems 24x7, ensuring high availability and Creation of Kickstart images for the different versions of Red Hat Linux Operating system like 5.x and 6.x and created Bash/shell scripts to automate day to day administrative tasks.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for system/application, Application monitoring , Data feeds files transfers & log file analysis.
- Performed Kickstart to automate installation process of CentOS server units and wrote shell script to create multiple accounts at once and a script to configure samba server on Linux for file sharing.
- Configured Proxy Server (Squid), DNS, FTP and DHCP servers on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Configured, maintained system securities using IPTABLES
- Monitored System Performance of Virtual memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
- Implementing NIS and DNS naming services and administering the public DNS servers, monitoring system Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware.