SUMMARY: CCNA-certified NETWORK ENGINEER
- 19 years as a Network Specialist in one of the largest global IT companies.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP, IBM/SNA, APPN and X.25, including VTAM, IBM and Interlink TCP/IP, NCP, Netview and NPSI
- Proven expertise building small to very large networks with Cisco Routers and Switches, utilizing EIGRP, OSPF, SNAsw, DLSW, Access lists
- Operating Systems experience with Cisco IOS, IBM z/OS, VSE/ESA, VM.
- Software experience with CICS, RACF, NETSPY, CL/SUPERSESSION, PL/1, Windows, MS Host Integration Server.
- Hardware including Cisco Routers/Switches, IBM Mainframes, IBM 37x5 Communication Controllers.
1987 to 1994, 1997 to 2009
Network Infrastructure Specialist
As a member of the Mainframe Network Delivery team, installed, configured, and performed ongoing problem management of mainframe networking products utilized at HP/EDS including VTAM, APPN, NCP, TCP/IP, Netview and Cisco Networking products.
- Mainframe Network Team Lead on several complex Data Center consolidation and migration projects.
- Integral member of Network Modernization team that re-engineered EDS Mainframe networking to utilize TCP/IP instead of SNA as the backbone transport protocol, decreasing costs and increasing reliability.
- Implemented Cisco SNAsw, APPN, VIPA, OSPF, Enterprise Extender, Extended Border Node, IBM/OSA at multiple locations as part of Network Modernization.
- Performed ongoing system maintenance, involving Mainframe Operating System upgrades, Communications product upgrades, Cisco IOS upgrades.
- Participated in frequent multi-system Disaster Recovery Drills.
- Organized and lead a Cisco CCNA Study-group.
- Team Lead for Network Operations group.
- On Call support for multiple EDS Clients.
1994 to 1997
Senior Network Systems Engineer
As System One\'s first Network Engineer, responsible for all aspects of Network design, installation and operation of System One\'s multi-protocol network.
- Worked closely with customers to design and build a Frame-Relay network that extended to over 120 Healthcare Provider facilities.
- Evaluated network technologies, selected vendors, and analyzed bids for Telco WAN offerings.
- Coordinated acquisition of System One\'s first IBM Mainframe; two Mainframe replacements; purchase and configuration of over 30 Cisco Routers and ancillary communication equipment for corporate and customer sites.
- Performed ongoing analysis of customer connectivity issues.
Senior Systems Programmer
Major in Computer Science
Attended many professional seminars and classes concerning IBM software usage, TCP/IP, Cisco Routers, SNA/LAN Integration, Frame Relay, Unix, C.