Be able to conceptualize, architect, design and implement secured voice/data network.
CERTIFICATIONS: CCNP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIE (#11338, R&S)
Data Network Engineer (1/2/2012 – 3/30/2012)
- Evaluate migrating voice network and recommend redesign directions
- Identify and communicate technical gaps to internal and external functional teams
- Configure IPT components: CUCM, Unity, and VG
- Configure UCCE components: CUBE, SIP Server, CVP, and ICM
- Configure Aceyus for reporting and Verint for recording
- Complete enterprise IPT and UCCE migration
- Troubleshoot migration issues and support daily voice network operations
Data Network Engineer (June/2009 – November/2011)
- Gather information on existing CC environments and future requirements
- Understand the deficiencies and limitations of existing CC environment
- Review and contribute RFP, business cases, and system requirements
- Guide architecture team with the vision of pure IP-based and SIP only environment
- Work with vendors and evaluate vendors’ solutions and products
- Architect the CC solution with high availability (HA) and right capacity
- Size bandwidth needs for five CC and two DC for WAN access
- Lead MPLS and QoS design and implementation to support Enterprise CC migration
- Lead Session Border Controller (SBC) solutions to have a secured voice network
Architect and Design WAN Changes for Confidential,
- Plan and design changes to improve network capability, stabilities and capacity
- Create HL design, IP address schemes, VLAN, and cable runs for new capabilities
- Review existing and newly designed network elements to ensure redundancy, diversity, cost efficiencies, aggregation impact, and capacity are being met
- Act as Cisco vendor interface to evaluate and implement new technologies
- Define DC switch requirements, evaluate vendor products, and recommend solutions
- Recommend and justify solutions to ensure WAN circuit and service delivered
- Lead L2/L3 design and implementation for new offices and new applications
- Interact with security, performance, capacity, NOC, system monitoring, and IT teams
- Coordinate changes with Telco and Network carriers for WAN/Internet connections
- Provide Tier 3 technical support, train and monitor Tier 1 and 2 support engineers
Cisco TAC Engineer (July/2007 – April/2009)
Customer Technical Support for Confidential,
- Provide third level technical supports on all aspects of Cisco UC Systems – CM, CME, CVP, Unity, IP phone, IPCC, CUPS (SIP server), and voice GW
- Configure, implement, troubleshoot and maintain Cisco Voice UC systems.
- Apply analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product/network problems
- Determine root causes and resolutions on deployed voice networks
- Utilize complex lab setups to recreate and solve customer issues
- Keep up-to-date technical skills with new products to support market needs
- Interact and technical supports across different technical and development teams
- Provide technical presentations and training to internal teams.
Senior Voice Network Engineer (January/2006 – July/2007)
- Convert voice networks from Avaya to Cisco VoIP solutions.
- Architect, design and implement VoIP solutions for employees and CC agents
- Design/implement VOICE infrastructure with dialing plan, route group, route list, route pattern, class of services, media resources, music-on-hold, and voice GW
- Implement media resource of transcoder, conference bridge, and Music-on-Hold
- Create CM features such as Attendant Console, Extension Mobility and IPMA
- Preserve IP phone calls with SRST for temporary WAN outage
- Deploy Cisco IP phones and cut lines from Avaya to Cisco IP phones
- Create Unity subscribers, voice mails, call handlers with greetings
- Create CRA features such as AA and ICD by CTI route points/ports and scripts
- Implemented LAN/WAN QoS with marking, queuing (LLQ), and congestion mgmt
- Implement automatic alternate route (AAR) and FAX.
Data Network Engineer III (Aug/2004 – 2005)
- Deploy data networks with routes and switches for green field customers
- Move customers’ frame relay to point-to-point T1s for all the remote locations
- Configure customers’ IOS security and access security
- Redesign customer’s IP addressing and routing strategies
- Implement WAN BGP and ISDN backup to increase clients’ network reliability.
- Resolve/consult clients’ network issues and deliver informal technical discussions.
- Identify and resolve clients’ routing, signaling and security issues.
- Interact with clients, data centers, Telco, SBC groups, and technical consultants
- Monitor customer networks, created trouble tickets and informed customer the status
- Identify network congestion and provided solutions to resolve nodes flapping.
- Setup and debug secured VPN client to access company’s VPN concentrator.
VoIP Solution Architect – (1998-2001)
- Architect, design and implement VoIP solutions (SS7, H.323, and MGCP)
- Work on voice and data convergent strategies and solutions.
- Present technical solutions and be able to handle broad technical questions
- Identify working items on all the involved components end to end
- Architect voice gateway and identify requirements to simplify convergence solutions to reduce product COGS and time to market
- Evaluate and recommend internal/external gateway architecture and products
- Propose potential services and capabilities to expend market share
- Team with capacity and performance leads to ensure overall systems integrity
- Review customer technical specification and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Work closely with developer, architect, system engineer, product, and marketing teams to define and meet customer’s requirements
- Have the ability to lead, reach goals and provide tiered supports to team members
ATM Solution Architect and development – (1992-1998)
- Extensive ATM system development work included requirements, architect, design, coding and testing on call processing, resource management, signaling and routing
- Design and implement Object Oriented (OO) data analysis and techniques
- Document many HL and LL designs and team leader on several development projects
Telephony Switching ISDN Systems Software Development – (1986-1992)
- Worked on all aspects of PSTN ISDN system switching product development cycle for call processing, supplemental services, routing and signaling
- Team leader on several development projects from concept to implementation
IP Voice, IP Routing and Switching (BGP, OSPF, MPLS) and IP security
Education: MS Computer Science