A self - motivated System and Network Administrator with five years of enterprise level experience, specializing in the design, implementation, maintenance, security and support of large scale IT infrastructure in a variety of industries. Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys a high-pressure team oriented environment. A self-starter who stays abreast of current and future trends involving information technology.
Server Applications: Confidential Exchange 2003-2016, Active Directory, AD Certificate Services, ADLDS, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Nginx, SQL Server, MySQL, WebSphere, JBoss, SAP, Kronos, SharePoint, Checkpoint SmartConsole and related applications, Multi-vendor IP Telephony, AdFS
Security: Multi-vendor Firewall Administration, NetScaler Administration, Confidential Administration, Certificate Creation/Installation/Revocation with Openssl, 802.1x, PKI, SEPM, Cylance, ProofPoint, Barracuda Spam Firewalls, CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault, Metasploit, Aircrack-ng, Wireshark, NMAP, Honeypot Deployment and Administration, Sophos Enterprise Console, SAML, PCI- DSSv3, SolarWinds Log and Event Manager
Hardware: Cisco ASA, Cisco Integrated Services Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Wireless Controllers, Cisco Meraki Products, Cisco Nexus Platform, Cisco UCS, Multi-vendor SANs, Multi-vendor servers, Multivendor switches, Checkpoint Smart-1 Appliances, Checkpoint NGSE Appliances, Citrix NetScaler
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000-2016, Windows 95-10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Cisco IOS/ASA, GAIA, i5 OS, Mac OSX, Android, Apple iOS
Virtualization: Confidential ESXi, Citrix Xenserver, Confidential Horizon View, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Confidential ThinApp, Confidential vMotion, Confidential Hyper-V, Various P2V applications, PHD Virtual Backup, Unitrends Virtual Backup, Virtualbox, EC2
Networking Concepts and Protocols: LACP/EtherChannel, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1w, VTP, CoS/QoS, SNMP v2&3, VRRP/HSRP, NAT/PAT, ACLs, EIGRPv3, OSPFv3, RIP v2, Policy Based Routing, Static Routing, L2L and Remote Access VPNs, DMZ, SPI, IP SLA, VoIP, IEEE 802.11, OpenVPN, Cisco FlexConnect, Cisco CAPWAP
Confidential, York, PA
Owner / Technology Consultant
- Gathers business requirements from clients and provides technology solutions in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Guarantees 99% SLA for all supported applications and services deemed critical by the customer.
- Designs and implements robust disaster recovery strategies for clients.
- Advises clients on all aspects of their information technology spending.
- Recommends, designs and implements new network and server infrastructure for clients.
- Migrated a client from on-site Exchange 2016 to Office 365.
- Designs, proposes, and implements remote access to LAN utilizing a variety of VPN technologies.
- Works with clients processing credit cards to become PCI-DSS compliant.
- Advise clients about the dangers of ransomware and implements various levels of protection.
- Routinely performs health checks of supported systems.
- Monitors network health and stability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and recommends cost effective solutions.
- End user support.
- Decreased telecommunications costs by 50% leveraging VPN's and cancelling MPLS circuits.
- Identified network hardware that was deprecated and replaced with new hardware.
- Implemented mobile web based work order management system for maintenance department to increase productivity and efficiency per man hour.
- Played a key role in migration from an antiquated ERP system to SAP.
- Directed the team during the implementation of a new payroll system.
Confidential, York, PA
Information Security Analyst
- Checkpoint Firewall Administration across 20+ offices nationwide.
- Identified security vulnerabilities and made recommendations for remediation.
- Confidential implementation utilizing Syslog-ng for a redundant syslog environment.
- Complex network troubleshooting involving multiple teams and technologies.
- Configured SecureAuth for multi-factor authentication to allow employees to work remotely.
- ProofPoint hosted administration.
- Cylance Administration.
- Checkpoint SmartEvent upgrade to SmartEvent NGSE.
- Incident response and analysis.
- Cisco Nexus Administration.
- Cisco Wireless Controller Administration.
- Cisco ASA Administration.
- Implemented SAML-based authentication with ADFS.
- Confidential Administration and new server provisioning.
- Supported a farm of Citrix XenApp 6.5 servers.
- Implemented Graylog2 for syslog archiving and analysis.
- Installed and configured Nagios for real-time monitoring of hosts, services, and applications.
- Administered an on premises Shoretel phone system.
- Implemented voice, guest, and DMZ VLANs.
- Upgraded virtual machine hosts.
- Virtualized remaining physical servers.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Performed PCI-DSS audits of managed hotels.
- Administered multi-vendor routers, switches, and firewalls for 130 managed hotels and 3 corporate offices.
- Implemented DMZ network in corporate data center to house a Clientless SSL VPN.
- Implemented IP SLA for a multi-million dollar hotel utilizing multiple WAN connections.
- Resolved infrastructure problems escalated by regional IT Managers.
- Created network diagrams of managed hotel networks.
Confidential, York, PA
Computer Systems Specialist
- Administered an enterprise class Confidential server cluster; specifically, a group of 100+ virtual desktop linked clones.
- Implemented and performed troubleshooting with L2L and Remote Access VPNs on a variety of Cisco hardware.
- Implemented and supported Cisco 7960 Series IP Phones.
- Created a customized Linux distribution for installation on deprecated PC's to be used as thin clients.
- Configured raspberry pi's to aid in the monitoring of remote fuel storage tanks.
- Played a key role in migration from Confidential Exchange to Google Apps.
- Administered Windows Active Directory Domain Controllers.
- Implemented KMS server for activation of corporate Windows operating systems and MS Office.