I am seeking a challenging and rewarding Systems/Network Engineer/Admin position that provides professional growth and enables me to bring enhancement to the efficiency of the organization.
- Master of Science in INFORMATION SYSTEM
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering
- Over 6+ Years of experience in Network Planning, Design, Implementation, Configuration, Trouble Shooting and maintaining Enterprise Networks by dealing with multiple vendor Routers, Catalyst Switches, Cisco Firewalls and Load Balancers in a Day-to-Day Schedule.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting various routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP, Spanning-tree, and OSI models.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts.
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MSTP.
- Good Knowledge in integration and configuration of Cisco based VPN networks
- Demonstrated high quality testing skills while certifying Cisco IOS for VPN
- Extensive experience taking copy of Cisco IOS on TFTP server and loading back on routers.
- Expert knowledge in implementing filters on Cisco routes using Standard and Extended access-list.
- Excellent in troubleshooting issues on NAT configuration and DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Vast experience in implementing various networking services including SNMP and Syslog
- In-depth knowledge and experience in WAN technologies including T1,T3, ISDN, HDLC, Point to Point, ATM and Frame Relay.
- Efficient in preparing technical documentation including change management
- Hands on experience in using various Network Monitoring and Packet Sniffing tools
- Excellent presentation skills. (Delivered presentation on money Transfer Application upload for Bank staffs).
- Excellent Human, Project and Resource Management skills. (Documented and participated in the implementation of the new data center of ECOBANK Nigeria
- A proactive self-starter, with attention to details.
- Excellent customer service skills (Worked at Ecobank network help desk, to record network downtime complaints from the Bank branches nationwide and resolve the issues).
- Good oral and communication skills
- Routing Protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- L2 Protocols: VTP, STP, RSTP, MSTP, PVST, ISL, 802.1q
- Switching: VLANs, Private VLANs, Ether-Channel(PAgP, LACP)
- WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, ATM, MPLS
- WLAN Technologies: Autonomous AP's, Lightweight AP's, WLC, WDS, Channels 802.11b/g
- Redundancy Protocols: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Cisco ACS server management: RADIUS, TACACS+, and Digital Signatures
- Servers: FTP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, Syslog, TFTP
- Documentation: MS office, MS Visio
- CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CISCO Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- CISCO Express Foundation for Systems Engineers (CS-CFEDS)
- CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Client: Confidential, Tustin, CA August 2010 - Till Date
Role: WAN Administrator (online Hands on Lab)
- Configuration of WAN Connections using Frame Relay
- Creating a Point-to-Point Frame Relay
- Creating a Multipoint Frame Relay
- Configuration of WAN Connections using PPP
- Securing PPP link with CHAP authentication
- Configuration of routing protocols such as RIP V1 &2, EIGRP and OSPF
- Configuration of ACL and NAT
- Configuration of VTP, STP and SVI
Client: Confidential Lagos, Nigeria Mar 2010 - Jul 2010
Role: VSAT Maintenance.
- Troubleshooting of Vsat network
- Configured and replacement of faulty Modem.
- Deployment of Wireless Internet for Corporate organizations
Client: Confidential, NIGERIA Jun 2008 - Feb 2010
Role: Network Support
- Worked with the data center planning groups, assisting with network capacity and high availability requirements.
- Reviewed all changes to network configuration for technical accuracy and impact Network problem resolutions.
- Routing related tasks included providing Cisco router configuration and change management, providing technical support for Cisco Router ,
- Designing and Setting up Security templates , which includes Configuring AAA server Security Features
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU's to support WAN links.
- Implemented traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard and Extended access-list.
- Worked on various switching technologies including Netflow and CEF with per-packet load sharing. Ether channel, port security, storm control broadcast. Etc
- Setting up Video-conferencing using Polycoms.
- Link Integration
- Installation of Bank Applications
- Such as Business Object (BO),Omni Scan and Flex cube
- Supported the Branches on network related issues
- Preparation of information for the contractors handling the relocation of old Data center to the new one such as Name of equipment's (routers, switches and servers), the locations and their IP addresses.
- Physical and Data link layer technologies: Structured cabling and installation of LAN across multiple Routers, Switches, and Patch panels using 10/100/1000 Mbps Cat 5/6 UTP cable.
- Assembling of system and maintenance
- Planning and implementation of LAN
- Desktop Support and Training
- Helpdesk support
Client: Confidential Lagos, Nigeria May 2006 - Jun 2008
Role: Network and Data communications Engineer
PROJECT - INSTALLATION OF LINKS FOR BANKS AND COOPERATE ORGANIZATIONS.
- Configuration of Clients for wireless and Dialup Internet
- Implementation and support for WAN,VPN, LAN
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of Routers, Switches and Other CISCO equipment
- Installation and Maintenance of radio links, bandwidth Management and other DTE and DCE equipment
- Network Monitoring & Maintenance
- Preparation of proper network cabling diagrams prior to installations and supervision of the LAN cabling contractor for compliance to industry standards for Ethernet.
- Prepared a step by step network troubleshooting guide for the VIM's (Venue Information Managers).
- High level support during the event.