Self-driven, motivated, interpersonal IT professional who focuses on quality results and strong relationship building. 8+ years of strong hands-on experience in developing and improving technology infrastructure systems operations. Assertive, effective communicator, strategy focused and people/team management skilled.
Cisco routers, switches and firewall, SolarWinds, Microsoft 2000/2003/2008 Enterprise,VoIP, Inter-tel Vodavi Phone Systems, DHCP, DNS, Remedy Ticket system, MAC, Unix, TCP/IP, VLANs, Exchange, Active Directory, Macintosh Repair, PC Repair, Printers, Citrix, VMware 5.
IT Infrastructure Manager 2011-2012
- Project management for infrastructure redesign. Including virtualization of physical servers to virtual. Implementation of MPLS network for Mid-Atlantic company's acquired by Wohlsen. Server and network management, software upgrades, Windows 7 deployment and Windows 2008 domain upgrades.
- Helped conduct major security overhaul and tie everything into Active Directory as well as network security and application securities.
- Virtualized 15 servers into VMware and upgraded systems to one standard of Windows. Consolidated servers and decommissioned servers that were wasteful on resources.
- Supported Help Desk in application support, end user support, Lotus Notes support, remote connectivity.
- Managed printers and print server development in remote offices and main offices.
- Inter-Tel Phone system support.
- Upgraded network infrastructure off of dated switches and Hubs to Cisco 3750, Cisco 2960s, 5510 Firewall and Wireless Controllers and APs. Deployed wireless solution across main office and remote sites (Cisco 871 routers). Worked with Cisco 2901 and 1841 Cisco Routers for remote offices and point to point solutions.
- Developed security solutions for minor and major threats to corporate data.
Confidential - Mechanicsburg, PA 2010-2011
Network Administrator III
- Managed and oversaw network environment with 250+ servers, with several satellite sites. Partnered with team and business in application deployment, change management, and disaster recovery plans. Implemented security platform for server hardening, network management and application security.
- Core team member of the VMware and Citrix deployment.
- Developed and managed policies and procedures for application deployments, security related issues and change control issues following the ITIL v3 standards. Guided roll-back procedures on server installs and upgrades in the event of system failure.
- Ensured all HIPAA standards are maintained for patient privacy. Focused on providing quality support to all end users and Executives ensuring increase business productivity and efficiency.
- Obtained Green IT certified in order to better utilize savings to the business in reducing electricity needs. Actively working on making the organization completely redundant while eliminating many single points of failure for the organization for 100% uptime.
Confidential - Coatesville, PA 2009-2010
IT Team Lead Consultant
- Managed the server environment, network security of 6 sites over nationwide LAN. This included point to point networks for all sites.
- Environment consisted of UNIX, Microsoft, and Apple servers. Managed purchases and updates on all servers. 150+ server environment that ran CAD products for helicopter development and deployment. Deployed all patches and updates on CATIA V4 and V5 applications.
- Directly supervised 3+ individuals on telephony services, network, and PC Support Team. Developed and implemented standards for IT Team to ensure increased business productivity. This allowed for better security, better work flow that was then passed onto the end users.
- Conducted proposals, purchases and maintained operational budget. Provided support to IT Director with budgeting planning. IT budget was in excess of 4 million dollars. Was able to reduce cost of purchases and installs by implementing different programs with multiple vendors.
- Managed UNIX, Windows 2000 Enterprise, 2003 Server Enterprise, Windows NT 4.0, and all Windows XP SP2 machines.
- Responsible for writing policies and instructional manual for end users accuracy.
- Stayed current with all TAR and FAA regulations related to IT. Helped keep the site highly secure.
- Active member of network security team. Consisted of reviewing all security flaws and closing any security holes. Devices included all printers, PCs, servers and switches.
- Ensures successful setup of all new sites. This included setting up point to point network, deployed PCs, cabling, Wi-Fi installs and any other site needed.
Confidential - Mechanicsburg, PA 2007-2009
- Served as the Call Center Anywhere Administrator. An Oracle VoIP product for running large scale call centers. 300+ agents and major clients in retail, government, and Fortune 1000 companies.
- Developed SOW and RFPs with Oracle on major upgrades and/or purchases. Directed the design testing, implementation, subsystem interface, operation and maintenance of Oracle software and servers. Incurred the skill-sets with troubleshooting network issues on large scale.
- Developed Disaster Recovery for CCA in Mechanicsburg office with redundant backup in Frisco, TX. Traveled between many sites for user support and upgrades. Co-managed Cisco Management Express VoIP and worked primarily with all upgrades.
- Active member on the Windows 2000/2003 Server patch management team which consisted of weekly meetings about security and patches to the servers.
- Worked in 164 server environment familiar with a large variety of products such as VMware ESX. Assigned to project manager of a large scale software upgrade and support of Disaster Recovery implementation for network, servers, and software applications. Also began process of developing a SAN for storage of all voice recordings.
- Direct Support of all servers in PA Office (92 servers) in a mixed Windows 2000/2003 environment. Maintained daily backup, hardware upgrades, patches, MOM, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco 4100. Repaired Desktops, Laptops, and wireless network.
- Focused on efficient and timely ticket resolution to meet high customer service for managers and end users satisfaction. User Support through Remedy Ticket system of 300+ end users locally and nationally.
Confidential - Lancaster, PA 2002-2006
- Supervised, planned and coordinated the activities and operations of the Information System on site and remote site in a mixed environment of PCs (UNIX and Microsoft) and MACs. Provided oral and written reports and proposals for the network.
- Managed network purchases, sales setup and configuration of current network. Developed skills in Exchange and Windows NT, and web page design. Managed all user accounts, security settings, firewall installation (Watchguard), and help desk when needed. Worked with extensively with DHCP, DNS, GPOs, Active Directory, remote access, SQL, some JavaVM, and remote connection via Procomm. Managed UNIX, Windows 2000 Enterprise, 2003 Server Enterprise, Windows NT 4.0, and all Windows XP SP2 machines. Established VLAN and VoIP and managed the traffic flow of the data and adapted VLANs for the VoIP and the administrator for Cisco Wireless.
- Developed IT strategy for new health center (Bright Side Health Center) and lead all IT in both branches. Manager responsible for supervising technical staff, training and on-site software design to meet the needs of the health center. Acquired strong people management skills while partnering with technology to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Coordinated purchases made for IT department including software and hardware, worked with vendors such as Inter-Tel, Cisco, and Microsoft. Managed the IT department budget for 4 consistent years; accounting for risk management, remediation actions, and contingency planning.
BA in Information Technology
ASB in Specialized Business
Network Management, IT Infrastructure, Business and Business Practices (ITIL)