OBJECTIVE: To obtain a job in the Electrical or Computer Engineering field which would put my technical and communication skills to use.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Industrial Electronics)
- Programming Languages: C, C++, MATLAB.
- Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Exchange server 2007, Windows 9X/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista, DOS, Linux (Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu), Macintosh, VMware ESXi Server 3.0 and 3.5.
- Network Protocols – TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, POP, IMAP.
- Network Security – Firewalls, IPSec, VPN and SSL.
- Wireless: GSM, WiMAX, CDMA.
- Softwares : MS Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, IBM Lotus Notes, Cacti(Network Management), Tunnelier, Putty, Network performance Monitoring Systems, OTRS service support system, HP Web Jet Admin, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, PageMaker, FileMaker Pro, Enterprise Management System.
- Microcontroller/Microprocessor : 8085, 8086, 8051 and IXP24XX
- Simulation Tools : Qualnet Developer, OPNET IT GURU, OPNET Modelar, Cadence
Confidential,Los Angeles. Jr. Network Engineer Intern (January 2009 – July 2009)
- Configuring and administering Windows 2008, Exchange 2007, Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS 5.2/5.3).
- Built and Deployed Exchange 2007 for Hosted Messaging & Collaboration.
- MS Office Communications Server 2007 and exchange 2007. Provide support to MS Outlook Web Access, Unified Messaging and MS Office Communicator.
- Cisco switches, router and load balancer administration and maintenance.
- Configured Cisco Switches (catalyst 3500 series), Routers, Firewall and monitored network performance (Cacti).
- IP Routing protocols BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Supported VMware ESXi 3.0/3.5 server environment.
- LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP/VPN/Network Security, Cabling and racking.
- Implemented and maintained internal DNS, DHCP, FTP and WINS network services.
- Back up data center data using Symantec Backup Systems and Norton Ghost.
- Basic scripting in ASP and Perl.
Confidential,Long Beach, Network Engineer Student (September 2007- December 2008) (August 2009 – Present)
- Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Environment.
- Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Provided functional , troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, including desktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems.
- Configured, managed and deployed group policies.
- Installed and maintained software through group polices.
- Configured, managed File server, Printer server on the network.
- Configured and managed domains on Windows 2003/2008 platforms.
- Planned, implemented and maintained critical network infrastructure services (i.e. WINS, DNS and DHCP).
- Monitored and troubleshot LAN, installed and configured routers, hubs and switches, and generated weekly reports.
- Produced backup software for distribution and maintenance all computers and peripherals.
Confidential,Technical Support Executive (October 2006 – July 2007)
- Worked with the team and successfully developed outsourced business with British companies.
- Review, analyze and support network systems, hardware and software for 500 employee firm.
- Troubleshooting pertaining to Performance, Network Administration, Application Conflicts and system Bugs.
- Collaborated with senior network administrator to manage and maintain Active Directory on Windows 2003.
- Managed, monitored & maintained Windows 2003 servers & workstations.
- Managed and maintained external DNS servers for internet name resolution of hosted domains.
- Awarded best team member for the month of January 2007.
Communication and Networking Projects & knowledge
- Designed and simulated two networks to evaluate the quality of video in a WiMAX network using Qualnet.
- Compared different handover schemes in a wimax network.
- Analyzed the signaling introduced by the IEEE802.16e standard for mobility in WiMAX systems.
- Designed a simulation study to compare performance of a network under IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards.
- Compared the performance of different protocols in a Adhoc network.
- Knowledge of protocols SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, FTP and HTTP.
- TCP/IP and IP routing fundamentals which include RIP/OSPF/EIGRP routing protocols.
- Simulated and Implemented CDMA modem based upon the cdma2000 standard.
- Analyzed various error correcting codes such as Convolution Code, Turbo Code and Viterbi Decoder etc.
- Successfully simulated and implemented rake receiver to achieve efficient signal reception in CDMA environment.
- Implemented the local memory as a cache in a IXP2400 network processor to achieve better throughput.
- Studied and compared different memories in a IXP 2400 network processor.
- Analyzed and studied the working of remote controlled application using an existing telephone network.
- Successfully achieved interfacing of Microcontroller, DTMF receiver and switching unit.
- Analyzed the working of GSM being deployed by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, India’s Largest Telecom Service Provider. Worked on project to increase the range of a GSM antenna.
- Used Simulation Tool Cadence to simulate different circuits.
- Worked on Virtuoso platform, schematic entry, behavioral modeling, circuit simulation, full custom layout, physical verification, extraction and standard-cell designs.
- Achieved the desired results with optimum accuracy.
- Studied ASIC design. Simulated and implemented counter and comparator using Xilinx on Spartan 3rd generation kit.
- Created Layout, schematic, Extraction and Simulation of Inverter, Op-amp using Cadence software.