IT/Network Operations/ Pubications Manager with over 17 years of experience in network center operations and customer service for telecommunications leader; recipient of multiple awards for Excellence in Leadership. Broadbased background includes experience in data communications, network support, and Help Desk environment. Strong analytical skills, with testing and resolution on multiple network levels. Highly motivated professional who is client-focused and detail-oriented, and effective at managing mutiple projects simultaneously in achieving specified targets.Hands-on Manager with very high technical abilities.Very analytical dealing with data as well as constuction of internal and external presentations/ documentation and technical writing.
Additional Strengths Include:
♦ Fault Locating
♦ Root Cause Analysis
♦ Team Building
♦ Technical Writing
♦ Network Design
♦ Process Improvement
♦ Vendor Management
♦ Project Management
♦ Remote Testing
♦ Technical Training
♦ Network Infrastucture
Developed and implemented cost-effective in-house training laboratory. Established course modules and provided weekly training to all technicians that signed up for any of 40 courses offered. As part of this initiative I was personally responsible to train technicians in digital and SONET system and equipment test and turn-up, design, and maintenance of all services.
Network Infrastructures Design and Implementation Personally responsible for the design, test, and turn-up of Official Company Services Network consisting of DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, and a variety of other services used for all Inter-Company communications, currently being utilized for Long Distance Services.
Implemented trouble reporting system, allowing customers’ ability to report all outages via web-based graphical user interface that directly linked to Verizon’s ticketing and auto-test system.
Trouble Resolution well versed in testing and resolving all internal as well as external system outages. Expert-level expertise in fault location and resolution all troubles as well as service degradation.
Freelance Technical Consulting Tampa, FL 2008-Present
- Confidential,Performed cell site walkthoughs for facility migrations and new service delivery. Travelled throughout Northeast US visiting sites with carrier engineers to determine capacity and equipment reuirements for new services.
- Telecommunications equipment Subject Matter Expert. Performed command verification for use by IT team building scripts for new provisioning system roll-out. Equipment expertise on all vendors currently in the marketplace, inclusive of SONET as well as DACS. Provided highly technical documentation regarding equipment and service installation from turn-up to acceptance as well as facility migrations. This was all used by automated systems.
- Confidential,Wrote and distributed multiple PERL scripts for a private company used primarily for 4 major telecommunications facility optimization projects. This was inclusive of all infrastucture redesigns to optimize their internal and external networks.
Confidential, Tampa, FL 1990 – 2008
- Oversaw installation and repair of all special access services for four Verizon Wholesale customers that included Qwest, TelePacific, Time Warner, and Level 3 Communications; representing estimated total annual sales of up to $120M. Tracked daily/weekly/monthly results to ensure corporate targets were met in both on-time delivery and timely maintenance follow-up, including 24x7 escalations and assistance in resolution of all maintenance issues & outages. Worked side-by side with all technicians in test and turn-up of all services, inclusive of digital, SONET, etc…
- Managed provisioning and maintenance of all special access services for 4 top tier customers, including Qwest Time Warner TelePacific, and Level 3 Communications; representing estimated total annual sales of up to $150M. Provided 24x7support for all service issues regarding maintenance and provisioning of special access services. Technical support functionalities for extended outages.
Network Operations Manager / Technical Publications Manager 1998-2000
- Managed 2 remote centers, located in NJ and Washington DC. Fully accountable for newly built network consisting of 8 Nortel SONET rings and 2 Nortel DMS switches, with oversight of all time reporting, vacation scheduling, overtime, budgeting, 24x7 coverage, and quality of technician’s installation and testing. Hands-on manager involved with all steps of design and testing of all services. Worked with other engineers to design all network infrastructures.
Network Operations Center/ Field Technician 1990-1998
- Installed and maintained all equipment utilized for remote alarm reporting on all switching and transport equipment in approximately 30 central office locations; this included remote alarm receipt as well as troubleshooting and provisioning. Constructed technical training documents for use by all technicians that included troubleshooting techniques. Well qualified in monitoring, testing and resolution of both switching network as well as transport network throughout the region.
CONTINUING EDUCATION and TRAINING
B.S. in Business Managerment
AA in Electronics
ATM, SONET System Acrhitecture, Alcatel/Lucent DCS, and HP-Unix, SS7 signalling.
Windows 98/XP/NT/Vista, Microsoft Office 2003/2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Frame-maker, Illustrator, TL1, PERL, V-lookup, pre-order (ASR/ LSR), installation, maintenance, remote monitoring, network infrastructure & optimization, facility design / architecture, VOIP configuration, SS7 switching, digital and analog circuit testing, both on-site and remote testing. Well-versed in all technologies inclusive of SONET, Digital cross-connects, ATM, IP Networks, etc…