Senior Systems Engineer
Unix Administrator / Network Administrator / Infrastructure Engineer
Solutions-oriented IT Professional with proven success designing, implementing, and integrating cost-effective, high-performance technical solutions to meet challenging business needs.
- Solid knowledge of Unix administration and support in AIX, Solaris, Linux environments with over 15 years experience.
- Proven expertise in supporting and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy users through analysis and problem resolution. Recognized as the "go-to-person" for immediate resolution of technical issues.
- Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and detail orientation, able to plan and oversee projects from conception to successful conclusions.
- Outstanding communication skills; interfaces effectively with upper management, vendors staff, peers and users.
- Strong technical background with a solid history of delivering outstanding customer service. Genuine commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
IBM Certified Specialist AIX System Administration
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert AIX/RS6000
- Systems: AIX, Solaris, Linux, Windows 2003/XP Professional, VMware Infrastructure 3.5
- Hardware: IBM pSeries/PowerPC, Sun Servers, HP Servers, Dell Servers, Cisco Routers/Switches,
Windows Workstations and Laptops, Proofpoint, Voltage, Packeteer, Websense
- Software: HP Quality Center, Remedy, sendmail, DNS, DHCP, Apache, Samba, Bigfix, ePO Orchestrator, ksh, sh, Perl, awk, sed
- Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, BOOTP, SSH, SMTP, POP, FTP, WINS, NFS, Ethernet.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA April 2010 to Dec 2010
Unassigned Infrastructure Reduction Program (UIRP). Identified and assigned over 7 petabytes of EMC and Tivoli storage to various departments valued at over $2,000,000 per month. Installed ECC agents on over 3,500 AIX, Linux, Solaris and WinTel servers. Programmed shell and perl scripts. Collaborate with Confidential and vendor employees to ensure that all storage is accurately billed. Write scripts as an interface between various databases and work streams.
Excel data modeling and analysis. Develop and maintain complex agent inventory tracking system.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA May 2009 to March 2010
Assigned to Confidential account as a member of the Storage Team. Assist with the transition of the storage infrastructure environment to IBM. Other assignments include deploying ECC agents to servers for the Unassigned Infrastructure Reduction Program, provide input and coordination of the QMX documentation database, EMC ECC and StorageScope products, Remedy Queue Management team and other duties as required to ensure a successful transition and a stable daily operation of the environment.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA June 2008 to May 2009
SENIOR LINUX QA ENGINEER
Perform Quality Assurance testing and certification of Operating Systems, tools, and applications. Perform QA testing of Confidential Email infrastructure including
SMTP, LDAP, Proofpoint and Voltage servers. Testing of operating system builds including AIX,
Linux, Solaris, and Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 servers. Perform QA testing of various tools and applications. Use of Remedy and HP Quality Center as testing backbone.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA July 1999 to June 2008
INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
Duties include Unix systems administration (AIX, Linux, Solaris). Named Unix Subject Matter Expert for Varian North America. Administrator for an IBM DS4400 SAN with 14
IBM AIX hosts. LAN administration (Cisco), email administrator, and desktop support
for over 600 local and remote users. Accomplishments include upgrading existing LAN. Built new mail servers and converted our business unit to a new corporate domain
name. Built and maintained BIND (DNS), sendmail, SAMBA, DHCP, Apache, and various other servers. Programming as required using Perl, ksh, sh, awk, sed, procmail and other languages. Team Lead for the IT Operations group.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA April 1998 to July 1999
UNIX PERFORMANCE ANALYST
Provided performance analysis, tuning, and system administration services on RS6000\'s for a Performance and Scalability team. Hardware included over 15 H50\'s and several S70\'s. Wrote Perl and shell scripts as required. Installed and tuned various layered products including DNS, Netscape LDAP Server and others.
Confidential, Oakland CA April 1997 to April 1998
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Support and develop computing infrastructure systems and applications including e-mail, internet firewall, intranet/internet web sites, DNS, and LAN. Provide hardware and software support for PC\'s and risc platforms. Operating systems include IBM AIX, Solaris, SCO Unix, Digital OSF, Sun OS, Windows NT, Windows 95, and Cisco IOS. Provide technical guidance and support for in-house developers and customers worldwide.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA July 1994 to July 1997
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Systems Administrator for Digital platforms, Internet software infrastructure and customapplications for the Northern California region. Supported platforms included Alpha, VAX, SiliconGraphics, Sun, and various PC\'s. OS support andadministration for OpenVMS, Digital OSF, IRIX, Solaris,SCO Unix, Windows 95 and Windows NT. Customapplications support for the worlds largest automatedlab system, several Voice Response systems, andcorporate e-mail hub. Responsible for installation andtechnical support of the regional Internet Firewallsand Internet Tunnels (Alta VIsta). Web Master
responsibilities included development and technical support of several websites including Confidential\'s National and California websites using Netscape Publisher and Community Server. Installed and supported Usenet News and provide DNS support.