Proven experience in network communications, system availability, technical sales and hardware procurement in a client-server environment.
Manager with demonstrable talents at administering complex projects, managing available resources, building consensus, and providing leadership and clear direction for all members of the project team.
Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire, train and develop highly productive, knowledgeable and responsive staff.
An excellent communicator able to work effectively with a variety of people in diverse organizations.
PC and Server Hardware: IBM, Acer, HP/Compaq, Dell, Apple
Software: MS Windows Server, MS Windows, MS Office, Symantec Anti-Virus, MacAfee Novell Netware Client Services, Artisoft Lantastic Peer to Peer LAN System and Citrix MetaFrame Virtual Machine (VM)
Large Scale OS/MVS Multi-Processor, AS/400 and ACF/VTAM Network Environments
LAN/WAN: Ethernet and Token Ring Topology, Installation, Operation, Troubleshooting
Network back-up: Computer Associates ArcServe and Veritas Backup Exec products
Disaster Recovery: RAID and Fault Tolerant Systems Point of Sale (POS) and Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Systems
Analog and Digital Transmission Methods Network Hubs and Switches: 3COM, HP, Dell and Linksys
Routers: Cisco and 3COM
Accelerated response times for Request for Information (RFI) and Equipment Quote Requests (EQR) from 14 days to 24 hours.
Implemented stronger inventory controls (JIT) that reduced carrying costs by 90% a year.
Restructured and consolidated tasks and workflow to achieve corporate reduction imperatives.
Negotiated significant vendor discounts which translated to an annual savings of 4% on cost of goods.
Maintained consistent record of on-time deliverables to clients.
- Project Management
- Technology Planning
- Client Needs Assessment
- Budget Development
- Client Support
- Cost/Benefit (ROI) Analysis
- Resource Allocation
- Vendor Coordination
- Market Intelligence
- System Implementation
- Technical Documentation
Confidential; Encino, CA
Provided technical system installation of InvoTech Systems product lines; the Garment Inventory Management System (GIMS) and the Security Automated Management System (SAMS) at client location. Trained onsite client staff on the operation of the installed applications.
Independent PC Support Consultant; West Hills, CA
PC Support, Real Estate Systems
Provided technical consulting responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing solutions for office automation for real estate agents. Performed the installation of PC software, hardware and communications; supporting Multiple Listing Services (MLS) real estate database application.
Confidential; Woodland Hills, CA
Manager, Procurement and Product Distribution (1998-2004)
Technical pre-sales consultant responsible for determining external client needs and specifying system configuration based on new and existing hardware to support OAO applications and provide effective response to clients\' Request for Information (RFI).
- Gathered requirements, obtained competitive quotes and processed requests to meet set timelines and/or replenish inventory.
- Sourced and procured hardware and software; negotiated volume discounts, maintenance agreements, terms and pricing to reduce cost.
- Established workflow efficiencies to provide status updates on pending quotes, orders and delivery schedules.
- Developed corporate strategic partnership with key vendors.
- Created and managed domestic and international technology vendor contacts.
- Evaluated and measured vendor performance relative to delivery, pricing, available inventory and product knowledge.
- Asset Management.
Senior Network Analyst (1996-1998)
- Coordinated all data communications and hardware functions for clients.
- Analyzed user needs and requirements to determine feasibility, project scope, timelines and cost/benefit of automating manual tasks.
- Developed and maintained hardware and software standards for the company.
- Installed local area network systems and client server hardware.
- Worked closely with management team to encourage the productive and efficient use of data processing/telecommunication systems capabilities.
- Prepared user guides, program documentation and other system-related materials.
- Performed cost/benefit analysis to justify increase in data processing and capital/human resource investments for company and/or clients.
- Maintained current awareness of the latest as well as emerging technology and trends in the data processing/telecommunication industries to provide senior management with strategic planning information.
1993-1995 Confidential; Santa Monica, CA
Network and PC Support Coordinator - ATM, Computer and Branch systems