MS in Telecommunications
Bachelor of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
SOFTWARE, HARDWARE and NETWORKING SKILLS
Software/Network Testing, Design and Simulation Tools: LoadRunner, OPNET, Ethereal, Tcpdump, MaXPlan, ProScout
Technologies and Protocols: TCP/IP, Routing protocols, GSM, CDMA – IS95, CDMA2000, EV-DO, Wi-Fi, OFDM.
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, Linux, Unix, Win 9x – XP, 2003 Server & Mac OS X
Applications: IBM Netcool Omnibus, Impact, Webtop; Nerve center; Augur socketstation
Database: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL
Configuration Management/Build: CVS, Bugzilla, Make, Ant, Automake, Autoconf
Other: Google Analytics, Google AdWords
Network Engineer / Technical Marketing Engineer
Confidential, Jan 2011-Present
- Drive lead generation programs including web site, email, online events, SEO, and other advertising strategies.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis to develop product marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering, and product management to define messaging for solution target markets.
- Identify use cases from the field by interfacing with customers, pre-sales, product support and develop recommendations for engineering to build new features.
- Develop marketing communication for leading industry analysts (Gartner, Forrester, EMA) to build positive perceptions of products.
- Develop sales and marketing collateral, brochures, white papers, spec sheets, web content, press releases, case studies, articles, tradeshow materials, etc.
Confidential, July 2008 – Jan 2011
- Provided primary application support for Sprint Nextel’s fault management system (FCAPS). Responsible for implementation, installation, configuration, troubleshootingof IBM Netcool Omnibus, Impact, Webtop, OpenService Nervecenter, Augur socketstation.
- Configured, managed, and maintained more than 6 different types of IBM probes such as Mttrapd, Syslog, Nortel CEMS, CNM, CBM, GlenayreVMS, MotorolaOMCR.
- Developed, tested, and deployed Netcool probe and Impact rules in IBM Tivoli’s proprietary object-oriented programming language for alarm development, modification, and correlation.
- Performed user acceptance testing (UAT) and debugged issues in application code.
- Developed maintenance tools in Perl and Shell.
- Led critical “high availability” application migration project, including planning, implementation and testing.
- Managed weekly maintenance of Netcool servers and probes as well as deployment of software updates.
- Managed transition of “Nervecenter” application ownership to the FCAPS team. Liaisoned with other teams (previous application owners and associated teams) to integrate application and processes with FCAPS applications and systems. Ensured smooth knowledge transfer by developing detailed technical documentation and training team members.
Student Information System Aug 2009-Dec 2009
- Confidential,Developed student information system for storing, querying and reporting student information in Java using Eclipse IDE.
Research on Wireless Ad-hoc Networks
Confidential, August 2007 – April 2008
- Conducted study involving comparison of routing protocols for a wireless ad-hoc network with OPNET Modeler.
- Developed OLSR routing protocol modules in OPNET Modeler by modifying OPNET source code.
Confidential, February 2007 – June 2007
- Maintained the department website for the Jewish Studies Center and designed website for a new program, the Gildenhorn Institute of Israel Studies. Used technologies such as memcached to improve performance of data retrieval of new and existing website.
- Maintained department’s computer system with close to hundred Windows, Mac, Linux hosts, several servers, switches, firewalls and routing equipment. Performed troubleshooting and maintenance of computer hardware, network hardware and application programs.
- Involved in developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and branding strategies for promoting the new program, the Gildenhorn Institute of Israel Studies. Managed events and designed publicity material for event promotion.
Network Design and Simulation in OPNET Modeler
Telecommunications Department, University of Maryland – College Park, MD Feb 2007 – April 2007
- Designed and modeled an enterprise network for an organization spread across 30 locations worldwide. The project involved designing a network, developing technical specs, simulating network model using OPNET and iteratively improving network design through regression testing. The network was designed based on the hierarchical design model consisting of core, distribution and access layers and conformed to design goals of availability, scalability and security.
PCS System Deployment
Confidential,College Park, MD Sep 2006 - Dec 2006
- Adjusted base station locations, height, power output to achieve favorable coverage patterns for Washington D.C. and College Park areas using MaXPlan.
- Designed a frequency plan using Block C frequencies for the network to minimize co-channel and adjacent interference.
- Calculated and eliminated microwave interference with Poseidon.
Packet analysis with Ethereal Sep 2006 - Jan 2007
- Analyzed packets to study and compare protocols in the TCP/IP suite using Ethereal.
- Developed a basic OS fingerprinting methodology (client and server side) based on ordering and presence of TCP options.
- Studied the inner workings of IDS technologies using open source Snort and packet filtering firewall technologies using iptables.
- Presented OS findings from above studies in network technology graduate level class. My presentation was picked in the top three best packet analysis case studies in the class.
Associate Business Analyst
Confidential, July 2005-January 2006
- Responsible for design and implementation of Enterprise Incentive Management (EIM) solutions.
- Served as primary technical liaison between development team and client.
- Managed integrated project teams to successfully develop solutions for customers.
- Managed work break down structures, cost break down structures and performed resource allocation with tight time and budget constraints.
- Documented and controlled EIM solution process flow and deliverable documentation.
Product Management Associate
Confidential,INDIA April 2004-June 2005
- Involved in all aspects of product life cycle, from design and development to vendor relations, product marketing and sales.
- Defined product strategy, value proposition, and competitive positioning.
- Prospected and developed up-sell/cross-sell/new business opportunities in named accounts.
- Interfaced with vendors to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Trained sales on go-to-market strategy, product positioning, and target customers.
- Developed various marketing collaterals.
Business Development Specialist
Confidential,INDIA. Nov 2003-March 2004
- As part of a core team of international business developers, researched new business opportunities to expand client base in African and Asian telecom markets.
- Studied and understood market potential of various telecom services in the African and Asian regions. Inferences from study led to creation of successful business development plans.
- Executed business development plans by establishing business relationships with key personnel from companies to understand their technical and business goals. These relationships materialized into highly profitable contracts with leading telecommunication service providers in Africa and Asia.