- High Performing, Strategic - thinking professional with around 6+ years of IT experience in different areas like continuous integration and continuous delivery, configuration, Automation, Deployment and Maintenance.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and also in Agile / Scrum Methodologies.
- Experience in design and implementation of VMware vSphere and VMware VCenter management based solutions.
- Experience with Patch Management of ESXI Hosts using VMware Update Manager. Extensive experience in working with VMotion .
- Experienced in using VMware Converter for migrating Physical servers to Virtual Servers.
- Implemented CI/CD by automation scripts in a pipeline process.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, and good working knowledge on source code repository management tools like GIT, SVN.
- Experience with GitHub repository and integrated it with Continuous integration tool.
- Exposure with Bamboo Continuous Integration server.
- Expertise with Jenkins in implementing automated release management of Software Application and used to create Auto-Deliver Pipeline.
- Setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell and Batch Scripts.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining for Continuous integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline using Groovy for End-to-End automation of build, test and deployments.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts to artifactory.
- Good practical knowledge with Build tool MSbuild and able to use N-unit test cases to test the code.
- Involved with different phases like Plan, deploy, monitor and maintain in Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Served as AWS Engineer for Applications located in AWS including S3 , VPC , EC2 , ELB , and Auto scaling , with Cloud-watch metrics integration.
- Experience with cloud services like Iaas, Paas, and Saas .
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration. Also gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Experience in using maintaining Docker Containers using Docker Swarm.
- Created Ansible Playbooks for automation deployment to different environments.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Wrote Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, Tomcat servers, Nginx and other applications for different environments.
- Expertise in creating puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Querying RDBMS such as MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in helping the UNIX and Splunk administrators to deploy Splunk across the UNIX and Windows environment.
- Provided administration and maintenance of production servers for running RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu , Windows Server
- Expertise in detecting network outages and protocol failures by using Nagios monitoring system experience in configuring other monitoring tools like Splunk, Zabbix.
- Expertise in application monitoring using ElasticSearch, Log Stash and Kibana.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades in a large environment.
- Experience in UNIX and Linux subject matter as Manage, Install patches and other software packages.
- Highly Motivated and enthusiastic and a quick learner to learn new thing with other and myself.
Operating Systems: Ubuntu 10, 12, 14,15.x,16.xRHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Centos 5, 6, 7, Solaris 9, 10 SUSE 10,11
Build and Versioning Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, SVN, GitHub, Bit bucket.
CI/CD: Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city, Docker
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Cloud Computing: AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC, RDS).
Servers: Amazon AWS, Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic
Database: MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
Monitoring: Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK.
Scripting Tools: Shell script, Python, Ruby.
Virtualization tools: VMWare, V-sphere, VCenter, Virtual Box, Xen servers.
Networking tools: HTTP, SSH, DNS, VLAN, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, FIREWALL, FTP, POP, SMTP.
Confidential, Cupertino CA
Dev Ops Engineer
- Worked on Dev-ops and agile methodology (Code review, unit test, Build& Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management) including various tools.
- Participated in weekly defect review and Sprint meetings.
- Deployed Java/J2EEapplications to Application servers using continuous integration and delivery environment.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Used bug tracking tool JIRA to manage and track all the bugs by creating bug tickets.
- Configured JIRA to pull reports from dashboard.
- Implementing a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, JFrog, Ansible, and Docker in different environments.
- Configuration of Jenkins using Shell Scripts for Automation build and deployment Process.
- Written Groovy syntax to integrate Code to SonarQube for source code analysis, to find bugs and for quality test.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component projects with JFrog artifactory and scheduled jobs in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Setup post build actions like archive the artifacts, sending email notifications and parsed console output by using different plugins.
- Worked with JFrog artifactory to archive the artifacts like JAR, WAR, EAR files.
- Wrote cloud formation scripts to deploy S3 SNS Lambda to trigger Step Functions state machine when an object is created in S3 bucket.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE with Shell Scripts for build and deployment into different Environment.
- Wrote deployment recipes for infrastructure management (Terraform).
- Built a SAAS product using server less architecture (Lambda, API Gateway, and Dynamo DB).
- Automated whole pipeline with automation scripts to build Docker images and archive into Docker Private Registry and deployed it into Docker Swarm Cluster.
- Virtualized the application servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs and also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Worked on various Docker components like Docker Engine, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Designed micro services deployment using Docker.
- Created custom Dockerfile or Docker-compose files for running single or multi-containers to configure application’s services to build Docker Images with tag’s and pushing to private registry.
- Involved in deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment with clustering tool Docker Swarm.
- Created a swarm Clustering deploy application services to a swarm by assigning task to all nodes, manage swarm behavior by replicating services (or) Scale up the services or task with the help of internal Load balancing to distribute request among all cluster nodes by Docker Manger based upon the DNS name of services.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks for Installation and configuration of NoSQL MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual Machines.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Developed infrastructure with automation and configured management with Ansible used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Experienced with the Ansible in a team environment by assertive, detail-oriented, meets deadlines, takes initiative, able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with Shell,
- Scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Experience with patching of Linux servers and hardening of servers using native and third party tools.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks with pythonSSH as the wrapper to manage configurations of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Implemented Amazon IAM to grant fine access of AWS resources by policies to users and groups as per requirement.
- Wrote AWS Cloud formation templates to create customized VPC, subnets, Route tables, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications.
- Created secured cloud infrastructure using VPC for staging and development environment on AWS .
- Involved in creating highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various Amazon services like EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloud Watch .
- Implemented, maintained, monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers such as EC2 and storage such as S3 buckets using AWS Cloud Watch .
- Developed LAMP stack whole setup in Amazon Cloud with in EC2 instance, MySQL instance.
- Involved in provisioning AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application and sync contents creating entry for AWS S3 SYNC in crontab.
- Configure CNAME to Route 53 to Elastic Load Balancer for High availability applications.
- Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting and Tuning Apache and Tomcat web server.
- Creation of SSL and Digital Certificates for requesting, generating and implementation for the communication between clients and web servers.
- Experience in deploy applications by using WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat Application Server.
- Involved in Installation, configuration, deployment, security and management of Enterprise Applications on AIX, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experience in Monitoring with Nagios to monitor health checks of applications and servers.
- Created and scheduled Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removed unnecessary files.
- Worked on Red Hat , Ubuntu, CentOS, and Windows environments .
- Experience in Installing Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, system Performance tuning on Unix/ Linux systems Installation and troubleshooting.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts using commands like awk, sed, tcsh, bash to automate jobs.
Dev Ops Engineer
- Added multiple nodes to enterprise Puppet master and managed all the Puppet agents
- Maintained and managed Puppet modules responsible for deploying other cloud tools.
- Created a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules
- Created puppet modules to provision Apache webservers, Tomcat servers, MySQL database servers, SSH server on different distributions, module for mounting a disk on to the agent by using mount resource type and downloaded.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline using Git, Jenkins and Docker.
- Deployed microservices using Docker and managed Docker containers using kubernetes.
- Used Puppet Hiera to separate site-specific data out from puppet manifests for easier re-use for different modules and used for configuring and also used to publish modules in community puppet forge without worries.
- Wrote test cases for Puppet manifests that are especially useful to catch bugs.
- Used rspec-puppet tool to verify Puppet manifests.
- Deployed M-collective for orchestration. Wrote custom M-collective plugins to deal specifically with our needs.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers with Puppet .
- Experience in Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, and NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and print servers.
- Migrated VMWARE VMs to AWS and Managed Services like EC2, S3 Bucket
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning and tagging.
- Enabling VPC peering between two VPC's in the same AWS environment.
- Experience in Administering GIT / GitHub in Distributed Environments.
- Experienced with Building the project and troubleshooting and bug-fixing.
- Scripting in multiple languages on Linux, Shell and python.
- Pipeline the jobs in Jenkins for Continuous Integration, Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the Build release role at the time of deploying the JAR and WAR package in JBoss Admin Console.
- Expertise in Performance Monitoring and Performance Tuning using Top, SAR, VMSTAT, PS, IOSTAT etc.
- Responsible for production issues and need to maintain rollbacks or backups to make revert back the production server without any down-time error and also need to troubleshoot the server and need to resolve the issue and make the server worked with new versioned application.
- Developed shell scripts to automate the system management functions and system backup and make sure that back-ups are taken periodically.
- Installation and configuration of PostgreSQL database on RedHat and Debian Servers.
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases within the organization.
- Provided Zabbix administrative support to all aspect of system monitoring requirements.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Even able to solve complicated problem with creative and logical solutions
- Involved in migration activities of Java scripts and Database scripts from Oracle, MS SQL Server and MYSQL into different environments like Development, QA, UAT and Production on RHEL Infrastructure.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Build Release / Dev Ops Engineer
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing SCM and identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Worked with Proposed and implemented for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans. Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Provided source code management support on improving Software defect tracking system and code inspection tool.
- Installed and administered Jenkins CI server for continuous Build of java projects.
- Overseeing the continuous build, integration & testing for Java related code running on Jenkins (Unit, Integration & System Level Tests).
- Ensured the success of automation with Continuous integration tool Jenkins for build and testing products on several Linux machines by maintaining automation test scripts and configuration file.
- Transformed the manual release procedure for Android product to automation build on Hudson by working with multiple functional teams provided test and user guideline.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking System and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the Jira bug/issue tracker
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Implementation of log management tool log stash for sorting, processing and managing all kinds of logs from several hundreds of servers.
- Monitored package versions, temp and variable directory sizes, bash versions, processors using monitoring and reporting tool across several Linux and windows systems in the organization.
- Resolving critical system issues basis, including notification, coordination and dispatch of individuals from various functional groups within the organization.
- Working closely with managers and operations engineers to ensure the success of daily operations.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Created and modified application related objects, created Profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Responsible for setting up CRON jobs scripts on production servers.
- Installed and configured SAMBA server for Windows and Linux connectivity.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using bash for day-to- day administration.
- Modified Kernel parameters to improve the server performance in Linux.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Installed and configured Apache / Tomcat web server.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, CENTOS 5.x.
- Coordinating with 24 x 7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issues on Linux Servers.
- Maintained proper documentation of all the activities carried out during the project.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Installed and configured VNC server/ Confidential .