- Over 8 years of IT experience and in - depth knowledge of Application Packaging in accordance with industry best practices and client specifications. Experienced in all stages of the SDLC functions - Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Deployment and Implementation in domains like Financial, Insurance etc. Ability to work collectively and independently with other team members as necessary to quickly and effectively resolve technical issues and provide timely status and progress reporting to customers.
- Worked extensively with AdminStudio to repackage applications for Windows Installer and used Install Shield to build and edit MSI installations.
- Experience in creating and working on MST (Transforms), MSP (Patches) and MSM (Merge Modules).
- Experience in virtualization of applications using Microsoft App-v 5.1 and VMware Thinapp.
- Experience in using Power-shell App Deployment Tool kit and Wise Templates to deploy packages from SCCM (as Wrapper)
- Experience in SCCM for advertising, Creating Collections (User & Machine based) and deploying the applications.
- Good working knowledge of the SCCM Application model and deployment methodology including concepts such as Supersedence, Chaining, Dependencies, and Detection Methods.
- Experience in OSD and Task Sequencing in SCCM.
- Experience in creating Required Microsoft updates from All Software Updates (SCUP) as monthly software updates packages in Software Update Groups and deploying to all workstation clients through SCCM.
- Created Automatic Deployment Rules for Software update management using SCCM
- Extensive knowledge in Active Directory AD to add users/groups to publish applications.
- Used Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 and Xenapp Server 6.5 for Master Image, Application deployment and publishing.
- Experience in JAMF Composer to package and JAMF Software Server (JSS) to distribute Mac apps.
- Interacting with end-users to troubleshoot and debug application configuration and deployment issues.
Packaging Tools: Admin Studio, Wise Package Studio, JAMF Composer
Sequencing Tools: App-v 5.0/5.1, VMware Thinapp 5.1.1, Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 and Xenapp Server 6.5
Deployment Tools: SCCM 2007/2012/1702/ CB, Power-shell App Deployment App Tool KitOrca, JAMF Software Server (JSS), Novell Zen works 11 sp3, Active directory
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 , MAC OS X
Virtual Computing Tools: VM Ware workstation, VSphere client, Hyper-V, VDI's
Scripting Languages: Wise Script, Batch files, Power-Shell Script, Java Script and VB Scripting.
Sr. Application Packager/SCCM Engineer
- Installing and Testing the Software Application on a Windows Machine (virtual or physical) making sure that the vendor system requirements are met. This also includes configuring the Application/System settings and preferences.
- Testing the applications to ensure the applications are compatible with multiple operating systems. Report and follow up with appropriate software vendors on system errors and outstanding issues until resolved.
- Creating Packaging template to facilitate the process and best practices using Admin Studio 2016
- Setup capture the Legacy applications on clean Virtual Machine using Admin Studio Remote Repackager for creating MSI’s.
- Modifying the MSIs as per standards and creating Transforms MST’s and Patches MSP’s using Admin Studio Install Shield 2016.
- VMware vSphere Client is utilized to create and manage virtual machines used for testing and development of packages.
- Testing package deployment and Push installation packages to a designated collection of machines using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch (SCCM CB 1702).
- Using Power-shell App Deployment Tool kit & Wise Templates to deploy packages from SCCM
- Performing OSD and Task Sequencing in Microsoft SCCM Current Branch (CB 1702).
- Tracking the installation of applications in software center.
- Convert Secondary site SCCM 2007 Distribution point (DP) to SCCM CB(1702) Distribution Point(DP)
- Creating Monthly software update packages (SCUP) and deploying to Clients through SCCM
- Creating Package Suite Documentation for the applications with the information required for install/ uninstall process for future support.
Environment: SCCM Current Branch (CB 1702), Windows Server 2008/2012 R1/R2/2016, Flexera Admin Studio 2016, Orca, Win7/Win8/Win10, App-V 5.0, VB Script, Wise Script, Power Shell, Java Script, VM V Sphere, Application Compatibility Tool Kit, Active Directory.
Sr. Application Packager/Windows Admin
- Migrated from Zenworks Suite to SCCM for Win 10 Software deployments and reporting/ Client management
- Plan, Design, Develop, Test and Maintenance of Software Applications on Win10 and Win7.
- Performed smoke testing and created workflows for windows 10 migration.
- Responsible in Evaluating/Validating and resolving the end user requests/Support
- Monitored service and incident requests and assigning tickets appropriately.
- Created a Setup.iss response file (answer file) for EXE and created (transform) .MST file for MSI package
- Power shell App Deployment kit is used to deploy packages from SCCM. (as Wrapper)
- MS App-V 5.0 is being used for virtualization of applications using sequencing process
- Worked with Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 LTSB technologies for Application deployment and publishing.
- Tested applications with client to confirm the install meets their needs.
- Familiarity with service management tools such as Hp Helpdesk
- Created Bundles for application packages in Zenworks control center and Deployed to Systems.
- Utilized Admin Studio for creating application packages and also used Install Shield Tuner for Transform (MST) files.
- Generated reports for old device configurations to replace them with new configurations.
- Created policies in the Zen works for secure functioning at end user point.
- New systems are provided with specific images based on their assignment and pushed to them automatically using Novell Zen works.
- Used VB script, Java Scripts and Batch Scripts for Custom Installations, registry edits and forcing policies on systems.
- Maintains computer hardware and software applications through the use of service contractors for the purpose of ensuring availability of instructional materials and district operations.
Environment: Windows Server 2008/2012 R1/R2, Flexera Admin Studio 2015, Orca, Win7/10, App-V 5.0, Citrix XenDesktop 7.6, Xenapp Server 6.5, VMware, SCCM 2012, VB Script, Wise Script, PowerShell. Novell Zen works Suite 11 sp3, Active Directory, Java Script.
Sr. Application Packager/Windows Admin
- Provided Final Stage Rationalization / Assessment of candidate Thick and Thin client applications.
- Worked to determine tactical and strategic solutions to applications to be packaged to complete the windows 7 deployment in the proposed timelines.
- Extracted Filfiles and AOT/AXT files from Novell Zenworks to create MSI’s for Win 7 Migration.
- Validating the raw media and install instructions provided.
- Utilized Install Shield Admin Studio 10/11.5 for creation of packages, and Install Shield Tuner for Transform (MST) files.
- Used SCCM as a deployment tool for deploying applications on to local machines.
- Used SCCM for advertising, deploying and creating distribution points.
- Used VB script and Batch Scripts for Custom Installations.
- MS App-V 4.6 is being used for virtualization of applications using sequencing process.
- Re-packaging, testing, Deployment and support of software Packages
- Created Terminal Server (TS) packages to deploy the packages in the Windows 2008 R1/R2 servers.
- Used Quest Vworkpace Management Console 7.5 to publish the applications from Terminal servers
- Published Web URL’s and Web applications in Vworkspace Console
- Published Databases (DB) with MS Access 2000/2003/2007/2010 in Vworkspace Console.
- Created new groups in Active directory to add users to the published applications.
- Used JAMF Composer to create packages using snapshots or monitoring for Apple Applications
- Used JAMF Software Server (JSS) to distribute Mac apps to computers and users.
- Worked with the app owner on any issues / questions regarding the app
- Worked with the app owner to move the app from the Assessment phase through packaging, through UAT / remediation and finally to ready for deployment
- Update all of the appropriate databases used for tracking of the application.
Environment: Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2008 R1/R2, Novell Console One and Novell Zenworks 4.0, Active Directory, Admin Studio 10/11.5 Professional, Install Shield 2011, Quest Vworkspace 7.5, JAMF Composer, JSS,MS Access, Application Compatibility Toolkit, VB script, Win batch and Java Script.
- Working on the Line of Business (LOB) applications and build MSI packages and Patches (MSP) according to the company requirements using Install Shield 2011 and Admin Studio 10.0.
- Working on upgrading the Line of Business (LOB) applications which were previously SMS installer packages.
- Being a part of the monitoring Team, I am involved in User Requirement Review, Tech Review, Packaging, QA, UAT, and Deployment to Distribution Servers.
- Responsible for creating, testing and deploying the MSI packages of the LOB applications.
- Working on Silent Installs of all the applications to automate them for the software distribution.
- Created custom actions using Install Shield and VB script to for automation and add extra functionality for the applications.
- Worked with software vendors to resolve installation conflicts.
- Monitored the updates of the internal Software “DSL (Definitive Software Library)” which keeps the Track of all the Applications.
- Used VMware for having clean base OS for packaging and testing.
- Involved in Internal Testing of the packaged applications for standards and functionality before actually submitting to the Validation Team
- Involved in documenting the standards and procedures employed for packaging and testing the packages.
- Repackaged several third-party Vendor applications into MSI (Windows Installer)
- Application Virtualization using AppV and publishing them through Soft Grid Management Console.
- Deployed multiple MSI and Virtual applications using MS-SCCM 2007.
- Created Change Requests (CR) in BMC remedy User to deploy the applications to distribution servers.
- Supported team with “on-demand” support, which included packages that needed last-minute alterations.
Environment: Windows XP/7, Wise Package Studio 7.0, Admin Studio 10 Install Shield 2011, Microsoft App-V 4.5, Active Directory, VMware workstation 7, SCCM 2007, Orca, Wise script, VB script
- Worked on Windows XP to Windows 7 migration.
- Created Windows Installer packages (MSI) for corporate distribution and transforms (MST) for customizing and rationalizing MSIs.
- Wise Package Studio has been used for MSI re-packaging for deployment on Windows XP.
- Created, modified and customized MSI packages using Wise script and Orca tool.
- Admin Studio is being used for MSI re-packaging and deployment on Windows 7.
- Created custom VB scripts to perform automation, installation and configuration tasks within MSI packages
- Filemon and Regmon are being used to find the files and registry entries that need to be modified to make the application to function properly.
- Adobe packages distribution on both Windows XP and Windows 7 is being worked.
- An application called ‘Dashboard’ which drives the business of the company is being updated on a weekly basis.
- Any remediation process related to this particular application after deployment is also successfully completed.
- SCCM has been used for advertising, creating distribution points and deploying to User machines.
- Coordinated with different groups to deploy software packages successfully.
- Microsoft App-V is being used for virtualization of application by sequencing process.
- User Support on applications issues have been handled successfully by performing root cause assessment and solving the tickets according to their priority.
Environment: Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7, Wise Package Studio 6.0, Admin Studio 10, Microsoft App- V, Active Directory, VMware workstation 7, SCCM 2007, Orca, Wise script, VB script, Batch files, and Beyond Compare, HP Service Manager, Microsoft Outlook.
- Diagnosed analyzed and resolved user laptop PC and hand-held device software and hardware issues.
- Trained staff in software use.
- Migrated employee data from multiple devices.
- Created and maintained standard laptop and desktop build procedures.
- Developed a tracking log for record of technology issues.