Aligning Information Technology with business requirements and demands by creating solutions through the establishment of full I.T. projects and network infrastructures, including customer liaison, design, testing and successful implementation within budget, scope and strict timescales. Up-to-date on I.T. developments.
- An understanding and experience use of network applications and common protocols, such as: TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, FTP, SMTP, SMB/CIFS, LDAP.
- A working knowledge of Routing and Switching Protocols as EIGRP, RIP, RIPv2, OSPF,STP, RSTP, VTP, EtherChannel, MST,HSRP,VRRP,GLBP.
- Implementing VLANs, ACL’s, on Cisco Routers and Switches to meet security expectations
- Strong understanding of different forms of authentication Kerberos, Radius, TACACS+, LDAP
- Strong understanding of WAN topologies such as MPLS, Frame Relay, and Point-to-Point Links.
- Experience with Dell and HP server lines
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network devices as router, switches.
- Implementation of IPS/IDS solutions.
- Demonstrated ability with complex multi-site network troubleshooting, PIX/ASA, multilayered switch environment, Cisco routers, Site-to-Site VPN technologies, and implementing network monitoring.
- Understanding of AAA services and how they integrate with other Cisco technologies.
- Participated in Network Security and Performance audits. Designed solutions that best fit clients long term business goals.
- Implementation of different VPN protocols such as SSL,IPSEC,PPTP,LT2P
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor.
Associates of Science degree in Network Administration
- Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP)
- CCNA Security
Systems Administration/Network Engineering:
Microsoft Windows Server
- Server 2008,2003,2000,NT
- Exchange 2003, 2007,2010
- Active Directory
- Backup Exec Antivirus
- Symantec Endpoint
- TrendPro Micro
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Confidential,Rockville, MD June 2009 - Present
- Lead and assist with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange implementations and migrations.
- Installing, Configuring, and maintaining Cisco Firewalls
- Installation, configuration and monitoring of perimeter security devices.
- Plan and support network and computing infrastructures.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documented network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Monitored system performance and implemented performance tuning.
- Installed all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Installed, configured, maintained network services, equipment and devices.
- Support administration of servers.
- Managed all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Planed and supported network and computing infrastructures.
- Managed user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam, and content filtering.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Installation, Management of Blackberry Enterprise Server(BES)
- Assist in the planning and conduct of installations, transitions, conversions and cutovers of
network components and capabilities.
- Other responsibilities include network monitoring using Cisco Netflow.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Administer all hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice IT / network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Evaluate validate and test changes before putting in to production.
- Created, Implemented in relocation plan’s of all devices on network, along with moving All Servers and Desktops.
- Provide technical support remotely, and onsite.
- Advise, consult, and assist in the planning, installation, integration, configuration, testing, implementation and management of the customer network infrastructure environment.
- Provide expert advice and consultation during the development, testing, and implementation of new network technologies.
- Monitor the functionality and state of all customer network devices at all customer sites.
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported problems and recommend solutions.
- Install, upgrade or replace existing network hardware as required.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and monitor network devices performance.
- Perform system log analysis.
- Create and revise current network diagrams and documentation.
- Provide Server, Network, PC/Workstation administration and support for 40+ users.
- Managed Switches, and VLAN implementation.
- Maintained Remote Access (VPN), Site-to-Site, PPTP connections
- Maintained servers, PC’s, workstations and printers. (seven servers, Windows environment)
- Administer and maintain Microsoft Exchange Server and user accounts.
- Maintain and apply security and operating system patches and enhancements.
- Configure/maintain Internet filtering and security.
- Maintain system backups and perform system/file restorations on Windows systems.
Computer Technician/Technical Support Internships 5/1999-5/2002
- Network Administration including the creation and deletion of user accounts
- New workstations set-up; including installation of printers and software
- Provided technical support for users; resolving network log-in problems, tuning
workstations, monitoring system utilization and advising employees how to achieve
optimum computer performance.
- Assisted IT Manager with:
- Managing users (100) networking environment
- Performing 100+ system upgrades
- Troubleshooting network problems
- Keeping the local area networks secure
- Maintaining network security policy
- Addressing server security issues and applying appropriate security patches and upgrades
- Completed system inventory of all departments and maintained database of inventory.
- Provided support for a complete overhaul of official websites including designing several
websites for various departments.