- Seasoned IT professional with eight years of experience in System Administration/Engineer with specialization in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x/5.x/6.x, Sun Solaris 9/10/11, CentOS 5/6, Windows NT 2000, 2003 and AIX 6.1
- 4 years of hands on experience as a DevOps Engineer, proficient in AWS, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Salt, Vagrant, Cobbler, Cfengine, Git, Github, Subversion, Tomcat, Nginx and JBoss
- Highly skilled in automating Operating System installation and setup utilizing Jumpstart Servers for provisioning of Solaris 9/10 servers and Kickstart servers for provisioning of RHEL 4.x/5.x/6.x.
- Proficient in installation and configuration of various Packages and Patches in Linux utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Experienced in creating and managing different kinds of file systems like Ext 3, Ext 4, ZFS, VxFS and UFS.
- Firm grasp of managing various filesystem using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VFS) and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM).
- Experienced in managing and configuring Zones and Containers in Solaris 9/10 environment.
- Efficient with User Administration, Management, Disk Space and Process Monitoring in a dynamic work environment.
- Hands on experience of installation, configuration and administration of virtual machines on VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x/5.x servers.
- Proficient in various storage technologies such as Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Efficient in working with system performance configuration and monitoring tools like Nagios, BMC, Tivoli, Cacti and Splunk
- Expertise in configuring network devices like Routers, Switches, Hubs, Terminal servers and troubleshooting LAN and WAN Related Problems.
- Working knowledge of network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, NIS, NFS, DHCP, Samba and TCP/IP.
- Proficient in Automation of various day to day administration task by developing Shell Ksh, Csh, Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python Scripts.
- Hands - on experience with configuration and automation tools such as Puppet and Chef.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Apache Webserver, WebLogic, Tomcat, Nginx and JBOSS.
- Firm grasp of Jenkins/Maven deployment and build management system.
- Proficient in Amazon AWS components such as EC2 instances setup, Elastic LB and Elastic Storage.
- Expertise in utilizing GIT and Subversion as Version Control System.
- Worked on Ansible tower and deploying software using Ansible tower.
- Strong experience devops essential tools like Kubernetes.
- Trained staff on effective use of Jenkins, Docker, GitLab and Kubernetes .
- Trained staff on Kubernetes administration.
- Good understanding of Ansible , for configuring and managing computers, combining multi-node software deployment, ad hoc task execution , and configuration management .
- Good understanding of Salt Stack, OpenStack and Docker platform
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies, MongoDB, Redis
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Shell/Python/Perl/Ruby scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Jenkins was used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Good knowledge of RDBMS and projects using Oracle, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with Java Script, JQuery, HTML, CSS
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication and interpersonal skills.
- Quick learning capability, delivering solutions as an individual and a good team player.
- Having a zeal for automation, out of the box thinking competence.
- Good understanding and exposure to Software Development Life Cycle.
Operating Systems: Red Hat 4.x/5.x/6.x, Solaris 9/10/11, CentOS 5/6, AIX 6.1, Ubuntu, Windows NT 2000, 2003, VMware ESXi 4.0/5.0/5.1/5.5.
Hardware: SunFireV100/V120/V240/V440/V480/V490/V1280/V880/ V890, Sun Enterprise 250/220R/420R/2900, HP ProLiant DL 585/360/385/585 G2, rx8640, rp7420, rp8420, N-Class, L-Class, D-Class, K-Class, T-Series, M-Series, IBM e-Server Regatta P690, P570, RS6000, Work Group Servers E450, E420, E250, E220, Netra 1405, Netra X1
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, LAN, FTP/TFTP, SMTP, Routers/Switches, SSH
Build and Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Cfengine, Maven, ANT, Kubernetes
Disk Management: Logical Volume Manager, Sun Volume Manager, Veritas Volume Manager 4x, 5.x, 6.0.
File Systems: Ext, Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, ZFS, UFS, VxFS.
Virtualization: VMware VSphere, vCenter Server, Xen Server.
Web Application Server: WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Amazon Web Service (AWS), JBOSS
Confidential, Boston, MA
DevOps Engineer / System Administrator
- Involved in installing, administrating and supporting more than 300 servers including but not limited to Solaris 8/9/10, RHEL 4/5/6/7
- Worked on monitoring tools to configure Nagios, splunk.
- Worked on configuring Alerting mechanisms with Nagios, error logging, performance monitoring.
- Worked with Linux performance tuning to add tuning parameters to the kernel and optimize the kernel.
- Worked on AIX to Linux migration from IBM AIX 6.1 to Rhel 6.6.
- Creating Meta db, soft partitions, and RAID levels using sun Solaris Volume Manager.
- Act as a liaison for higher levels of technical support and manage technical escalation.
- Check server resiliency by performing stress test on the machines.
- Install & configure Apache Web server, Tomcat, Weblogic Application servers to meet the business user’s needs and requirements.
- Worked with RDBMS (MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB), Django, Apache httpd.
- Installed, configured and supported Jboss app server 4.x.
- Worked on installing, configuring and deploying Openstack solutions. Worked on AIX to redhat migration.
- Worked on nagios Dashboard with creating custom alerts and plugins with Nagios.
- Worked on creating plugins to monitor application filesystems.
- Worked on puppet to create manifests and Modules to automate deployments and install rpm’s.
- Worked on AWS Code deploy, AWS lambda, AWS RDS
- Worked on migrating Vmware to EC2 instances.
- Worked on AWS VPC, AMI and IAM roles.
- Worked on installing, configuring and deploying Openstack solutions.
- Worked on creating and maintaining of ZFS file systems.
- Managed local deployments in, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Worked on migrating Redhat machines from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7.
- Initialized Solaris 10/11 using jumpstart, Red Hat using kickstart with TPM (Tivoli Provisioning Manager), and configuration management with puppet and chef.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 5.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installed Patches/Packages on Solaris Servers and RPM packages on Linux Servers.
- Responsible for Designing SAN architecture, monitoring SAN disk.
- Used LVM for creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring, fixed the problem of Stale and partially mirrored Logical volumes.
- Used vCloud Automation center for triggering new build.
- Collaborated with development team to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell and Perl scripts.
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Experience with web sphere deployment
- Experience with tools like Maven, Ant, Cruise control, Bamboo.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Developed a PaaS and SaaS for our staging, production environments.
- Developed cookbooks to automate most of the complex msi installers and executable installers.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks to bring up Jenkins continuous integration server (fork of Oracle Hudson). Leveraged the community Jenkins cookbook and applied customizations.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for pre deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and preproduction Environments
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code
- Built a VPC, established the site-to-site VPN connection between Data Center & AWS.
- Automated the local dev environment using Vagrant/chef-solo.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Focused on automation and continuous integration. Automated local development environment using chef.
- Spearheaded unit testing of developer code; collaborated effectively with local / offshore teams and users to ensure code met client requirements and achieved targets for application functionality, stability, and availability.
- Worked on keystone, neutron on openstack, nova.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues with openstack.
- Experience with configuring and working on docker.
- Startup and shutdown scripts, crontabs, file system maintenance and backup scripting and automation using shell scripting (BASH, KSH) and Perl.
- Worked on package and patching management and debugging in all flavors.
- Expertise in system and network monitoring tools Nagios and eHealth.
- Experienced working with servers connected to SAN & NAS environments.
- Experienced in virtualization on Redhat, Solaris with x86 architecture and also using Zones, Containers, Domains and LDom’s on sun SParcs.
- Worked on Ruby and Python scripting.
- Involved with the Customer care and Deployment teams in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production on 24/7 schedule.
- Created 2 Git repositories in Atlassian Stash named bby-jenkins (our cookbook), omnibus (our deploy gem RPM builder). Worked with Deploy gem Git repo in Stash.
- Worked on using a Git branching strategy that included develops branches, feature branches, staging branches and master. Pull requests and code reviews were performed.
- Devops role converting existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture(AWS Lambda, Kinesis)deployed via terraform or AWS Cloud formation.
- Converted existing terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloudformation during terraform deployments to enable more control or missing capabilities
- Experienced on Maintaining & troubleshooting SAN and Fiber Channel Card related on LINUX and UNIX Operating systems.
- Worked on keystone, neutron on openstack, nova.
- Worked on troubleshooting issues with openstack.
- Hands on experience in Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Strong experience in Creation and managing user accounts, group, password, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Solaris and Redhat Linux.
- Extensive experience in IPMP (IP multipathing) and Boot process in Solaris and Bonding in Linux.
- Experienced in VMware server, Vmotion, vSphere, VMware Workstation, Virtual Box and Xen. Installed and monitored Virtual environments with ESX/ESXi servers and VirtualCenter2.X.
Environment: Jenkins, Python, Chef, JIRA, JUnit, JMock, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Open VPN, Twilio, LogMeIn, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, Kubernetes, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby, Chef-solo, S3FS.
Confidential, Austin TX
DevOps Engineer / System Administrator
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, testing and infrastructure (infrastructure as code) using Chef.
- Developed Chef recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Setting up & trouble shooting the nightly/on-demand builds for all Patches/Hot-fixes and for all releases
- Setting up Jenkins Continuous Integration builds for all releases on windows and Linux.
- Involved in meetings with Dev managers to Create, manage and maintain the SCM Plan, standards, and procedures
- Integrated Maven with Subversion to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Worked with TCP/IP network configuration.
- Administered and Configured Logical Volume Manager which involved creates and modify file system, logical volume, Physical volume, Volume groups, mirroring and un-mirroring of volume groups, hot spare physical volume.
- Performed hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration , kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis and network configuration/tuning .
- Involved in backend solution, day to day Administration & Monitoring, File System Management and Disk Management.
- Worked on implementation and troubleshooting of network services like NFS, FTP, NTP, Telnet, SSH.
- Worked in setting up Chef Infrastructure , Chef-repo and Boot strapping chef nodes.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Used Jenkins, Chef, shell scripts to automate the code deployment & automation of continuous integration infrastructure (GIT and Nexus were also used in this process).
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins and Chef.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT .
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and Subversion.
- Worked on cloud solution architecture on open stack Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in subversion using Perl and Chef Scripts.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Vagrant, Kubernetes,Docker, GIT, Nexus, VMware, Shell-Scripting, Perl, Python, LDAP, LVM, Apache Webserver.
Confidential - Fargo, ND
Linux / Devops Administrator
- Performed Dev, QA, and Prod UNIX system troubleshooting, performance and security analysis.
- Validated servers listed on the patch schedule against servers needing vulnerability remediation.
- Performed Development, QA, and Prod UNIX system LAN ID requests, troubleshooting for system alerts and incidents.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x/6.x and Solaris 10/11 Operating System on physical servers as well as Virtual Machines for development and test environment.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Satellite Server to deploy upgrade packages in Linux servers.
- Installed and configured Jenkins on RHEL servers.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to Application servers in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Provisioned the servers (RHEL/Ubuntu) as per the request of the development and operations.
- Created and cloned Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware vsphere client 5 and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Installed RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Performed package administration on Linux using rpm and yum thru RHN Satellite and subscription manager.
- Installed and configured MYSQL on the RHEL servers.
- Worked on Azure on Microsoft.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and Security Management VPC.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Worked on Creating API’s on nodejS and AngularJS
- Worked on AWS opswork, AWS Lambda, AWS code deploy, AWS cloudformation and cloud foundry.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, configure and administer log analyzer tool CloudWatch.
- Worked with ANT, maven and JIRA.
- Configure and administer Apache and Application layers
- Configure HTTP caching properties for static caching.
- Automate site configuration using Puppet.
- Experience with shell scripting ( sh, bash, csh, ksh)
- Worked on SIEM for security and audit compliance configuration
- Worked on Docker and have done deployments on Ubuntu.
- Worked with puppet /Chef for configuration management.
- Worked on version control using Github.
- Implemented administration, maintenance, upgrading and monitoring of IT System and networks.
- Installed PXE servers, KickStart configurations for automatic Linux Installation.
- Performed Installation, configuration and administration of Weblogic application servers and Oracle System Bus (OSB).
- Involved in RPM package building according to the requirement using fpm and deploying the package using puppet enterprises to puppet agent.
- Worked on creating queues for new data center and reporting on console for finalization.
- Worked on Amazon web services to create AWS instances with S3 storage and EBS storage.
- Performed Installation, configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager (VCS).
- Configured and deployed of DynaTrace Monitoring system for managing all the Linux warehouse systems.
- Worked on Siteminder WAM UI on configuration of policy and LDAP.
- Implemented migration from Redhat to CentOS environment. Also Worked on provisioning and optimizing infrastructure resources for Oracle EBS applications on Red Hat Linux
- Implemented virtualization using VMware in Redhat and CentOS on HP-DL585 and IBM-z/VM series.
- Provided support for break/fix incidents.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4.x/5.x, AIX, BMC Patrol, NetBackUp, MQSeries 5.0, Web Logic 6.1, NES/iPlanet4/6, SUN Solaris, E250, E10K, E4500, SunfireV880/440, Windows, Solstice Disk Suite 4.2.1, EMC Centera; EMC Connetrix, SAN Switches, Tape Libraries, EMC Power path 4.0, RAID.
Linux System Administrator
- Staged and Maintained UNIX (Solaris 8,9 &10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux4, 5,) on Sun Enterprise servers and Dell Servers.
- Implemented the Jumpstartin Solaris servers and Kickstartin Linux Servers to automate the server builds for multiple profiles.
- Implemented and administrated of virtualization on Solaris 10 with zones and created containers using FSS.
- Installed software and patches(yum, yast)-- Disk installation and maintenance - modify vfstab file for automatic mounting while booting, format disk and restoration of UNIX files and file systems
- Implemented file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources.
- Performed systems log management, Data backup and restoration with UNIX native tools (tar/dd). Monitored client disk quotas & disk space usage.
- Set up mount points on Solaris servers for Oracle database and installed MySQL server.
- Performed data management using native Solaris utilities for archiving and compression.
- Performed storage management with SAN/NAS and migrated the manual jobs to self-executing cron jobs on Physical/Virtual Servers.
- Configured and managed Apache Web Server on Linux for web based applications using REST/SOAP, Apache and Weblogic.
- Installed and configured Solaris servers using Jumpstart, configured/maintained Zones, LDOMs, ZFS pools on Sun Solaris 10 Servers.
- Performed load balancing and failover I/O multipathing to render ability to set up multiple redundant paths for fiber attached storage area network (SAN).
- Used fsck on file systems successfully when critical data got corrupted.
- Managed file systems and disk management using Solstice Disksuite.
- User account management, managing passwords setting up quotas and troubleshooting user logins using various remote login utilities.
- InstalledRedhat Linux 5.2 on Dell, Linux Enterprise Server Machine E20 Enterprise Server (Sun Solaris)
- Installed, Maintained, Administered and troubleshooted Sun Solaris 8,9 and Redhat 9, AS 3.0 servers on various hardware platforms that include Sun 4800, V480, 280R, 4500, 3500, Dell 6400, 2400, 1800 etc.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris.
- Extensively worked on hard disk mirroring and stripe with parity using RAID controllers
- Implemented a High Availability Cluster using 2 V480s, a T3 and Veritas Cluster Server 4.1.
- Provided day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users and managing users queries. Shell programming for routine administration tasks. Analyzing & monitoring system performance through various system
- Configured Samba Server on sun machine, established network connectivity with PC’s through SMB & NMB Protocol.
- Backup & Recovery system performance monitoring kernel tuning, debugging OS failure.
- Manage Tivoli monitoring tool.
- Attended the day to day user problems
- Adding users according to ticket requirement and mounting the file system, cron-jobs adding etc in Redhat Linux
- ConfiguredDNS, NIS+ Send mail Server Redhat Linux 5.2
- Implemented and Administered Network File Systems using automounter and administering user and OS data files in NIS, NFS environment
- Created Oracle Databases and related tasks to support the Oracle team
- System Administration of Redhat Linux & SOLARIS,, Red Hat Linux boxes 5.5, 6.0,6.1,6.2, HP Proliant DL 320/360/380/560 & NT Servers 3.5, 4.0 and Win NT 2000.
- Configured Printers(Local, Remote & Network Printer) in Redhat Linux 5.2
- Responsible for all day to day system administration tasks (Disk space issue/FS/User logins)
- Configured network file sharing and enabled remote mounting file systems.
- Implemented TCP/IP network based on DHCP, DNS on Linux 5.2 & Sun Solaris 8.
- Set up of network involving Sun Workstation, Servers and Communication Product.
- Setup a Jumpstart server and client workstation installation.
- Implemented Server Virtualization using VMware for Redhat linux.
- Worked on SVM to mirror the root disks, and used Veritas Volume Manager, Filesystem to maintain multiple disks and implemented 4-node cluster for GLPROD and GLRAC and implementing 3-node cluster for PRODERP.
- Experienced with backup technologies likeVeritasNetbackup4.x, 5.0, 6.x and Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5.
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, CentOs 4/5, SUSE linux 10.1/10.3, SPARC Enterprise M3000, M5000, M8000, T5220, T5240, Sun Fire v880, v490, v440, v240, v210,Dell (T100, T105, T200, R300) Apache 2.2, JBOSS 4.2, Jumpstart, HP C Blade system, BL460c, BL420c, Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5, MySQL, Veritas Cluster Servers, Solaris Volume Management, Websphere 6.1.
Solaris / Linux System Administrator
- Involved in Planning, building and Administration of various High Availability clusters and heart beat checking on Sun Solaris using VCS in heterogeneous SAN environment.
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Administering Network File System using Automounter and administering user and OS data files in NIS, and NFS environment on Redhat Linux.
- Worked with other IT teams including Database and Network Teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards.
- System performance tuning, User maintenance and security.
- Interaction with vendors for Hardware and software supports.
- Regular disk management like adding / replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications and patches.
- Performed day-to-day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, alert log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Experienced in dealing with LVM.
- Deploy, Maintain configure, troubleshooting logs and providing application support for the in-house applications such as Intelliconnect and SAAS on Red Hat Linux boxes.
- Worked with VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Server in all environments. As a member of the team, monitored the VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1 in SAN Environment.
- Responsible for User and Group account management including their permissions.
- Responsible on handling Cacti and Nagios tools for monitoring.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4.x, 5.x, IBM X 3650, X3850, Netra T1, HP Proliant DL 380, LDOMS 1.2, ISS system Scanner, Teamquest, VMWare, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server 4.0, LVM.