- 10 years of experience as a Storage/System Administrator in a heterogeneous network.
- Strong experience in implementation and administration of SAN/NAS Storage including EMC VNX, VMAX and NetApp FAS 2500 series.
- Hands - on in Storage Virtualization and Auto-Provisioning.
- Experience in Server Virtualization using Oracle OVMM and VMware.
- Hands-on experience in configuring and managing the SAN fabric with CISCO, Brocade and Nexus F5 SAN Switches and Directors using CISCO UCS Manager.
- Good working experience in configuring and managing AWS Cloud Storage (EC2 with Amazon Elastic Block Store).
- Experience in Configuration, Administration and Management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server including LVM and Veritas Volume Manager.
- Experience in maintaining a Data Center and administration of Windows 2008/2003/2000 servers in a heterogeneous network.
- Expertise knowledge in IBM AIX 5.x & 6.0 including LPAR, DLPAR, Virtual I/O Server, HMC, HACMP and LVM.
- Experience and knowledge in Sun Solaris 9 & 10
- Worked extensively implementing HA and DR solutions using Oracle RAC, OVMM and Veritas Clustering.
- Certified in Enterprise Backup Solutions using Tivoli Storage Manager.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows 2008/2003/2000 Server, AIX 5L v5.x &6.0, Sun Solaris 8/9/10.
Storage: EMC Symmetrix VMAX, VNX 5800 & 5400, NetApp FAS 2500 series, AWS Cloud Storage with Amazon EC2 Elastic Block Store.
Storage Concepts: SAN, NAS, RAID, Storage Virtualization, Auto-Provisioning, File Systems, SVM, Solstice Disk Suite, VERITAS Volume Manager, Logical Volume Manager, Cloud Storage, Data Domain.
Server Hardware: IBM pSeries 550, 520, 630, SUN Hardware ES 250, ES 2400, SunFire, Sun Ultra Workstations, DELL, HP INTEL based Servers and VMware.
Server Concepts: LDAP, OVMM, VMware, AWS
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, HTTP, NIS, NFS/CIFS/ SMB/SCSI protocols, FTP, DNS, DHCP and Brocade switches/directors.
Backup Tools: EMC Data Domain, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Symantec NetBackup
Databases: Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, MS SQL Server 2000
Applications and Tools: EMC SMC, EMC Unisphere and Navisphere, EMC Power Path, NetApp OnCommand Unified Manager, Tivoli Storage Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager, Veritas Clustering, Linux Multipathing, LDAP, Oracle OVMM, Nexus F5, Cisco Unified Systems Manager.
General: MS Office, shell scripting, Webex, Jira Issue Tracking, Nagios and IM
Information Systems Engineer
- Administration and Management of EMC Symmetrix VMAX, VNX 5800 & 5400, NetApp FAS 2500 and AWS EC2 Elastic Block Store.
- Managing the Enterprise Storage/SAN with CISCO MDS 9509 and Nexus including zoning.
- Creating LUNs, Meta LUNs, binding, creating Storage Groups, LUN masking and mapping on FC/SATA/EFD drives, auto-provisioning.
- Storage provisioning to Windows/RHEL/Solaris servers and configuring them on the client side using Veritas Volume Manager and Linux LVM.
- Troubleshooting the SAN connectivity on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, VMware and Oracle OVMM.
- Installing and managing Oracle VMs using OVMM and provision storage to them.
- Install/configure/manage high available server clusters to support Covisint’s enterprise databases and applications using Oracle RAC and Veritas Cluster Services.
- Provide critical technical support to product teams to offer solutions in multiple industries including Healthcare, Automotive and Enterprise
- Participate infrastructure capacity planning, technology reviews, security audit, change control process, and disaster recovery planning.
- Administration of RedHat Enterprise Linux, Solaris and Windows 2008/2003/2000 based servers.
Environment: EMC Symmetrix VMAX, VNX 5800 & 5400, NetApp FAS 2500, AWS EC2 EBS, CISCO MDS 9509 SAN SWITCHES, Nexus F5 Switches, RHEL ES 6 & 5, Windows 2008/2003/2000.
- Managing the storage (both SAN and NAS) connected to the servers including EMC Clariion and NetApp Filers.
- Administration of UNIX servers including AIX 6.0, v5.x, Solaris 9 & 10 and RHEL 5.0 server in a virtualized HA environment on Production, Development and QA Servers.
- Co-ordination with the Database team and active participation in capacity management and performance tuning.
- Perform software installation, upgrades/patches, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX servers.
- Performing day to day activities like file system management, user administration and disk management.
- Supported the daily backup process and co-ordinated with the Backup operators.
Environment: EMC Clariion, NetApp Filer, AIX 5.x & 6.0 with LPAR, DLPAR, Virtual I/O Server, Sun Solaris 9 & 10 with Zones, RHEL 5.0, Oracle, TSM,, VERITAS Volume Manager, HMC, HACMP.
- Conducting the infrastructure audit of IT in terms of hardware (IBM and Sun Servers), Operating System (AIX, Solaris and Linux) and Storage (NetApp and IBM) and Backup tools.
- Assessing the business requirements that can be effectively met by deploying Server Consolidation and Virtualization.
- Locating the existing Key Safety Systems Data Center to Confidential Cleveland Data Center.
- Knowledge acquisition and transferring it to the team for support.
- Preparing the team to support the infrastructure following the ITIL standards.
- Supporting the deployment activity of AIX Operating System and Patch upgradation in Lowe’s Development, Test, QA, and Production environments.
- Initiating the required scripts in the scheduled deployment Window.
Environment: AIX 5L v5.1, v5.2, v5.3 on P520, P630, P520, Sun Solaris 8 & 9 on Sun Enterprise and Mid range servers, RedHat Enterprise Linux Server, NetApp Filer, IBM DS Storage, IBM Tivoli, IBM Tape Library.
Asst. Systems Engineer
- Administering AIX 5L v5.1, v5.2, and v5.3 as LPARs.
- Taking backups of data of Mail Server running on AIX 5.2 through IBM Tivoli Storage Manager with Tivoli Domino Protection.
- Managing and administering the EMC Clariion SAN storage connected to the Mail Server for storing the mail boxes.
- Configuration of the LUNs assigned to various client and installing EMC PowerPath on the client machines for multipathing.
- Installing applications on UNIX Servers as per the project and client requirements.
- Performing day to day administration such as User Management, File system Management and Backups for all flavors of UNIX machines.
- Installing maintenance levels, APARS, Fixes and Patches on AIX, Packages, and Patches.
- Checking the vulnerabilities using Nessus and hardening the OS.
- Monitoring and performance tuning the UNIX Servers.
- Evolving system policies and disaster recovery schemes.
Environment: AIX 5L v5.1, v5.2, v5.3, Sun Solaris 8 & 9, RedHat Linux, HMC, HACMP, EMC Clariion, EMC PowerPath, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, IBM Tivoli Domino Protection and IBM DS Tape Library.