- 8 years' experience configuring, administrating and troubleshooting infrastructure with Cisco/Juniper platform Routing, Switching and Security.
- Experience working on Cisco Catalyst Series 3750, 3500, 4500, 4900, 6500, 2950; Nexus 2K, 5K, 6K and 7K series switches.
- Dealt with Cisco router models (7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, and 1800) series.
- Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a flexible Access Solution for Data Center access architecture.
- Worked on ASR 901, 920, 903 and 9000 series Cisco routers
- Experience working on Palo Alto Firewall
- Managed the F5 BIG - IP GTM/LTM appliances to include writing iRules, SSL offload and everyday task of creating WIP and VIPs. Wide experience in implementing and managing F5 BIG-IP load balancing.
- Responsible for PIX, Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewall administration.
- Worked on administration and configuration of Check Point Firewall, Palo Alto Networks Firewall and Cisco ASA Firewall applied across global network.
- Experienced working with security issues related to Cisco ASR 9K, Checkpoint and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
- Experience in risk analysis, security policy, rules creation and modification of Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewall networks.
- Experience in configuring, deploying and deployment of Cisco Security Manager (CSM) for management of ASA … Firewall series.
- Plan for 1G fiber links and Install and configure Cisco ASR 901, Cisco ASR 920 Routers for 1G fiber links connectivity.
- Experience with F5 load balancers (6400, 6800, and 8800) and Cisco load balancers (CSM, ACE and GSS), also migrating configurations from Cisco ACE to F5 and general troubleshooting of the F5 load balancers.
- Provided Load Balancing towards Access layer from Core layer using F5 network Load balancers.
- Experience forming a network diagram with MS Visio.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols (MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, MPLS and BGP v4).
- Installed and Configured Cisco Routers (3600, 2600, 2500), Catalyst Switches (6500, 5500, 3550, and 2900series) and Nexus switches (7K, 5K and 2K series).
- Excellent knowledge of Routing, Switching, Firewalls and Gateway technologies, system design, network security, data network design, capacity management and network growth.
- Experience in Designing and Assisting in deploying enterprise wide Network Security.
- Working knowledge of frame relay, MPLS services, OSPF, BGP and EIGRP routing protocols, NATING, sub-netting, also including DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, http, HTML, HTTPS, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSEC, PPTP, VLAN, STP (Spanning tree Protocol), RTSP.
- Multicasting protocols.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows
- WAN environments
- Experience in IP addressing and subnetting with VLSM, configuring and supporting TCP/IP, DNS, installing and configuring proxies.
- In depth understanding of IPV4, IPV6, Subnetting implementation, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quicklylearning, effectively analyzing results and implement and deliver solutions as an individual and asa partof the team with good verbal/written communication
Cisco routers: Cisco 7200, 2800, 2600, 3800, 3600(ISO -Version 12.0, 12.2)
Cisco Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6509, 6513, 3500, 5500, 5000, 2900(IOS- Version 12.4)
Cisco nexus data center switches: 7000, 5000 (NX- OS version 5.1, 5.2)
Load Balancer: Cisco CSS, F5 Networks (Big-IP)
WAN Optimization: Cisco WAAS, PPP Multilink
Routing: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, RIP-2, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, Static Routing
Switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switching, Multicast Operations, Layer 3 Switches, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging
Juniper: EX-2200, EX-4200, EX-4500, MX-480, M Series, SRX210, SRX240
Firewalls: Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Cisco PIX, Juniper SRX
Confidential, Washington DC
Sr. Network Engineer
- Experience with design and implementation of Data center migration
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR, Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010.
- Experience in Configuring, upgrading and verifying the NX-OS operation system.
- Upgraded Cisco 6500, 3750, 2960s, Nexus 5000, Nexus 2000, Nexus 7000 switch IOS software.
- Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR redundant pair.
- Worked on Layer 2 protocols such as STP, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVSTP+, MST and other VLAN troubleshooting issues and configuring switches from scratch and deployment
- Involved in Datacenter build and support, Implementation, migrations network support, Interconnectivity between an old Datacenter and new Datacenter.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Installed new purchased Hardware to the new DC, migrate data over WAN connection, also greatly involved in virtualization of physical servers
- Assisted in MPLS migrations, implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site-to-site IP sec VPN tunnels.
- Worked on Converting the Partner IPSEC VPN from one Data Center to Another Data Center.
- Responsible for entire LAN and WAN maintenance and troubleshooting of the company network. Involved in the Team of Data Center Operations to perform duties like administration and deployment of Cisco Routers and Switches according to the organization requirements.
- Strong experience in creating firewall policies as per the requirements on Palo Alto
- Deployed & Implemented rules and created various zones in Palo alto firewalls like PA2020, PA5020, PA5050.
- Configured rules and maintaining Palo Alto firewalls & analysis of firewall logs using various tools.
- Migrated with a team from a predominantly Checkpoint environment to a Palo Alto global solution.
- Centrally managed all Palo alto firewalls using Palo alto, Panorama M-100 management server.
- Experience on Panorama firewall management tool which provides centralized monitoring and management of multiple Palo Alto devices from single window.
- Performed Palo alto firewall rule audit and optimization using Algosec.
- Configured High availability, User ID on Palo Alto firewall.
- Configuring rules and Maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls & Analysis of firewall logs using various tools Editing and Changing Palo Alto Polices and Monitoring threats on firewalls.
- Configured and implemented Fortinet Security systems Firewall.
- Implemented FortiManager 300D and FortiGate 600D cluster for deploying IPsec VPNs.
- Experience in creating virtual domains for employing proxy servers on Fortinet firewalls. Configuring VPN both B2B and remote access SSL and centralized policy administration using FortiManager, building FortiGate High Availability using FortiGate Clustering Protocol (FGCP).
- Configured application load balancing using F5 LTM. Experience with configuring VIP, Pools on F5 LTM and working with rule management on LTM.
- Worked on F5 Enterprise Manager 3.1 version to manage multiple F5 LTM devices from single-pane view.
- Implemented Changes on Existing configurations for the applications on F5 load balancer.
- Configured Virtual server, service groups, Session persistence, Health monitors and Load balancing methods in new F5
- Worked on Data, VoIP, security as well as wireless installations and technologies
- Cisco ACS / Cisco Prime - adding and editing devices, alarm and event modifications, wireless traffic inspection, archiving and restorations, version upgrades.
- Working on CISCO Prime and Wireless controller to Manage all WAPs.
- Managing Cisco Access Point using Cisco Wireless Controller.
- Managing Cisco wireless Controller using Cisco Prime.
- Analyzed network health and performance issues using SolarWinds.
- Monitoring Network devices using SolarWinds.
- Worked on SolarWinds NCM for pushing the config to Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Made DHCP and DNS changes through Infoblox.
- Configured DNS entries using Infoblox.
- Used Infoblox to create and manage newly created DHCP scopes.
- Evaluated existing LAN, WAN, and wireless networks and document with Microsoft Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Performed a network discovery and created network visio diagrams for two Data Centers and Remote offices.
Environment: Router 2900, 3900; Cisco Catalyst Switch 3550, 2960. T1 Controllers, Juniper J series, Checkpoint R70 to R75.20, Cisco ASA, DS3 Lines (T3 Lines), Nexus, Inflobox, Fortinet, Fiber and Ethernet cabling, Palo Alto
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Sr. Network Engineer
- Configured Static, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP and OSPF routing protocols on Cisco 1600,2600,2800, 3600, 7300 series routers.
- Experience in BGP route summarization
- Experience in working with BGP synchronization and split horizon
- Experience in working with BGP address families.
- Experience in working with BGP communities.
- Configured BGPv4, BGP Path Attributes, and Route Reflectors for an ISP transit network.
- Spreadhead meetings & discussions with team members regarding network optimization and regarding BGP issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolved dynamic routing, Ethernet switching and host connectivity issues in a window and network environment.
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Routers (ASR1002X, 1006, 3945, 3845, 2800, 3600) and Switches to perform functions at the Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Experience with configuring routing protocols such as OSPF and Policy based Routing
- Experience with configuring Hot Standby Routing Protocol HSRP and VLAN Trunking Protocol
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches
- Involved in writing rule syntax using TCL language and in rule management such as loading rules
- Installed Firewalls with both LAN and WAN and configured them accordingly. Configured Cisco 7200, 7600, 3800 and 3600 routers.
- Link state protocols such as OSPF are configured and had experience in troubleshooting them.
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Configured Virtual Port Channel configuration on the Cisco Nexus 5000 series. Configured Virtual Device Context configuration on the Cisco Nexus 7000 series.
- Involved in design, implementation of checkpoint.
- Checkpoint Firewall upgrade from Checkpoint R65 to Checkpoint GAIA R77.
- Experience in adding Rules and Monitoring Checkpoint Firewall traffic through Smart Dashboard and Smart View Tracker applications
- Using Smart Update, User Management and Authentication in Checkpoint Firewall.
- Worked on Checkpoint Firewalls in providing access to the customers or external vendor networks in reaching the internal servers.
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
- Experience with configuring Load Balancing methods in F5 LTM and configured the virtual server.
- Used F5 GTM for external DNS resolutions configured all listeners and created all zone files, A record.
- Managing IPAM and Infoblox Activities including DNS records, creating subnets and name resolution
- Deployed the Cisco 3500 Access Points using Cisco Wireless controllers 5500 and 2500 and WCS System.
- Experience with Monitoring wireless networks and performing site surveys.
- Monitored network traffic using CISCO Prime, Netflow and Solarwinds/Orion
- Configured managed and troubleshoot of all Cisco wireless controllers and access points using Cisco Prime Network Control System Infrastructure (NCS) version 18.104.22.168 (formerly WCS)
- Responsible to meet the SLA's in resolving tickets in Incident and Change Management tickets, providing timely updates and fixing the issue.
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960/6500 switches, Checkpoint Cisco 3640/7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 5500, windows server 2003/2008: F5 BIGIP LTM, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
Sr Network Engineer
- Installation and management of overall administration of LAN, WAN, systems involving design of network layouts, configuration and maintenance, Commissioning Routers & Switches, firewalls, IPS and ensuring maximum uptime during site deployment to VoIP.
- Implementing traffic engineering on top of an existing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network using Frame Relay and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- Provided redundancy in a multi homed Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) network by tunings AS-path
- Hand on experience the configuration and implementation of various Cisco Routers and L2 Switches.
- Assisted in troubleshooting LAN connectivity and hardware issues in the network of 500 hosts.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Configured Routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, static routing and policy based routing.
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP and RSTP.
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Switches (2900, 3500, 7600, 3700 series, 6500 series) Cisco Routers (4800, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2900, 1800, 1700, 800)
- Hands on experience in configuring Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches
- Responsible for designing and deploying various network security & High Availability products like Cisco ASA products.
- Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall.
- Responsible for Cisco ASA 5500 firewall administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Migrated L2L tunnels and client based VPN connections from a Cisco Concentrator to redundant Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500.
- Documenting and Log analyzing the Cisco ASA 5500 series firewall.
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500 security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning and configuring VLANs/routing/Natting with the firewalls as per the design.
- Implemented and troubleshooting the Virtual firewalls solutions in ASA.
- Designed, configured, implemented site-site VPN on Cisco ASA 5500 firewall. Establishing VPN Tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and configuring and implementing site-to-site VPN.
- Addition and removal of services from virtual server configuration on Citrix net scalar load-balancer.
- Maintaining SSL certificate on Citrix net scalar load balancer and managing the virtual servers.
- Implemented Citrix NetScaler for Networking and Traffic Optimization.
- Implemented Citrix Access Gateway and Advance Access Control.
- Created application packages in Citrix for installation on multiple servers.
- Created and documented config and network diagram (MS Visio) for each project.
- Provided all Core Visio diagrams and network documentation.
- Analyzed traffic pattern and implemented URL filtering using the Palo Alto Firewall.
- Designed security policies on Palo Alto network firewall for controlling what traffic needs to be allowed or blocked based on customer requirements
- Configured EIGRP for Lab Environment.
- Enterprise Routing experience using protocols RIP v1 & 2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Experience in implementing & troubleshooting VLANs, Spanning tree protocols (STP, RSTP, PVST+) Ether Channel, PAGP, LACP and 802.1Q.
- Cisco Routers, Switches IOS upgrades with latest IOS version as per company standards.
- Performed cost analysis and proposal regarding the outcome of network assessments.
- Configured OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP, and troubleshot spanning-tree and layer two related issues.
- Troubleshoot TLS circuits and documented the cause and solutions of the issues.
- Troubleshoot, configured and monitored MPLS circuits.
- Perform Wireless LAN survey and troubleshooting for network outages resource availability.
- Configured and troubleshot HSRP related issues for redundancy and network availability.
- Implemented VRRP in our stretched multi building server Vlans to ensure maximum uptime.
- Proficiently implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute- Lists, Route Maps and route manipulation using Offset-list.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Implemented redundancy for Routers using HSRP.
- Implemented route redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP.
- Configured 2900, 3600, 3900, 6500 series Cisco Routers
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Done troubleshooting of TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- Created ACLs according to the requirement and taken guidance from seniors in that company.nt
- Created VLAN and Inter-Vlan routing with Multilayer Switching.
- Monitor performance of network and servers to identify potential problems and bottleneck.
- Performed administrative support for RIP, OSPF routing protocol.
- Provided onsite support for new installations as well as upgrades.
- Built and maintained an enterprise network monitoring system based on SolarWinds alerts system tool to monitor and restore network outages.
- Installed and maintained all routers and switches with various network configurations for VLANs, QoS, VoIP, and advanced routing (OSPF, BGP) and security protocols.
- Hands on experience working with security issue like ACL'S, configuring NAT and VPN.
- Implemented VTP and Trouncing protocols on catalyst 3560, 3750, and 4500 switches.
- Provided current network documentation and Visio drawings depicting new network topology that incorporated newly installed Cisco switches and associated VLANs spanning through 802.1q trunks.
- Configuring and Monitoring remote sites (Site to Site VPN).
- Configuring and Monitoring VLAN, STP, QoS, NAT and DHCP.
- Configuring BGP and OSPF routing protocol on Core and EDGE router.
- Configuring Vlans, STP, VTP, and HSRP protocol on network switches.
- Configured OSPF on CISCO devices with multiple routing processes and redistributed them. Tested and hands on experience in multi area OSPF topologies.
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Assisted in network engineering efforts consistent with the infrastructure of an Internet Service Provider and support of such network services. Helped in designing and implementation of VLAN for the new users.