Over 20 years of experience in network engineering. Skills incorporated: The design, management, installation, maintenance, operation, and procurement of Cisco IP networks, and associated communications systems and peripherals. I had attempted to partner in a restaurant, which ultimately did not work out. The goal is, however, to get back into Networking with a solid company.
- I am helping small businesses to procure, install and maintain network for their office or offices.
- Duties included designing and implementing LAN capabilities for offices ranging in size of 5 to 50 end users and finally, connecting these small businesses networks to the Internet.
Senior Network Engineer
- Redesign & Re - IP Primary & Alternate NOC’s with redundancy and upgraded routers and switches
- Redesign & Built redundancy in Tech-Control the core of the network
- Redesign & Built redundancy in Primary & ALT Tech-Control at the Pentagon for Data, Video, & VOIP networks.
- ) Maintain legacy ATM/OSPF network and implemented new Black IP core with MPLS/BGP network. e) Currently migrating over 300 Edge sites from legacy ATM to new IP network running OSPF,BGP and MPLS and new Cisco equipment
- Improved Performance management from legacy Ciscoworks, Spectrum, Solarwinds, IDS & Probes to Netcool/Precision, NAS, IPS, & Netscout 9000 series probes. g) Deployed Enterprise AAA throughout entire network.
- Daily O&M on the Cisco/Juniper ISP Network for JWICS, types of equipment used: Edge & Deployable Routers: Cisco 7206, 3845, 3640 & Juniper M & J series
- Edge & Deployable Switches: Cisco 2950, 3560, & 4500 series j) Core Routers & Switches: Cisco GSR12410, 7600 & 6500 series, & Juniper M40 k) Pix Firewalls l) KG’s 175 A & D m) Smaller switches & routers: Cisco 3750, 3725, 2600, 3550, and 2900's
Principal Network Engineer
- Daily O&M on the Cisco switch Network for NIPRNet, SIPRNet & JWICS WANs, types of equipment used: a) Edge routers are 7206 & 3745 b) Core switches Catalyst 6513 c) Distribution switches 4507's d) Firewalls Pix's 525 e) Smaller switches and routers consist of Cat 3725, 3550, and 2900's Creation of a new SIPRNet, NIPRNet WAN for nonmilitary government agency: a) Transition DHS HQ off of SIPRNet to the new HSDN MPLS network b) Transition DHS HQ off of NIPRNet to the new ONE Net MPLS network c) Restructure HQ IP Matrix d) Reconfigure all switches to run MPLS, BGP, and OSPF protocols. e) Redesigned Firewall Matrix f) Cluster all servers across campus g) Built redundancy in all switches
- System/Network Analysis supporting the coalition forces in Operation Southern Watch (OSW), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF). perations in conjunction with ground assaults, on a 24/7 bases. a) Trained in installation and maintenance of Sun Sparc 450 running Solaris 9.0 and InfoWorkSpace (IWS) collaboration tool vers 2.5.1 b) Maintained the existing system in place (Backup, Administrator) c) Served as a liaison to solve problems between Systems and Networks
- Resolved 25 of 26 problems with IWS, Sparc, and IP Network:
- Sun Sparc Hardware problems, Multicast issues, Security issues, IWS software
- Issues, Identified the final software glitch that Ezenia owner of the IWS would need to address
- Directly contributed to the success of over 50,000 combat air sorties and the liberation of Iraq's population from a repressive regime; zero aborted missions due to communication issues.
- The success of this endeavor was reported in “Online Tools Help Quick Strike” April edition Federal Computer
- Weekly and the June edition of “Air Force Times”. f) Prior to OIF, provided key communications support for over 8,400 OSW sorties enforcing "No-Fly, No-Drive" zone compliance in Iraq and more than
- 22,000 OEF sorties supporting the global war on terrorism Co-Authored “
- Design Consideration for Wide Scale Instant Messaging System.
- Designed several hardware system configurations to meet the individual needs of the Intelligence Agencies
Confidential, Norfolk VA
Senior System Analyst Engineer
- Advice, implement, upgrade and troubleshoot the Joint Forces Intelligent Command networks.
- Converter ATM to IP networks using the protocol OSPF and Cisco 6513’s
- The Unclassed network was upgraded from Cabletron Hubs to a Cisco Gig-Ethernet backbone using the Cat 4006 switches.
- Set up the new network monitoring system, Spectrum.
- Test all new equipment, IOS, and software in the Fore and Cisco labs prior to implementation.
- Final, advice the customer on future requirements and growth of the network.
Confidential, Columbia, MD:
WAN design Engineer & Network Engineer
- To advise Department of Human Resources, for the state of Maryland, on how and what they need to build a stable network for all departments throughout the state.
- Re IP the network
- Changing the physical design of the core from routed to switch
- Added redundancy with hsrp at the pix and several rsm.
- Advising DHR which vendor and what hardware and software are required today and for the future growth
- Lead other engineers in the bringing on other departments and locations the will eventually lead to Maryland all in one network.
- Some of the task had include wireless solution to connect the Eastern shore g) Daily troubleshooting of problems ranging from isdn connections to DS3 lines, 2500 routers to the 7500, switches 2900 to 8500 series. Documentation and policy for the network were being address by me.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- To troubleshoot daily outages cause from by Problems ranging from a cable, or fiber line being cut, a switch or router cashed, to baseline for congestion problems.
- As part of the Project team, the creation of new DMZ’s, Extra & Intra networks.
- Other task includes base lining, and mapping of the networks, upgrades and configuration changes to IOS, and replacement of legacy equipment.