Seeking a challenging position to develop and expertise in Computer Science and Technologies, where my skills as a software engineer will benefit the organization.
- 7 years extensive hands on Experience in IT Infrastructure/Implementation with skillset in EMC Backup product supports (Avamar, data domain), Veritas NetBackup, Pure disk with NDMP, SAN and NAS Solutions.
- Knowledge of storage protocols (SATA, Parallel SCSI) and RAID technology, database.
- Networking fundamentals (Protocols and technologies) with Windows O/S, VMware virtualization and Linux
Storage, Backup, Restore, Replication and Networking fundamentals
Storage Technologies: EMC Avamar, Data Domain, Veritas NetBackup, VMware snapshots, IBM & HP Tape Libraries
Operating Systems: Solaris, Red hat Linux, HP - UX and Windows
Programming Languages: C#, ASP.Net and UNIX Shell Scripting
Databases: MySQL, MS SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
IT TECHNICAL SKILL:
STORAGE FUNDAMENTALS: Storage protocols, RAID levels) and replication technologies.
Tool: EMC Avamar, EMC Data Domain, Veritas NetBackup, NDMP and Putty. Granularity of backups, Backup Devices, Backup software, Architecture of backup and restore.
NETWORK FUNDAMENTALS AND PROTOCOLS: Network typologies, basic understanding of IP Addressing routing protocols LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, VPN, NDMP, Ethernet.
- contributed to the teaching process including lectures, labs, administering and managing SQL database for all the students enrolled in the DB class.
- Assistance in teaching and grading all the assignments and projects for the course: Introduction to Algorithms and carry out research in my area of specialization
SENIOR STORAGE ENGINEER
- Implemented EMC Avamar 6.x & 7.x on Linux and windows platforms and EMC Data Domain 5.x(DD680/DD690/DD890) with NetBackup Software and configuration in both NFS and VTL modes
- EMC ISM Storage Technology Foundations certified. The projects varied from Designing and implementing the strategies to Commissioning a stable storage environment using Avamar, NetBackup and Data Domain in the backend to restoring back to the normal functioning in case of Disaster and Successfully implemented replication to the offsite storage from both Avamar grid and Data Domain Appliances
- Design and Implementation of NAS storage solutions in Windows & Linux environments that involves aggregate, Volume and LUN management, creation of CIFS & NFS shares, adding LUNS and hosts to storage groups and provide storage to ESX, Oracle & SQL hosts
- Backup Metric Tools: EMC Data Protector Adviser
BACKUPS & STORAGE ENGINEER
- Designed SQL, RMAN(oracle) Database and VMware backup Configurations using Online and Offline Scripts on multiple servers.
- Performed Vital Upgrades and Configurations at Hardware/Software level for Servers to get the latest technologies into support and maintaining service levels at 99.9 percent availability and uptime by adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Certified Solaris SA1 administrator and commissioned Enterprise Backup Infrastructure (SAN, tape libraries, and backup software) in multiple projects
- Worked as an L3 Technical Engineer for EMC in handling Avamar and Data Domain issues like configuration and troubleshooting for Avamar backups, restore and hardware issues as well as handling physical and VM clients.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery solutions where I have worked in recovery of the backup servers with Live Disaster Recovery implementation where I have successfully configured the backup Application and recovered the customer data
- Managed North America accounts that included several critical servers that comprises a huge environment consisting of 85 NetBackup Master Servers & 150 Media Servers those taking the backup of around 15,000 clients with File system, NDMP and backups.
- Configured of NDMP drives & Implemented NDMP backups on NetApp filers