- Insensitive knowledge on AWS S3 Services and backup integration.
- Provided Backup solution for On - Prem and Public cloud (Hybrid Cloud) Solution’s for leading manufacture client.
- My specialization would be on Tivoli Storage Manager Administration for the past 6+ years but also have working experience on IBM Tape libraries, HP D2D boxes (Disk to Disk backups) and in EMC Data Domain integration with Confidential .
- Provided an END to END Confidential solution for the Customer
- Have closely worked with the customer to provide timely suggestions and to satisfy the client requirements as in when required.
- Have worked in the most complex environment which the industry can offer with over 70 Confidential 7.x servers and 20000 Confidential client servers and managed them successfully.
- Have good knowledge on Scripting with respective to Confidential and automation of day to day work ... this includes SQL and Shell and Windows Batch Scripting.
- Have created and verified process documents and technical documents.
- Have participated on External ( Confidential ) and internal audits for Confidential and completed the audits successfully … we have worked with external auditors to fine tune the Confidential process.
- Have good knowledge of Change and Incident management concepts … have intensively worked on Change management for the past one year.
- Worked on Storage Gateways like NetApp Alta Vault to move the data from ON-Prem to the Private Cloud Setup. (Backup Data)
- Worked on Several POC’s for the Backup applications like Confidential & COMMVAULT with AWS and AZURE.
- Setup/Managing Linux Servers on Amazon (EC2, EBS, ELB, Security Groups, RDS and IAM).
- Resizing the EC2 and RDS Instance as when required by the application and the management.
- Scheduling jobs using crontab on the weekends to reduce the Resources on the Environments and once again increasing the instance on the weekdays to meet the production load.
- Intensively worked with the SQL and the Application team for the restores for the data which resides in the cloud.
- Primary Job roles were to migrate 25 backup servers from v7 to v8 backup servers and all the 5000 clients to be upgraded to the latest version in WB Environment.
- Moved the On-Prem Data to cloud for the Test and Dev Environments.
- Data Migration from EMC Data Domain to NetApp Alta Vault. (Close to 9 PT of data was migrated).
- Assisted in implementation and configured VMware Backups in the Confidential environment.
- Worked with the DBA’s to fine tune the backups and effectively manage them - This includes in reclaiming the space form the Confidential front. Successfully tested and configured VCS cluster backups for the Oracle Databases.
- Implemented Confidential Operation Center for real time monitoring of the backup server performance and scheduled various reports to assist the management with the current health of the environment.
- Have worked in process automation and developed scripts which have helped in distributing the work load. Worked extensively in Server graph integration with Confidential for alerting and reporting.
- Worked along with IBM and EMC to fine tune the backup server’s performance and brought the WB backup Server’s to IBM standards.
- Have closely worked with the platform/application team to bring down the backup/success ratio to meet the WB SLA.
- Worked on Confidential Audit and successfully completed them and have also worked with external auditors for the process refinement - created and verified process documents and technical documents.
- Have worked on capacity management with respective to Confidential and saved more than 600 TB of space by removing of unwanted File systems which is been backed up and implemented client option set in Confidential severs and cleaned up space on the Confidential front.
Senior operations Member
- Upgraded 15 Confidential 5.5 servers to Confidential 6.3 Servers and also upgraded the Confidential Client versions to v6.3 and to v6.4 from 5.5 versions.
- Have worked reduction of the backup failure count per night from 700 to 75 backup failures ... and have taken preventive measures to stop the above mentioned issue by creating a shell script which would monitor and alert the Confidential ops Team if the backup failures reach more than 90 per day in the environment.
- Have created a set of health checks scripts which would help us to identify the critical issues with respective to Confidential and DD environment which would alert the Confidential team members to take necessary steps towards the issue resolution.
- Have closely worked with IBM to perform a re-design of the Confidential SAN disk layout to help improve the Confidential Database stability and performance.
- Confidential server availability/performance - have worked on the Confidential backup servers with respect to load balancing and made sure that the Confidential server are up and running 24x7.
- Worked on EMC Data Domain D2D boxes with respective to Confidential integration and have basic knowledge on how to work with Data Domain.
- Worked on Migration of nodes from AVAMAR to Confidential and Confidential to AVAMAR.
- Working knowledge on EMC AVAMAR backup Tool. Would be able to perform an installation of new avamar agent and configure the agent to avamar Grid and schedule a backup and run an ad-hoc backup if required, and perform a successful restore with AVAMAR.
- Possess strong documentation skills - Have documented all the technical work which was performed by me and have shared it to the team … presented technical documents to a technical committee.
- Planned and performed migration of over 1000 clients to the new backup environment
- Have created a set of pre-defined health checks scripts which help us to identify the possible flaws and cause of issue in the Confidential environment.
- Supporting the client in Crisis and successfully resolved many issue including sev2.
- Successfully Migrated Confidential server from v5.5 to v6.2 and freshly installed 6.2 servers in the Environment.
- Analyze Confidential performance and design and provided appropriate solutions to meet client needs and monitored scheduled backups to ensure success or take remedial action for failures.
- Manage Confidential application so that backup schedules and policies were met, Capacity planning in anticipation of product growth and provided, recommendations when additional Hardware was needed
- Knowledge on Installation & Configuration of client in clustered environment. (Windows 2003 & 2008, AIX).
- Configuration of various types of backup (LAN Free backup (SAN), Backup LAN).
- Installed, Configured and Maintained Different flavors of TDP for Confidential like Oracle, DB2 & SQL.