Continuation of my career in the IT Sector
Network & Telecommunications Engineer
- Install, maintain, support, and optimize of all network hardware and software for over 250 Cisco Model 4500/3750/3560 Switches and Juniper Wireless Network with approximately 250 access points located throughout nine buildings in a Campus environment.
- Manage and maintain WAN/LAN Security utilizing Juniper SRX100 Firewall, SSL - VPN with Juniper and Nortel Solutions and Cisco Access-Lists, and VLAN's to control Network Traffic.
- Optimize Network Traffic using Big IP F5 Load Balancer, Cisco Works LMS (LAN Management Solution) Juniper STRM, ThreatSTOP, Cisco Network Registrar and Windows 2014 DNS.
- Manage and maintain Nortel PBX, Nortel Element Manager, Call Pilot and Call Recorder, Datel CallSweet, Sentry E911 Applications and approximately 1,100 Nortel Model 1120/1140 /Polycom IP Phones on Campus. Also responsible for over 100 analog phone connections for fax machines, Panic Buttons, Emergency phones in buildings and elevators.
- Act as a technical escalation resource for Help Desk and other IT personnel, providing network and telecom support for over 700 Staff, 400 Faculty and 6,400 Students.
- Provide excellent written documentation and diagrams of procedures and hardware configurations.
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on-call support and off hour maintenance of Network environment.
- Provide Network training and guidance to Student and Help Desk employees.
Network Support Engineer
- Installed, maintained, supported, and optimized all network hardware and software for the Corporate Primary Data Center and over 110 Newspapers and print facilities across the United States with Cisco 2800 series Routers, 4500/3500 series Switches and Juniper NS50 and NS100 Firewalls.
- Implemented and maintained a Network Environment between corporate resources and over 200 remote locations utilizing Firewall Policies, Cisco Access-Lists, IPSec Tunnels, SSL-VPN's and VLAN's to control and secure Network Traffic.
- Part of an ongoing project that researched and implemented upgraded primary and secondary network connections at each Newspapers, increasing bandwidth while lowering cost.
- Assisted in ensuring the WAN/LAN availability of Newspapers through Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity planning, testing and execution.
- Acted as a technical escalation resource for Help Desk and other IT personnel and provided Network troubleshooting and technical guidance to IT Staff on-site and at remote locations
- Provided excellent written documentation and diagrams of procedures and hardware configurations.
- Interacted and coordinated with vendors, suppliers, distributors, and contract consultants
- Participated in rotating 24x7 on-call support and off hour maintenance of Network environment.
System Support Specialist
- Installed, maintained, supported, and optimized all Server, PC/Laptop, printer and Network Connectivity for two offices in the DC Metro area
- Managed Security Administration, User Accounts and Active Directory and maintained backups of data using Veritas backup Exec.
- Provided Computer and Network Support for over 50 local and remote users worldwide.
- Participated in rotating 24x7 on-call support and off hour maintenance of Server and Network.
- Provided application support for the Companies software products Confidential, Confidential Maestro and email application.