- A proficient IT professional with 15+ years of experience with a drive to adapt evolving technologies to design and implement cost - efficient infrastructure solutions aligned with business needs
- Expertise in NetApp SAN/NAS storage configuration, solution design, implementation, administration, capacity planning, disaster recovery. Proficient in NetApp FAS/V-2k/3k/6k/8k Series Filer Administration, NFS/CIFS configuration, exports, quota management, near store Administration using Snapvault.
- Experience in managing cluster NetApp (cDOT), creating/managing Vservers, configuring logical interfaces, creating new aggregates/volumes and assigning proper share access, troubleshooting all network and storage related issues.
- Hands on experience in cDOT migration from 7 mode NetApp filers, have setup snapmirror peer relations between 7mode and cDOT filers. Used 7MTT tool for migration
- Experienced with EMC midrange storage arrays VNX 5500/5700 and 5800, NAS Array ISILON, XtremIO administration, provisioning and decommissioning LUNs
- Involved in EMC duties such as configuring ports, initiator groups, storage groups, masking views and allocate SAN storage.
- Implemented FAST VP by creating Storage Groups and FAST VP policies
- Knowledge of configuring and administering the EMC Appsync
- Experienced in SAN Switch Administration on Brocade switches, creation of zones, zone sets and fabric configuration.
- Experience in IBM SVC, V7K virtualized storage administration, configuration and management of replication using flash copy and global mirror.
- Experience in managing Confidential USPV, VSP, AMS using Universal Manager, Confidential Command Suite, HSNM2, Replication using HUR
- Experience in designing, installing, configuring administrating SAN/NAS, backup solutions using Veritas Net backup/ Backup Exec, Legato Networker. VMware Backups, exchange backups and SAP backups configuration.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to work with executive leadership team, mentor and develop staff, manage complex projects, develop strong client relationships, and the ability to articulate production support processes, concepts, and solutions to business stakeholders.
- Experience in operational excellence for improving productivity through various levers - Automation, best practices.
- Developed platform for, knowledgebase and mature scale of delivery and responsible for saving project cost.
- Experience in Data Center Migration/Consolidation including servers, storage and backups.
- Experience in leading new project transition, building support team at onsite/offshore, screening/inducting resources for new projects.
- Drove process improvements for internal IT team, steps taken for KPI improvement, planned service Improvement process -SIP
Storage: NetApp Cluster and FAS 2k,3k,6k,8k series filers, Confidential Storage-USPV/VSP/AMS, EMC VNX, EMC XtremIO, IBM SVC, V7K
Storage Tools: Netapp DFM, System Manager, Ops Manager, EMC Unisphere, Fabric Manager, Brocade Network Advisor, IBM Performance Manager, Confidential Storage Navigator, Confidential Command Suite
Replication SW: SVC - Global Mirror/Flash Copy, Confidential Universal Replicator, Timefinder
OS: Solaris, Linux, HP-UX, Logical domains, Zones
Backup: Veritas Netbackup6.5/7.5, EMC Networker, Avamar
Tools: HPOV, Opscenter Analytics, Remedy, Clarify, EMC NCM
Applications: Websphere, Iplanet, Apache, Oracle, SAP, Google Search Appliances
Subject Matter Expert
- Key responsibilities include build, configure, manage day-to-day support in coordination with DBA, Network, application teams.
- Ensure that project guidelines, standards, timelines, ITIL processes are followed especially for change/problem management.
- Root cause analysis of major incidents and to eliminate downtime, increase system availability and improve SLA consistency.
- Day to day activities like create/Expand aggregate, volume, Qtree on 7 Mode and Cluster Mode filers
- Planning ONTAP upgrade activities as per business requirement following change management and minimal business downtime.
- LUN provisioning, decommissioning using SVC, Upgrading SVC and V7k firmware
- Zoning configuration on brocade switches using Brocade Network Advisor(BNA).
- Disk monitoring and vendor management for hardware failures
- Building the knowledge base/wiki/SOP for the Storage Support and to perform daily tasks/incident.
- Migration, administration and consolidation of enterprise storage appliances like Netapp, IBM .
- Migration of 7 mode NetApp volumes to cDOT filers, have setup snapmirror peer relations between 7mode and cDOT filers. Used 7MTT tool for migration
- Responsible to complete Work Load Swap(WLS) activity every month for Netapp Storage as part of Disaster recovery testing.
- Delivered new projects involving capacity planning, disaster planning and project reporting
Storage and Backup Lead
- Key responsibilities were leading the Storage and Backup team of 12 members including offshore and onshore. Ensuring 99.99% availability of Storage and Backup Environments.
- Played a key role in starting the McDonald account by being part of Storage Lead and worked from proposal phase to winning the contract.
- Built a strong Storage & Backup team and successfully completed Datacenter migration and later transition to Infosys achieving all tollgate at each Transition phases - KT, Secondary and Primary support.
- IT strategic planning for infrastructure and systems using best practices and service delivery. Project management coordination across all teams.
- Planned, designed and configured SAN for backup infrastructure with NetBackup solutions.
- Worked as Problem manager to complete all root cause analysis of any Major incidents to eliminate downtime, increase system availability and improve SLA consistency.
- Worked as L3 for the any Netapp, EMC or Netbackup issues and guide the team to follow the ITIL process for any Change and Problem tickets
- CIFS administration, Quota management, performance monitoring, disk replacement, migration on Netapp FAS filers.
- Managing and monitoring VNX and XtremIO, LUN provisioning, snapshot management, backup management for application upgradation
- Testing and implementation of EMC appsync for Oracle applications and reduce downtime.
- Planned upgrade activities as per client requirement following change management and minimal business downtime.
- Zoning Configuration on brocade switches as and when required. Monitoring the port performance and troubleshooting it
- Vendor management and warranty contract management.
- Configuration and Management of backup using Netbackup, Avamar and TSM. Monitoring and troubleshooting the backup failures.
- Recommendation to client for future requirements, capacity planning and ordering for new diskshelf or new Storage. Adding disk and disk shelf to the existing storage for standalone and High availability controllers.
- Develop Knowledge base/wiki/SOP for the Storage Support and to perform daily tasks/incident.
- Key responsibilities were leading the Storage team of 25 members including offshore and onshore. Ensuring 99.99% availability of Storage Environments.
- Led the Storage team to successfully complete transition from Fujitsu to Infosys achieving all tollgate at each Transition phases - KT, Secondary and Primary support. Planned and managed project schedules, deliverables, risks involved by Coordinating with other teams and stake holders.
- Ensure that project guidelines, standards, timelines, ITIL processes are followed especially for change/problem management.
- The development and maturity of ITIL practices, processes and procedures around operations, incident management, change management and problem management.
- Performed Root cause analysis(RCA) for all Major Incidents to eliminate downtime, increase system availability and improve SLA consistency. Presentation of RCA to the clients within the agreed SLA.
- Enhanced internal communication between all Data Centers yielding improved collaboration, process alignment, and decreased inconsistency across the enterprise globally.
- Develop, mentor and encourage a high performing global team to help project achieve business goals.
- Taking care of Storage billing to client and the budget cost center of company.
- Interact with Client on regular basis for getting requirement and planning. Monthly, weekly report preparation and presentation.
- Performing activities like create/Expand aggregate, volume, Qtree for NAS environments, LUN’s, Igroups for SAN environments and reclamation the LUN’s and SAN ports if any (De-commissioning projects).
- Upgrades, migration, administration and consolidation of enterprise storage appliances like Netapp FAS, EMC VNX, ISILON, VPLEX.
- Administration of ISILON using OneFA mgmt. software, performed CIFS, NFS shares.
- Configuration and troubleshooting Storage backup and data migration using SnapVault, Snapmirror.
- Plan and set up DR sites for remote locations DC and performing disaster recovery testing half yearly.
- Provide recommendations on capacity planning, performance enhancement, standardization, backups, best practices, and data retention to customers
- Scripts written for automating routine management tasks and for report generation.
- Develop and build knowledge base/wiki/SOP for the Storage Support and to perform daily tasks/incident.
- Monthly/Weekly Report preparation, presentation to client. Presentation of Capacity report Quarterly with stakeholders/management.
- Drove process improvements for internal IT team, steps taken for KPI improvement.
Storage and Backup Lead
- Managed offshore support team of 7 members and support of Storage, backup and Unix environments. Supported systems of HAL sister company.
- Plan and manage project schedules, deliverables, risks involved by Coordinating with other teams and stake holders.
- Manage contract negotiations, vendor selection, procurement and budgets for all network and data center projects.
- The development and maturity of processes and procedures around operations, incident management, change management and problem management.
- Managing 1000+ server spread across 3 data centers, 1 PB storage and backup environment.
- Delivered technology refresh and consolidation of Enterprise storage arrays.
- Datacenter migration and virtualization of 300+ physical linux servers to new DC resulting in saving considerable amount of investment and operational expenses.
- Allocation, de-allocatio using Storage Navigator, Confidential Command Suite, HSNM2
- Configuration of replication using Confidential Replicator-HUR and administering the replication between two sites.
- Involved in the installation of VSP, AMS remotely with the help of Confidential Support at new sites. Done seamless migration of data from the USP to VSP .
- Administration of 5 production Netapp filers and 4 backup filers. Migration of data from one filers to other in case of space crunch.
- Management of Qtree, CIFS, NFS shares.
- Maintain and update documentation for SOX compliance requirements.
- Provide support for hardware break fix, software changes and Data center migration activities.
- Worked on ITIL processes for support services. Followed change management and problem management process.
Offshore Project Lead
- Managed offshore support team of 12 members, ensuring ITIL process followed by team, resource management.
- Participation in CAB calls for getting change approval from Advisory Board .
- Preparation of weekly/monthly reports
- Coordinate with clients and internal team for project scoping, issue resolution and status updates.
- Responsible for following ITIL process with strict SLAs, change management, problem management, incident management.
- Performed daily Unix server task like file system management, disk management, space management.
- Performed installation, upgrades as per technology changes. Regular patching Unix systems and automating regular tasks.
- Worked at onsite for various small project implementation for better understanding Client requirements and getting client confidence for developing script for critical bank transfers between Mainframe and Application systems. Delivered the projects as per their expectation and on time.
- Backup and restore operations of Sun servers using different backup tools
- Administration of Veritas Cluster and participating every Quarter in DR test.
- Automation of Server performance monitoring by creating scripts and scheduled for better tracking of systems.
- As backup tower lead started couple of new projects, participated in finalizing SLA, SOW. Ramping up resources by hiring at offshore and at onsite for new projects.
- Led a team of Backup resources in completing the process of KT, Secondary and Primary phase of a new projects.
- Created SOPs for Backup projects and worked for starting new projects of datacenter support
- Worked for stabilizing the Storage and Backup environment to achieve zero escalation.
- Installation, upgradation of Netbackup Server/clients as and when required.
- Managed and monitored around 15000 backups jobs running on US, UK and APAC environment. Troubleshooting the backup failure issues with the help of vendor and other teams.
- Restoration of legacy backups as required for Audit by performing 2 levels of catalog importing of old backups
- Management of Storagetek tape library(STK) with 6500 tapes at each geographies.
- Media management, offsite tape rotation, scratch tape management.
- Job scheduling and troubleshooting scheduled jobs using Autosys.
Senior Unix Administrator
- Managed 500+ Solaris Servers, Veritas Cluster, HP omnibackup remotely.
- Implementation and administration of server, desktop, and network infrastructure implementation and administration of Sun Solaris 7/8.
- Managed user accounts and groups of heterogeneous Network using SMB
- File system management, performance management, disk management of Unix Servers
- Sharing file systems using NFS, samba, mounting remote file systems through AutoFS.
- Monitoring disk space and maintaining the disk quotas.
- Backup management using HP omnibackup, tape management
- Configuring Samba server for interconnectivity between Windows and Unix.
- Automation of common daily task by shell scripting and Perl.
- Planning and Patching of Unix Servers as per security alerts.
- Created and published documents for troubleshooting Solaris/Linux issues and new Standard Operating procedures (SOP)
Unix System Administrator
- Managed 5+ Enterprise Solaris Servers, Ipanet web Server, EMC clarion storages
- Implementation of EMC Clarion storage and migration of critical applications to SAN storage for better performance.
- Provisioned and decommissioned LUNs, path management using Navisphere
- Managed day-to-day Unix administrations task of user management, disk management, file system management, performance management.
- Configuration of applications like Iplanet Web server, Weblogic, Oracle database on Solaris Servers. Administration of Iplanet Web Server
- Key team member in troubleshooting Oracle and Web Application issues .
- Managed Solaris Servers, A1000 Raid storage, Iplanet web Server.
- Managing user accounts and groups of heterogeneous Network using SMB
- Configured NFS, samba shares and troubleshooting of access or performance issues
- Configured AutoFS for mounting and unmouting remote file systems through AutoFS.
- Disk space and Quota management and monitoring.
- Configuration and administration of Iplanet Web server on Solaris.
- Performance monitoring and tuning for improving Oracle database performance