- Cisco Certified Network Engineer with 7+ years of experience in the areas of Routing, Switching, Security and Load Balancing
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting, implementing, optimizing and testing of static and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and ability to interpret and resolve complex route problems.
- Maintained/Created Information Security programs for monitoring and updating corporate - owned web domains and web servers
- Monitored internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
- Recommended, implemented and monitored policies and procedures for appropriate network security Incident Response
- Implementation of traffic filters on Cisco routes using Standard and extended Access list
- Expert Level Knowledge about TCP/IP and OSI models
- In-depth expertise in the analysis, implementation, troubleshooting & documentation of LAN/WAN architecture and good experience on IP services
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP, reverse & proxy ARP, Ping Concepts
- Configuration and troubleshoot HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RSTP, MST. 10G related issues coming in network environment
- Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as MSTP, VLAN Trunks, HDLC, STP, and RSTP
- Experience in configuring HSRP and redistribution between routing protocols & troubleshoot them
- Hands on experience on Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k and 2k switches
- Implementation of HSRP, VRRP and GLBP for Default Gateway Redundancy
- Hands on experience with F5 Load balancer and DNS
- Excellent communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel and also can act as a mentor to less experienced personnel
- Expertise in concepts of wireless standards
- Expertise in implementation of traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, Prefix-List and Route Maps
- Hands on experience on Network Monitoring tools Solar winds, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, CUCM.
- Experience in EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- Extensive hands of experience with complex routed LAN networks, Cisco Routers and Switches
- Experience in the setup of Access - lists, EIGRP and tunnel installations
- Proficient in configuring VLANs and VTP database on various CISCO catalyst and Nexus Switches
- Excellent soft skills such as Teamwork, Negotiation, Analysis and Effective Communication
Cisco Platforms: Nexus 7K,5K,2K & 1K,Cisco routers (7600, 7200, 3900,3600, 2800,2600,2500,1800 series & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500,4900,3750,3850, 3500, 4500,2900 series ) ASR1001,2900,3900,7200,7600 & ASR9000 series
Juniper Platforms: MX,EX series Routers and Switches
LAN Technologies: SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Light weight access point, WLC.
WAN Technologies: MPLS, VPLS, Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC, (E1/T1/E3T3), DS3, OC192
Network Security: Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX.
OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows (2000/2003/2008 , XP), UNIX, LINUX
Routing: RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, BGP, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing
Gateway Load Balancing: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
Various Features / Services: IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP.
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer NetScout, SNMP, Cisco Prime, Ethereal, HP open view
Load Balancers: F5 Networks (Big-IP) LTM 6400, Citrix Load Balancer
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Server 2003/2008, Vista, 7, 10), Linux
Firewall & Security: Checkpoint ( NGX R65, R77-80), Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, ASA 5505 Firewall, Juniper Net Screen firewall
Confidential, NJSr. Network Engineer
- Configured Cisco2900, 3900, 4300 series routers upgraded IOS Images and installed respective licenses in all the routers.
- Configured Cisco Catalyst Switches 3560-CX, 2960-CX in LAN Campus.
- Configured Cisco Catalyst 4500-X for Core and Distribution purposes.
- Created and updated Visio diagrams for the same and stored in the Share file.
- Configured Cisco AP’s using WLAN controller.
- Hands on experience on configuring Cisco AiroNet 2700, 3700 series Access points in WLAN Controllers 5508, 8540.
- Hands on configuring Cisco ASA 5525 FW in the Network Remediation Project.
- Implemented QOS to conform the ACA standard.
- Strong hands on Network Circuit WAN upgrades, MPLS Circuit upgrades.
- Worked with ISP providers for Circuit upgrades for LAN Campuses.
- Hands on Cisco Cube Experience and VOIP Infrastructure.
- Brought up sites replacing old routers, switches with new routers.
- Also replaced EOL and EOS routers and switches in the firm.
- Created and implemented DUO VPN for dual authentication for Cisco any connect. For the same created VPN tunnels.
- Hands on experience on various tickets involving Network issues.
- Strong hands Network Monitoring tool Solar winds to monitor control and mitigate the Network.
- Active On-call Resource Engineer for Network issues in the firm.
- Configure Monitor and Troubleshoot Cisco WAAS devices 0E294, OE594, OE694.
- Installed Security licenses for Cisco Firepower FP4110 NGFW appliances.
Environment: Cisco ISR 4451, ISR4331,ISR 2951Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco AP’s 2700, 3700, WLAN Controller, ASA 5585, Solar winds, VPN, Confidential -Radius, Tacacs, ACS, SNMP, Infoblox, DNS, DHCP, OE294,OE594,OE694
Confidential, Rhode Island
Sr. Network Engineer
- Key contributions include troubleshoot of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Responsible for layer 2 securities which was implemented using a dedicated VLAN ID for all trunk ports, setting the user ports to non-trunking, deployed port security when possible for user ports
- Hands on experience on Network Access Control(NAC)
- Hands on experience on NAT ( Network Address Translation )
- Hands on Experience testing iRules using Browser(IE), HTTP watch
- Convert Campus WAN links from point to point to MPLS and to convert encryption from IPsec /GRE to g et VPN
- Implemented and configured GLBP (on core switching and also for VPN redundancy), HSRP on different location of office on the switched network and managing the entire multilayer switched network
- Hands on experience configuring Fortinet NGFW 3000 series.
- Troubleshoot and installing of CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus devices
- Created documents for various platforms including Nexus 7k, ASR1k enabling successful deployment of new devices on the network
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7k series switch.
- Experience with configuring Nexus 5548 with nexus 2248 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 7010.
- Perform ISSU upgrades on nexus devices with nexus OS 6.2 on nexus 7010 devices with SUP2E line card.
- Configured and maintained IPSEC and SSL VPN's on Palo Alto Firewalls
- Successfully installed Palo Alto PA-3060 firewalls to protect Data Center and provided L3 support for routers/switches/firewalls
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Best practice implemented on Cisco & Juniper routers and switches.
- Implemented new devices Juniper MX-80 and MX-104 series as per policy reviewed by network architect.
- Worked on F5 LTM series like 7050, 5050, 2200 for several applications and their availability.
- Responsible for the configuration of Virtual Servers, Nodes, and load balancing Pools and configuring load balancing algorithms.
- Configured Session based persistence and I have leant configuring writing i-Rules for specific redirection purpose and also i-rules for persistence
- Configuring various advanced features (Profiles, monitors, I Rules, Redundancy, SSL Termination,
- Persistence, SNATs, HA on F5 BIGIP appliances SSL termination and initiation, Persistence, Digital
- Certificates, Executed various migration/upgrade projects across F5 and hands on with F5 BIGIP
- Experience with leadership of staff within the Information Security Management function
- Configured IPSEC VPN tunnels between Checkpoint and other non-Checkpoint endpoint devices using IKE pre-shared keys, 3DES and MD5
- Handled RFC4510 is an Internet protocol for accessing distributed directory services that act in accordance with X.500 (LDAP) Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
- Responsible for multivendor firewall administration across our corporate networks
- Hands-on familiarity with Microsoft Certificate Services and rela ted components
- Worked on Active Directory and its integration with Microsoft PKI
- Support development, maintenance, and management of PKI policies in accordance with the department Directives and local Instructions
- S pecifications, techniques, and standards such as but not limited to public key cryptographic key standards, certificate management protocols, and certificate validation
- Follow all Change Management Policies and Procedure Experience with certificate-enabled applications, such as SSL/TLS, S/MIME, authentication, EFS, 802.1X, Code Signing, etc.
- Large enterprise IT consulting, administration, or support experience
- Assist and troubleshoot Cisco Meraki solutions remotely including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless networks
- Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core ASA firewall
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Involved in the modification and removal of BGP from the MPLS routers
- Also prepared documentation for various Vlans and Voice sub-networks and worked on Visio for the same.
- Performed basic security audit of perimeter routers, identifying missing ACL’s, writing and applying ACL’s
Environment: Cisco Catalyst 7509, 6500, 4500, 4000, 3750, 3850, 3560, F5 BIGIP LTMs-6900,Cisco ASA 5525 firewalls, Power Connect Switch 5548,Infoblox,MPLS,Multicast,Nexus-7k, Palo Alto 5060,PCI,SOX,OTV,VPC,Nexus-FEX,IOS,IOS-XR,NX-OS,IPSEC, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS, ASR 1k,9k,cryptography,L2&L3 VPN, Metro Ethernet,802.1Q,Riverbed Steelhead, UCS, Multicasting.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Hands on experience of working with OTV & FCoE on N exus between the datacenters and Nexus 7000 series
- Negotiate VPN tunnels 10G using IPSec encryption standards and also configured, implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN
- Proactively involved in upgrade, maintenance, monitoring and support for the PA500 Palo Alto devices.
- Configured IPSEC VPN on SRX series firewalls
- Configuration and troubleshoot on HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RSTP, MST. 10G related issues coming in network environment
- Handled Various Cables and allotted networks(NAC)
- Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to their segment between different vendor switches (Cisco, Juniper)
- Configured STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches
- Worked on Network design and support, implementation related internal projects for establishing connectivity between the various field offices and data centers.
- Designed and configured of OSPF, BGP on Juniper Routers and SRX Firewalls Juniper MX series Internet service providers
- Managed teams of front line security analysts, investigators, and change/incident engineers
- Developed a deep understanding of the prospective customer purchase process and assist with pre-sales activities
- Troubleshoot and installed CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus devices
- Ensure Network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgrade
- Supported EIGRP and BGP based network by resolving level 2 &3 problems of internal teams & external customers of all locations
- Handled all the Firewall Migrations from Cisco ASA to Fortinet on a Global Scale.
- Worked on the migration to new Checkpoint R75 firewalls from Juniper firewalls
- Firewall Policy implementation on Checkpoint NGX R52 and R54.
- Provided daily network support for national wide area network consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site
- Worked on different Cisco & Juniper devices of access, distribution and core
- Experienced with Juniper: EX-2200, EX-4300, EX-4500, MX-480 and SRX550 trouble shooting
- Having hands on experience with f 5 Local and Global Traffic Managers (LTM >M )
- Configured objects such as Load Balancer pools for local traffic management on F5 Load Balancers
- Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 6900, configured profiles, and provided and ensured high availability
- Completed service requests (i.e. - IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades, etc)
- Experience on modules like APM, ASM and AFM .
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy at various sites
- Configuration and extension of VLAN from one network segment to their segment between Different vendor switches (Cisco, Juniper)
- Ability to self-direct and work independently when necessary and clearly articulate technical concepts / issues to both technical and non-technical peers and management
- Contribute to overall process improvements and network documentation
- Migration of existing IPSEC VPN tunnels from Pre-Shared key to Certificate Authority for purpose of scaling
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches
- Updated the HP open view map to reflect and changes made to any existing node/object
- Handled SRST and implemented and configured the Gateways, Voice Gateways
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support
- Having Hands on experience with (LDAP) Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- Designed and implemented Cisco VoIP infrastructure for a large enterprise and multi-unit office environment. Met aggressive schedule to ensure a Multi-office reconfiguration project which was successfully delivered
- Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security
- Experience with the quality department Cisco QOS and maintenance teams
Environment: Checkpoint-R65,R70,NGX,VPN,Solar Winds, IP, IPSEC, Confidential -Radius, Tac-acs, ACS, SNMP, Infoblox, DNS, DHCP, OSPF Troubleshooting, Bigip, F5-LTM-1600, 3600, GTM, Viprion, Active Directory, OSPF, EIGRP, Out-look servers,Nexus-7k,Cisco Routers-7600, 7200, 3800, Cisco Switches-2950, 3500, 5000, 6500,HSRP,GLBP,ACE-GSS-4400,VM-ware-ESXi-6,Vsphere,Vcenter,UCS
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Monitor the operability and reliability of the network
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing
- Configured and troubleshooting of EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, LACP
- Configuration of Standard and Extended ACLs for Security
- Technical assistance for LAN/WAN management and complex customer issues
- Troubleshoot the issues related to routing protocols
- Have hands on experience on network cables.
- Managing, troubleshooting and monitoring the network using Network Monitoring tool
- Network Security implementation with Cisco IOS Feature Set, NAT, and Simple Network Management Protocol
- Provided support for troubleshooting and resolving Customer reported issues
- Performed IOS upgrades on Catalyst 3550, 2950, 1900 switches, and 3600, 2600 and 2500 routers
- Provided support for global network including T1/T3, ATM connections using HDLC and Frame Relay on 2600, 4000 series Routers
- Installed wireless access points (WAP) at various locations in the company
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 routers with HSRP and VRRP
- Implemented and configured routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Responsible for SNMP Monitoring and Performance Tuning software
- Designed WAN structure to prevent single point of failure in case of link failure
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting of connectivity problems using PING, trace route
- Planned and Implemented Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses
- Experience with the quality department Cisco Qos and maintenance teams
Environment: Cisco Catalyst 7509, 6500, 4500, 4000, 3750, 3850, 3560, F5 BIGIP LTMs-6900,Cisco ASA 5525 firewalls, Power Connect Switch 5548,Infoblox,MPLS,Multicast,Nexus-7k, Palo Alto 5060,PCI,SOX,OTV,VPC,Nexus-FEX,IOS,IOS-XR,NX-OS,IPSEC,Frame Relay, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS, ASR 1k,9k,cryptography,L2&L3 VPN, Metro Ethernet,802.1Q.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Provided estimated bandwidth requirements for data replication, to best determine adequate timing for Migration service levels
- Configured HSRP between VLANs, Configuring Ether-Channels, and Port Channel on 6500 catalyst
- Switches Replaced branch hardware with new 2851 routers and 2960 switches
- Implemented WLAN Aruba Wireless Access Points and its Controllers at various corporate sites fort
- 802.11n Infrastructure and its legacy technologies
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus 5000 series switches for data center
- Configured OSPF on CISCO devices with multiple routing processes and redistributed them. Tested and hands on experience in multi area OSPF topologies
- Configured, managed and troubleshoot networks using routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP and OSPF (Single Area and Multi Area)
- Assisted with troubleshooting all network issues with routers and switches when necessary and consulted with on Call tech as needed for client
- Monitor, troubleshoot, test and resolve Frame Relay, ATM, MLPPP, PPP, and Dial-up
- Configured/Troubleshoot issues with the following types of routers Cisco (7200, 6500, 4500, 1700,
- 2600 and 3500 Series to include bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, NAT, and DHCP
- Assisted with customer LAN MAN, router/firewalls
- Configured VLANs with 802.1q tagging. Configured Trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating
Environment: Cabling, OSPF, ASA, IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, VTP, CSS, HTTP, HTTPS, Access Control Lists, Standard and Exrended Access lists, Vmware.