- A dedicated and enthusiastic professional well versed in Cisco network platform.
- Over nine years’ experience spanning the Engineering and Information Technology industry, with emphasis in Wide and Local Area Networking, with an ability to work in a fast - paced and mission-critical Network environment, exhibiting excellent communication skills, with proven success as a team player displaying the commitment and discipline to work independently.
LAN: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit, 10 Gigabit, Wireless
WAN: MPLS, Frame Relay, T1, DS3, OC3 Point-to-Point links
Protocols: IP, SNMP, PIM Dense/Sparse mode, IEEE 802.1D/1W/1S, PVST+, SIP, H.323
IP Routing Protocols: RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
Equipment: Cisco Routers 7606, 7206VXR, 2811, 2821, 3825, 3845, 2621, 3640, 1700, Cisco Catalyst Switches 6509, 6504, 4500, 4900, 3750, 3560, 2960. Cisco Nexus 5000 series switches and 2000 series fabric extenders.
Content switch: CSS11503 load balancer, Cisco ACE
VPN: ASA 5550, 3030 Concentrator
Firewall:: Cisco PIX and ASA
Network Management Tools: MRTG, CACTI, CiscoWorks, HPOpenview, Wireshark Protocol Analyzer, SolarWinds, Observer
Network Application: Cisco ACS, Exchange, DNS, DHCP
Desktop Application Software: MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Access, MS VISIO 2010, Adobe Studio CS3
Video Conferencing: Tandberg MXP -1700 Video Endpoints and Movi v.3 Clients, SIP and H.323
Operating System: Windows and Mac OS
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provide network support to Confidential employees, consisting of all the different bureaus under the Confidential .
- Create, track and resolve reported network related incidents using the Remedy Ticketing system.
- Monitoring Confidential LAN/WAN device activities utilizing SolarWinds.
- Configuration and installation of Cisco ACS 5.2 for Confidential WAN device authentication purposes.
- Perform routine network maintenance on all Confidential WAN devices (Routers, switches and firewalls).
- Maintenance of existing Confidential wireless network infrastructure using Cisco 4400 Series Wireless LAN Controllers and Cisco AIR-LWAP1300 Series access points.
- Work with team members to proffer a cutting edge solution to existing Confidential (MIB) network infrastructure.
- Apply requested changes on the Confidential ASA 5500 series firewalls to enhance traffic flows within and outside the Confidential network.
- Configuration, installation and deployment of Cisco Any Connect solution using ASA 5500 on end user devices (Windows XP, 7 and Mac) for secure authentication with the Confidential network.
- Respond to all requests made for firewall changes on the Confidential network.
- Prepare technical documentation of configurations, diagrams, processes, procedures and systems for all Confidential WAN related systems.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Design, plan and implementation of new WAN sites.
- Design, plan and execution of Confidential Data Center expansion which involved the integration of Cisco Nexus Solution (Nexus 5596 switches and 2248 fabric extenders) with existing network infrastructure.
- Design, plan and implementation of Confidential /Military One Source project (This involved configuration and installation of WAN devices at the new Confidential /MOS WAN sites in the Arlington, Chesapeake (VA) and Richardson (Texas) locations.
- Installation and configuration of companywide rollout of Cisco Catalyst 6509, 6504, 4500,4900, 3750, 3560, 2960 switches including dual core implementation, VLAN configuration, 802.1q and ISL trunk configuration, use of link aggregation protocols(Pagp and Lacp) and Spanning-Tree protocol.
- Maintenance, upgrade, configuration and installation of Cisco 7606, 7206VXR, 2811, 2821, 3825, 3845, 2621, and 1700 routers.
- Setup, configuration and management of VPN Remote Access with ASA 5550 for over a thousand users.
- Deployed and managed Cisco Network Admission Control (in-band implementation) for VPN users with Clean Access Server and Clean Access Manger.
- Planned, designed, implemented and managed Disaster Recovery Site.
- Monitoring of LAN/WAN device activities utilizing CiscoWorks, SNMP, and HPOpenView.
- Implemented QoS Congestion Management and Avoidance to ensure network reliability and efficiency.
- Setup and managed Wireless network for all sites.
- Coordinated all end-user projects as assigned.
- Prepared technical documentation of configurations, diagrams, processes, procedures, systems and locations.
- Isolated complex network problems and initiated solutions for corrective action.
- 24/7 on call support provided on a rotational basis.
- Worked with ISPs to resolve WAN link issues.
- Assisted in troubleshooting complex layer 1, 2 and 3 connectivity using Wireshark protocol analyzer and recommended solution for better performance.
- Integrated Tandberg Video Conferencing into Reston Data Center Network.
- Configured Tandberg MXP - 1700 endpoints and Movi clients.
- Use of SIP and H.323 in setting up calls between endpoints.
- Wic card installation on Cisco 1800 series routers, IOS upgrade on Cisco1800 routers and 3500 series switches.
- Configuration of Cisco 1800 routers, 3500 switches and Adtran 56/64 DSU/CSU in compliance with client site specifications.
- Installation and testing of the configured equipment at the designated ATM sites.
- Effectively Installed Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 Standard edition.
- Tested and carried out troubleshooting of the Microsoft office communication server before deployment to client machines, this included; enabling: Audio/video and web conferencing, setting up IM live meetingtest of SIP (session initiation protocol) to ascertain sign-in and instant messaging Connectivity between users.
- Configuring conference add-in for Outlook, assigning Web components server (IIS) certificate, set up of VMware ESX 3.0.1 Server.
- Set up and testing of Microsoft Virtual server 2005 R2.
- Use of RDP to connect to server and client machines.
- Installation of MozyPro enterprise remote data backup for remote backup of client data.
- Windows standard edition R2 server build and test.
- Installation of Symantec Bright mail AntiSpam V 6.0 for spam, virus and email threat defense.
- Installed, tested and deployed Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0, on client machines.
- Use of WSUS 3.0 to deploy updates to client machines and manage distribution of updates.
- Proficiently developed and executed technical strategies supporting enterprise-wide operations
- Configuration of Confidential Cisco 7613 and Juniper routers.
- Implementation of Confidential software in ensuring IP and LAN block addresses were unique.
- Executed various install, upgrade, disconnect, hot cut and regroom orders.
- Configured both MPLS and DIA/Q-DIA Circuits
- Responsible for maintaining technical infrastructure in support of business objectives.
- Monitored server logs, performed data backup activities, managed user accounts, and performed regular diagnostic checks, with on time phone support as at when needed.
- Communicated with senior management, critical issues and system status on a weekly basis.
- Identified and recommended potential business opportunities(e.g. introduction of POS machines)
- Managed and maintained inventory of various Hardware equipment (e.g. Switches, Routers, Servers, Desktops, printers, Inkjet cartridges, Toner cartridges, flow line papers.)
- Established and maintained collaborative relationships with IT vendors, ensuring services were utilized efficiently and cost effective.
- Established a proactive and action oriented environment, which facilitated the timely resolution of technical issues, minimizing to the barest minimum system downtime.
- Performed network layer one projects (cabling, patching, rack mounting devices)
- Performed basic switching configurations (assigning users and systems into respective VLAN and IOS software updates)
- Performed Network monitoring activities (NOC)
- Provided client support based on specific needs and business requirements.
- Interacted extensively with clients to troubleshoot, identify, and repair LAN/WAN connectivity and computer-related issues.
- Maintenance of (SOHO) LAN for an architectural firm of over 50 architects.
- Collaborated with clients to develop long-term strategies and capacity planning in order to meet future technology needs.
- Accountable for managing desktop hardware, core server, and networking components, with a view to ensuring optimal functionality.
- Delivered comprehensive training sessions to over 50 clients on a monthly basis, on the use of various Microsoft Office products.
- Commended for consistently providing outstanding customer service.