Senior Programmer/Analyst with experience in COBOL, CICS, JCL and Java. Utilize agile management principles developing and maintaining Policy Administration and Licensing, Commissions and Agency Administrations systems. Develop and maintain applications in Confidential HATS build on top of the legacy policy administration system. Develop and maintain automated billing process for group customers. Implement a weekly commission payment process by reusing existing software.
Confidential, Bedford, Texas
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Managed projects requiring multiple developers.
- Designed and implemented commission advance process for advance on submission.
- Built an application in Confidential HATS to provide browser screens to perform tasks using the legacy policy administration system.
- Converted commission payment system from allowing only monthly commission payments and statements to provide weekly and bi - weekly payments and statements, as well.
- Designed and built name and address screen to replace free form screen and automate generation of correspondence when updating names and addresses.
- Utilized web-service to load agent information to the legacy agent administration system from an electronic application system.
- Developed, maintained and supported policy administration, agency administration / compensation, and premium accounting systems.
- Provided 24 hour on-call support for policy administration system, agency / licensing / commission system, new business system, check writer and correspondence systems.
- Performed supervised maintenance of various insurance applications.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Junior Software Engineer
- Maintained financial and agency systems
- Provided 24-hour on-call support.