- A professional Network Field Engineer with extensive experience in Network/Broadband Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated successful repair of xDSL/Broadband/ATM/Transport equipment and systems that
- Covers a variable geographic area.
- Proven ability to test and turn up DS3’s, DS1's and Confidential & Confidential 5ESS Switching Systems.
- Provides reliable and dependable support to the centralized NOC in trouble - shooting, diagnosis and repair of circuit and carrier trouble.
Network Field Engineer
- Responsible for understanding the installation and operating standards of Bellcore and/or IXC/ILEC.
- Manages the testing and trouble-shooting of circuits using industry standard test equipment (TTC, HP, Sunrise, Fluke, etc).
- Provides installation and maintenance for NewBridge 36170/3600, Cisco Routers, xDSL and ATM Platforms.
Network Field Technician
- Installation and maintenance of Nortel Network/Cisco Router equipment.
- Installation of fiber optics and cat 5 cabling, patch panels and DSX cross-connects.
- Responsible for the installation of telecom data equipment Confidential MDF/IDF locations.
Senior Network Operations Specialist
- Responsible for the installation and maintenance of voice and data equipment, such as: Cisco Routers, M13 Multiplexes, CSU/DSU and Modems.
- Provides protocol and service support to various services, such as: Frame Relay, ISDN, Confidential -1 and Confidential -3.
- Interfaces with the Service Management Center and Private Line Service Center Repair Agencies to provide expedient trouble resolution to customers.
- Installation and maintenance of fiber optic OC12, DS3, DS1, Multiplexes, and digital cross connect equipment.
- Operated DS1 and DS3 test set equipment. Performed cutovers of DS3 circuits and installed NewBridge 36170 ATM Network Switch Shelves.
- Managed OC3 and OC12 equipment.
- Installed, activated, and performed quality assurance testing on voice and data communications circuits.
- Responsible for all Customer Premise cabling/wiring, cable testing and connection between Customer Premise and Central Office location, Central Office wiring and testing.
- Installed and configured various types of communication equipment including: modems, Confidential -1’s, D-4 channel banks, low-speed digital multiplexers, Confidential & Confidential and Codex DSU’s.
- Performed quality control testing on all circuits using the Fireberd 6000 Data Analyzer, transmission impairment test set, and oscilloscopes.
- Installed, along with personnel from NET, an IDNX 90 to include cutover of trunks and special circuits.
- Supervised a team that was responsible for providing Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN) and POTS telephone service to over 2000 subscribers, including office and private residences.
- Managed all DMS 200 cable pairs map testing and all Central Office wiring.
- Installed and maintained Confidential & Confidential 5ESS Switching System, including all Central Office wiring and testing in Dial Central Office (DCO) environment.
- Responsible for programming phone number adds, changes and moves.