Seeking a Senior Data Storage Consultant / Solutions Architect position.
Software: Microsoft Visual Studio C#, Microsoft SharePoint, MS SQL Server, Reporting Services, Java, Perl, Shell Scripting, Mobile Computing using iphone sdk / Windows SDK, Confidential Powerpath, ECC, SnapView, MirrorView, NetApp Operations Manager, Virtual Desktop, Virtual Server, Oracle RAC Cluster, Cloud Computing, Tivoli, Symantec Enterprise Vault, NetBackup, Legato.
Data Storage: Confidential Symmetrix, Clarrion, ECC, Confidential, Centera, NetApp, Rainfinity, Hitachi, IBM Storage, IBM San Volume Controller, Acopia / F5 ARX1000 NAS Virtualization, VMware ESX, HP - UX, AIX, Solaris, Windows Server, Windows 7, Brocade, McData, Cisco switches. NAS Virtualization, SAN Virtualization, Disk Library, VTL, Tape Backup, Avamar, Data Domain
Operating Systems: HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, VMware ESX, Windows Server 2003, Linux, IBM 4341 OS-VS, NetBSD, DART, Confidential - Confidential Cluster Server, Symmetrix Storage, Clarrion Storage, Confidential Storage, SUN Storage, Network Appliance Filers, NAS, SAN and Storage Infrastructure.
Infrastructure: Cisco Copper, Fiber Switches. Brocade / McData Switches. Qlogic, Emulex HBA’s, FCOE, iSCSI and Fibre Channel Protocols. Disaster Recovery and Highly Available Applications Design, Planning and Implementation. Remote Replication and Restore. Branch Office Data Storage Deployment and Automation.
Data Storage Engineer
- Worked with Confidential and Confidential Isilon data storage. Performed data migration from Confidential to Confidential .
- Performed data migration planning and design for data data migration from Confidential to isiolon.
Data Storage Engineer / Solutions Architect
- Design and Architect the migration of Data from Westborough Data Center to Durham Data Center.
- Data involves Terabytes in size and allocated to several hundreds of servers.
- Centera, Linux, VMWare.
Data Storage Engineer / NAS Architect
- Manage day to day operations of Data Storage.
- Create NAS Migration plans to consolidate and migration.
- 200 TB NAS Storage CIFS / NFS Shares located on NetApp 3040 Filers and Confidential Filers to NetApp 3140 Filers.
- Tools and utilities used are DataDomain, Varonis, Robocopy, Rsync, XIV, Clarrion.
Confidential, Princeton, NH
Data Storage Engineer
- Manage day to day operations of Data Storage or 1 Petabyte Storage located in several data centers in US and overseas.
- Design and planning, co-ordination and communication of Data Migration.
- Consolidation of 18 Data Centers into 2 Data Centers.
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Data Storage Consultant
- Performed day to day activates of Provision, Monitor, and Reporting on 500+ TB of SAN / NAS / CAS Data Storage from Confidential, IBM, and NetApp. Worked with Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows Server, VMware ESX servers. Scheduled Maintenance and hardware, software code upgrades. Flare Code, Sym Microcode, ECC Infrastructure and several other software / hardware tools.
- Daily Operations, support and Maintenance of 600+ TB SAN storage consisted of Confidential Clariion, Symmetrix and IBM Data Storage in two data centers.
- Provision, Monitor and Reporting of the storage usage. Prepared scripts to generate the Data Usage and Performance Monitoring Reports.
- Provision to Windows, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux VMware ESX Servers. ECC and other Storage tools. Performance trouble shooting and Root Cause Analysis of storage related issues.
- Daily Operations, Support and Maintenance of 80+ TB Confidential Content Address Storage Arrays and Symantec Enterprise Vault Archiving support for Email Data, Avamar, Data Domain.
- Implemented SAN Virtualization of Confidential Clarrion storage devices using IBM San Volume controller for efficient data migration between legacy storage arrays and new state of the art arrays. Designed and Developed Architecture plan for Storage, Server, Infrastructure for the virtualization and Data Center Migration.
- These consisted of Removal of the Powerpath mutlipathing software and configure the servers with native mutlipathing software.
- Reconfiguration of the switches to accommodate the SAN Virtualization.
- Convert and migrate the luns on the Clarrion / Symmetrix Arrays to a format that is supported by IBM SVC and present them to hosts which included AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Windows Server, and VMware ESX.
- Daily Operations, support and Maintenance of 180+ TB NAS storage consisted of Confidential and IBM/NetApp N Series Filers in two data centers. Provision, Monitor and Reporting of the storage usage.
- Prepared scripts to generate the File Aging Reports for the Information Archival project using Symantec Enterprise vault.
- Designed and implemented Data Recovery and protection using SNAP and Snap Mirror.
- Used VFilers on NetApp and CIFS/Virtual Data Movers on Confidential . Data Migration between Confidential -NetApp and vice versa to accommodate the growing needs of customers who consisted of User Home Drives and Departmental / Group Folders. Active Directory integration of CIFS/VFilers.
- Developed procedures and provisions for data monitoring to comply with the Sox / FDA and Regulatory compliance.
- Implemented Mixed Mode NAS Filer Permissions for NFS / CIFS Data
- Implemented Kazeon Devices to work with NAS Filers to assist the legal team to manage the data and comply with the ongoing litigation and legal data files and folders.
- Implemented Acopia ARX NAS Virtualization Device for providing the Global Name Space and unified and seamless data access and data migration between Confidential and NetApp Filers.
- Designed and developed NAS Storage for Virtual Desktop project using the VMware and Citrix.
- This consisted of maximizing the benefits of Data DeDuplication, Golden Image for Desktop VMware Desktops.
- Designed and implemented Data Domain Data DeDuplication Devices for the efficient use of Tape Backup resources and eventual plan for the Tapeless Data Centers.
- Part of the Cloud Computing for Data Storage Design and implementation initiative, which involved the exploring the Amazon Cloud and several other Cloud providers and services.
- Application Architecture for utilizing the Could Computing Global Resources.
Confidential, Providence, RI
Data Storage Consultant / Architect
- As a Storage Administrator and Architect worked with Confidential, NetApp storage.
- Provision, Monitoring and Reporting.
- Provisioned storage to Windows, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris Servers.
- SAN/NAS Migration and Data Architecture.
Data Storage Consultant / Architect
- As a Storage Administrator and Architect worked on Confidential.
- It is an Confidential internal Oracle Financials project which utilized Peta Bytes of NAS SAN Data Storage.
- Worked with 300+ Database team and provisioned and monitored Confidential SAN and NAS Storage to 600 Dell Servers.
- Established DR site where another 600 Dell Servers are located.
- Performed Data Migration using rSync.
- Prepared Project Plans and Management Reports.
Storage Integration Engineer
- Worked on Confidential NAS Filers.
- Designed and developed Emulex and Qlogic Fibre Channel Drivers embedded into DART Operating system.
- Confidential NAS Filer connects to Confidential Symmetrix and Confidential Clarrion Arrays.
- Design, coding and testing of the drivers.
- Used Clariion and SYM CLI for accessing the storage arrays.
- Volume Logix.
- Helped with the debugging of the drivers, Data integrity tests, Highly Available Features, Failover Features, Load Balancing, and Symmetrix Remote Data Features.
- Worked with Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, and Windows NT/2000 servers in the SAN/NAS Configurations with Confidential Storage
- Created several Perl Scripts and also used C and C++, GDB for the development and debugging of the Confidential Server.
- Integrated Sun Workstations, Windows NT Workstations into NAS/SAN with NFS and CIFS Protocols. RAID and Storage Micro Code development.
- NAS/SAN Performance Planning and System Enhancements.
- Worked with Several Fibre Channel Switches like Connectrix, Brocade, and McData.
- Conducted Integration and Tests on the Hardware RAID Board that is an OEM product by DPT. It is a 2 Channel Confidential Ultra80 Board.
- Conducted Various Functionality tests for the board on SUN E250 and E450 Servers.
- Used Solaris and several Solaris Tools.
Cluster Storage Engineer
- Worked on Confidential very fast Multi Channel Confidential RAID Adapter Boards.
- Performed various Manual RAID Testing and Automated Microsoft HCT qualifications.
- At Hardware level BIOS, Firmware, Multi Board testing with several Dell and HP Platforms.
- Managed the RAID Cluster Lab to 75-80 Test Machines under RAID Testing using Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000-Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Data Center Server.
- Developed software modules for testing Semiconductor Testing Hardware Equipment.
- Teradyne has developed a Low Cost / High Performance Semiconductor Test machine called J750.
- Designed and Developed Windows NT 4.0 Device Driver software for a Compact PCI based Data Acquisition Board.