- Senior Enterprise Storage Consultant - with a demonstrated history of success in hardware and software storage design, configuration, integration, support, and administration.
- Complete knowledge of SAN and NAS protocols, operating systems, applications, server/workstation/system integration, and data conversion/migration. Efficient, competent, and conscientious - able to manage simultaneous projects within schedule and budget.
- Successful in rapidly analyzing and resolving multidimensional technical issues to maximize data security, system availability, and business continuity.
Hardware: HP N, K, L, D Class Servers - Nortel Op Tera Switches - NetApp Storage Appliances Brocade 4100 & c-Class Switches - HP EVA Storage - Cisco ONS15xxx Switches - Sun Class E Servers Cisco 9000 FC Switches - Sun Ultra-class Servers
Software/Operating Systems/Languages: UNIX/AIX - UNIX-HP-UX Windows 98/XP/Vista/7 - UNIX-Sun Solaris - Oracle10 - SQL Plus - NetApp OnTap7.x/8 OnCommand Suite - SnapMirror - SnapVault - SMSAP - Virtual Storage Console for VM VSphere
Networking: NIS - DNS - DHCP – SNMP – SMTP – FTP – TFTP – HTTP – FCP – CIFS – ISCSI - NFS FCoE – Brocade - Cisco FC Switches - Synchronous Mirrored Clusters
Data Security: Veritas/Symantec 5X software – Veritas NetBackup - HP storage solutions
Senior Lead Storage Consultant
- Managed OnCommand Insight environment along with implementation and utilization of OnCommand Suite products
- SAN Administration of storage arrays on an enterprise level within a multiple site environment
- NAS Administration of storage arrays on an enterprise level within a multiple site environment including production, test and development
- Collaborated with technical architects, project managers and solution delivery directors on a daily basis
- Designed and implemented VSC backup and recovery procedures for VSphere VMDK s
- Troubleshooting on various file, backup, high availability applications servers
- Manage backup data protection and data life - cycle efficiency.
- Project work in a SME capacity implementing, upgrading and maintaining entire NAS environment
- Troubleshoot complex performance issues along with array spindle performance.
- Provision and management of NSeries and Fas6xxx Storage arrays along with the creation of procedural and operational documentation
- Configure and administer Recovery Point Objectives at different levels for enterprise mission critical applications.
- Perform data replication, both local and extended distance using SnapMirror,SnapVault
Senior Storage Engineer
- Architect using OnCommand Insight 6.3.2 formerly SanScreen/Onaro.
- Setup and configure new hosts and arrays according to best practice guidelines.
- Deliver NetApp and IBM N - Series Ontap 7.x to 8.x storage migration.
- Design and implement storage and server automation via scripting.
- Performed extensive research and troubleshooting on storage dependent Unix and Windows systems.
- Administer NAS and SAN connectivity from storage array to Unix and Linux server clusters.
- Install, Configure, and Manage C-Mode in Lab Environment.
- Subject Matter Expert for Netapp, N-Series, and VMware.
- Troubleshooting on various file, backup, high availability applications servers.
- Support SAN and NAS environment - IBM, HP, Brocade, McData, Cisco.
- Configure and manage OnCommand Insight (OCI) formerly SANscreen or Onaro.
- Manage petabytes of data across numerous of arrays and frames.
- Created standard operating procedures for disaster recovery events and testing in multiple locations.
- Performance tuning of Storage arrays and other operating systems for best performance.
- Data integrity, space management, and system performance analysis. Produce standard operating procedures on various customer technologies.
Senior Storage Engineer
- Assigned as Netapp Storage Engineer to provide remote Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) support services
- Provide Multi level technical support for diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving software and hardware issues such as NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol; CIFS remote file sharing protocol. Perform configuration on NetApp Filers Including management of NFS, CIFS, LUN Management (iSCSI & FCP).
- Maintain storage capacity as needed to existing systems. Allocate shares/storage to new servers as needed. Maintain reports on disk utilization, availability and growth patterns. Maintain 24/7 availability to facilitate uninterrupted data functionality.