- Ten plus years of extensive technical experience in overall system administration. Primary capabilities include LAN/WAN management, Windows administration, Desktops, Networking, Cybersecurity and Virtualization.
Software: Windows Server 2012 & 2016, Active Directory, MS Exchange 2016, Windows 7&10, Office 365 & 2016, Avamar, Carbonite, Symantec Anti - Virus, VMware 5.5 & 6.5, Hyper-V, Terminal Server, AWS, Azure, Teams, SCCM 2012, Citrix XenApp
Hardware: Dell, HP, Apple, Cisco, Sonicwall, Palo Alto Networks, Cisco ASA, Cisco VOIP, Polycom, Printers, Wireless Networks
Desktop & Network Administrator
- Responsible for administration of Windows 2012 &2016 Server Infrastructure.
- Administered Active Directory services for Windows groups and domains.
- Implemented virtual servers utilizing VMware, and Windows Hyper-V Server.
- Responsible and assisted in administering of various cloud base environments.
- Assisted in storage and disaster recovery utilizing Acronis & EMC Avamar backup solutions.
- Responsible for administering Exchange 2012 & 2016 email environment.
- Administered remote environments utilizing RDP, Citrix & LMI.
- Responsible for Windows 7 and 10 systems deployments utilizing MS SCCM 2012.
- Assisted in the administration of global wide desktops and laptops backup and restores.
- Responsible for all desktop, laptop, Macs and Office Pro 2016 & O365 support issues.
- Administered Linux systems for the R&D, QA and Software Development departments.
- Administered Android and Iphone mobile units utilizing MS Intune.
- Responsible for tier 2 user support over the phone for remote support utilizing a variety of remote tools.
- Project lead on various client and infrastructure projects for upgrades, security and enhancements.
- Assisted in the administration of DNS, DHCP, VPN, FTP, File, Anti-Virus and Web servers.
- Administered company’ Confidential firewalls, routing, wireless and switching infrastructure.
- Administered and enforced company technical policies and procedures by utilizing GPOs and PowerShell scripts.
- Assisted in the automation of software and security updates for the windows client environment.
- Performed systems refresh for new locations and expansion builds of LAN and WAN environments at remote sites.
- Responsible for administration of R&D, QA labs and manufacturing systems.
- Assisted in the administration of Cisco VOIP phone and video conferencing system.
- Administered security for enterprise wide Servers, Clients and Mobile devices.
Confidential, Belmont, CA
- Responsible for administration of Windows 2003 &2008 Infrastructure.
- Administered Active Directory services for Windows domains.
- Implemented virtual servers utilizing VMware Server.
- Administered Storage and disaster recovery utilizing BDR and tape backup solutions.
- Responsible for administering Exchange 2003, 2007 & 2010 email environment.
- Maintained email spam and virus protection systems utilizing Red Condor, Postini & GFI.
- Administered remote environments utilizing Terminal server, Citrix, RWW & Direct access.
- Administered all windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 systems for deployment.
- Responsible for all desktop, laptop and MS Office 2003 & 2007 support issues.
- Responsible for the administration of DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN, FTP and Web servers.
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Migration of company’ Confidential Windows 2000 Infrastructure to Windows 2003.
- Assisted in the migration of MS Exchange 2000 to MS Exchange 2003 server.
- Responsible for all desktop, laptop and MS Office suite support issues.
- Implemented & maintained spam and virus protection systems.
- Responsible for Storage and disaster recovery plan utilizing off-site colocation.
- Administered the company’ Confidential firewalls, routing, switching and wireless infrastructure.
- Maintained network backups & restores utilizing Backup Exec software.
- Responsible for warehouse inventory and shipping systems.
- Designed and implemented companywide Windows 2003 Infrastructure & mail system.
- Implemented the migration of Lotus Notes to MS Exchange 2003 server.
- Created and enforced department’ Confidential policies and procedures.
- Responsible for strategic planning, licensing agreements and budget forecast.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors to save the IT department over 35% in yearly expenses.
- Successfully supervised and trained junior administrators and desktop support staff.
- Responsible for strategic planning for the company’ Confidential IT department future infrastructural growth.
- Assisted in the maintenance and administration of company’ Confidential colocation data center.
- Implemented and Maintained companywide phone and voicemail systems.
- Implemented and maintained systems deployment and patching environment.
- Managed and assisted helpdesk support for all desktop, laptop and mobile issues.
- Designed and implemented company’ Confidential wireless network.
- Responsible for Storage and disaster recovery utilizing snap and HP NAS servers.
- Responsible for the administration of DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN, FTP, File and Web servers.
- Administered company’ Confidential firewall, routing and switching infrastructure.
- Maintained network backups & restores utilizing Retrospect 7.5 & Backup Exec 11d backup software.