- 6 years of experience in IT industry with deep experience on Cloud Implementation and Migration, Cloud services, Cloud security, Infrastructure as Code, Containerization/Orchestration, Configuration Management, CI/CD etc.
- Extensive experience in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud services which include EC2, EBS, S3, Glacier, Storage Gateway, VPC, Route 53, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, CloudTrail, RedShift, Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, Dynamo DB. And, also worked in migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Chef, EBS and Ops works.
- Hands on experience in Installation, configuration and administration of RHEL 6.x/7.x/8.x, AIX 6.1/7.1/7.2, Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora and SUSE Linux 10.x/11.
- Involved in working with code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code across multiple environments and Linux Administration.
- Experience in working with Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates for automating Infrastructure provisioning as Code - for example, VPC’s, ELB’s, Security groups, SQS queues, S3 buckets etc.
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines, Fabric controller, Azure AD, Azure search and notification hub.
- Migrating On - premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Application Insights, Document DB, Internet of Things (IoT), Azure Monitoring, Key Vault, Visual Studio Online (VSO) and SQL Azure.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and maintaining popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat.
- Involved in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, CloudFormation and AWS.
- Experience in Azure Fabric Services.
- Process automation using scripting languages such as PowerShell, Ruby, Bash, Python, PHP, PERL, XML, JSON.
- Expertise in App Containerization technology Docker, creating Docker images, Containers, Docker Registry to store images, cloud-based registry Docker Hub, Docker Swarm to manage containers.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance health checks and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaces versions and good understanding of Open Shift Platform in managing Docker Containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Encrypt and decrypt Application data with an HTTP (TLS) API call. Key management, encryption algorithm, and more are offloaded and centrally managed by Vault.
- Proven record of performing a variety of assembly operations, Excellent knowledge of general warehouse arrangement, item recognition codes using Packer
- Hands-on experience in implementing Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage change by writing Python code by using Ansible Python API to automate Cloud Deployment Process.
- Extensively worked on Chef Roles, Cookbooks, Recipes, Templates, Resources, Attributes & Data bags. Configured Chef Server Enterprise on-premise, workstation and bootstrapped the nodes using knife and tested Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and Chef inspect.
- Configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet-master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. And hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules and packages stored in the GIT repo.
- Experienced using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Log Stash, and Kibana) to see logs information. Monitor & get the health & security notifications from nodes. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch. And Implemented Instances and Prometheus on Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo and Drone for Continuous Integration and strong experience with integration of Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experienced in working with various databases Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Good experience with networking fundamental on DNS, routing, subnets, VLANs, WAN.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and flexible to provide afterhours support for key business applications.
Confidential, Northbrook IL
Cloud / DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Involved in building and maintaining Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS CloudFormation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Worked in AWS environment, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Elastic Block Storage), Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, SNS, IAM and Cloud Watch.
- Used IAM to assign roles, to create and manage AWS users, groups, and permissions to use AWS resources.
- Created Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) of EC2 instances for backup and creating clone instances. Creation and Configuration of S3 buckets with restricted policies.
- Created EBS volumes to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots. Performed Data Back-up of Amazon EBS volumes to S3 by taking point-in-time snapshots.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources like EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, EBS volumes to set alarms for notification or automated actions to monitor logs for better understanding of the operations.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server-less architecture (AWS Lambda) and Migrated data from Datacenters and on-premises to Cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Performed all necessary day-to- day GIT support for different projects, Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies
- Designed CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Chef and build the deliverable artifacts using Maven as a build tool in Jenkins for Java applications and deploy them to various environments.
- Setup the Puppet Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management and Puppet-master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation. Have hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create manifests, modules and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Worked on implementing Kubernetes cluster with Docker to provide a platform for automating deployment, scaling, operations of application containers across clusters of hosts.
- Developed and maintained Docker images for a tech stack and written Java services running on Kubernetes.
- Configured Jira workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features with build and release process.
- Worked on ELK for server monitoring, also used Net scalar and monitoring tools like Nagios for Load Balancing and Controlling flow of traffic.
Environment: Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Git version Control, Maven, Puppet, Nagios, Jenkins, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53, EBS, IAM, ELK, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Auto Scaling), Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira.
Confidential, Houston, TX
DevOps / Cloud Automation Engineer
- Involved in defining, developing and maintaining an Application Release Roadmap over different environments to facilitate an agile development process which is automated and repeatable enabling teams to safely deploy code many times a day while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
- Develop and deploy resources using Azure ARM Templates and maintain and support infrastructure for teams using Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Worked on configuring Azure web apps, Azure App services, Azure Application insights, Azure Application gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic manager, App services, Analyzing Azure Networks with Azure Network Watcher, Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure stack, Azure Backup and Azure Automation, Azure Data Factory, Data Flows, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL.
- Created Azure PowerShell script for APIM backup and restore operations and created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the common issues on Windows machines.
- Experience in database design and development using SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access.
- Deployed the tools Microsoft Azure Cloud Service (PaaS, IaaS), and Web Apps.
- Experience in creating Data Lake Accounts and Data Lake Analytics Jobs in Azure Portal
- Implemented Azure Application Insights to store user activities and error logging.
- Migrated the Azure CXP Tools to HTTPS based authentication using SSL encryption.
- Using Jenkins, for testing and automation deployment retrieving code from Bitbucket, compiling and building applications and performing tests using SonarQube and deploying to various (Dev, QA, Staging and Production) environments.
- Used Jenkins and Pipelines which helped us drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Experience in using Docker and setting Azure Container Registry with Docker and Docker-compose and actively involved in deployments on Docker using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Python scripts to automate the health check process for Dynamic Inventory in Ansible.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment. And used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Package.
- Worked on Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and writing playbooks for Ansible using YAML and deploying applications.
- Used ANT as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Converting the ANT Build projects to Maven Build projects.
- Monitored servers, switches and ports using Nagios Monitoring tool and assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards.
- Deployed JAR, WAR & EAR artifacts into the Web Logic servers and Apache servers.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
Environment: Microsoft Windows AZURE, Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure Network, Microsoft Azure Storage, SonarQube, Groovy, Web Applications, Virtual Machines, Shell scripting, BitBucket, Ant, Maven, Nagios, Jenkins, Ansible, Splunk, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache.
- Linux Administrator in a large team responsible for maintaining Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11.
- Updated and automated Release reports for Change Management. Created SVN configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing. Adding servers to the domain and managing the groups and users in Active Directory.
- Create and Cloned Linux Virtual Machines, Templates using VMware vSphere Client, vRealize and migrating servers between ESXi Hosts.
- Building & configuring RedHat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through Crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Administered RedHat Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, Mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production.
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks. Involved in writing Python, Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment in SDLC.
- In charge of reviewing existing manual Software Builds, developing scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risks using Shell scripting.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers.
Environment: Linux, RHEL, Microsoft Windows, TCP/IP, Agile, WebLogic, MySQL, Apache, JBoss, Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Python, Shell, Active Directory.