- Around 5+ years of experience in IT industry with ability to all aspects of the software configuration management(SCM) process, AWS, DevOps, Build, Test and Release Engineer and Linux Admin.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, design specification, Building, Migration, Training, Deployment and Production Support.
- Extensive experience in Linux/Unix system Administration, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting on RHEL 6.x/7.x.
- Experience of Jenkins, Bamboo, VS Build Pro, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, Maven. Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using MAVEN and used tools like SonarQube to check the integrity of code and Nexus and JFrog.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository, Implemented and maintained Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) Pipelines in Jenkins using the Tools like Git, Bit Bucket, Maven, Cucumber, JUnit, Nexus Repository, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes within environments such as DEV, QA, STAGING, and PROD.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, and Apache Tomcat Server and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Experienced in developing Ansible roles and Ansible Playbooks for the server configuration and Deployment activities. Used Puppet as a configuration Management tool, Created Modules and Manifests in Puppet to automate various application.
- Professional experience dealing with Windows Azure IaaS, migrating, and creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, Cloud Services, VPN, Load Balancing, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE.
- Experience in Configuring and Deploying instances on AWS & AZURE DevOps.
- Worked on Chef/Puppet cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code and used scripting languages for automation such as Ruby, Shell, and Python.
- Worked with AWS Code Pipeline and Creating Cloud formation JSON templates which is converted to Terraform for infrastructure as code.
- Created Python scripts to automate AWS Services which includes Cloud front, Lambda, ELB, database security and application configuration also developed the scripts to take backup of EBS volumes using AWS Lambda, CloudWatch.
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), IAM, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, EBS, ELB, Elastic IP, S3, Microsoft Azure, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Installed, configured multiple operating systems onsite and provisioned similar instances on AWS cloud and set up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket .
- Hands - on Experience working on Migrations from On-Premises to AWS Cloud, created cloud front for accelerated delivery of websites, APIs, and content by routing the traffic using Route 53.
- Provisioning Cassandra DB cluster on AWS EC2 and ELB with automated Terraform scripts. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Knowledge on Docker based container deployments to create self-environments for dev teams and containerization of environments delivery for releases.
- Configured and administered Monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, and AWS Cloud Watch etc.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving communication and interpersonal skills. Providing 24*7 support for various production related environments and troubleshooting.
Operating System: RHEL 6/7, CentOS, Ubuntu, and windows
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Nexus, JFrog, SonarQube, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker
Scripting language: Shell, Python, and Ruby Scripts, YAML
Databases: Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, Oracle
Build Tools: Maven, ANT, MS Build and Gradle
Web & App. Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic and Web Sphere
Cloud services: AWS EC2, VPC, ELB, IAM, SNS, RDS, EDS, Cloud Watch, PCF
SCM Tools: GIT, Subversion, and Bit-Bucket
Issue tracking/SDLC: Agile, Scrum methodologies, Jira
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable, and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Designing and implementation of public and private facing servers on AWS Cloud, Configured and managed various AWS Services including EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, and Route 53 etc. Created users, roles and groups using Identity Access Management (IAM) and attached the required policies.
- Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible. Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates , terraform along with Ansible to render templates with Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker. Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures, and managing containers.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, machine, compose and Docker registry. Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks using Python modules to manage configurations of Open stack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven using tools like Git, Bit Bucket, Maven, Cucumber, JUnit, Nexus Repository, Ansible, Docker, Docker central, Kubernetes and Oracle DB for deployment and build management system. Defined branching, tagging and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects, installation and configuration of Jenkins to support Java builds and Jenkins Plugins to automate continuous builds and publishing Docker images to Nexus Repository.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle, worked on setting up the automated build on Docker HUB.
- Hands-on experience designing, planning and implementation for existing On-Premises applications to Azure Cloud, Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services, created Azure key-vault in order to store all the credentials for SQL databases and for API keys.
- Created Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment Pipelines in AZURE DevOps environments by providing their dependencies and tasks. Configured and deployed Azure Automation Scripts utilizing Azure stack Services and Utilities focusing on Automation.
- Created several pods using Master and Minion architecture of Kubernetes and developed microservice on boarding tools leveraging Python allowing for easy creation and maintenance of build jobs and Kubernetes deploy and services.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of Amazon EC2 instances using KOPS, Build Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed local deployments in Kubernetes creating local clusters and deploying application containers.
- Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on AWS and used Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment of the CI/CD system to build, test deploy.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Ansible, Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code checkout the process, configured plugins for integration tools to the version control tools.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, deploy chain and GIT with Migrating the applications across environments such DEV/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases. Created a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Bamboo, and GitHub.
- Configured and monitored infrastructure using Nagios, Splunk, ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes Web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration.
Confidential - Charlotte, NC
- Manage the build activities of multiple teams, delivering multiple releases of services and applications. Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for the development, staging and production software environments and interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF. Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF. Migrating On-Premises Infrastructure to AWS Cloud focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling.
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and act on what is important and stayed up to date with what is going on around the project.
- Continuously look to improve the scalability of the build, release and deployment processes and operation. Coordinate and support project branches merging process with source code control.
- Created resource group which includes Virtual Machines, Network Interface, Virtual Networks, Sub-Nets, Load Balancers, Storage Accounts, Functions and SQL databases.
- Evaluated Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations. Created and implemented chef cookbooks for deployment and used Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Knowledge and expertise on all aspects of Chef concepts like chef server, workstations, nodes, chef clients and various components like push jobs, supermarket etc.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker HUB and Docker registries.
- Worked with AWS Code Pipeline, Configured and Managed EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3 Buckets, VPC, Security Groups, ELB, Auto scaling, ElasticCache, Glacier, SNS, SQS, SES, CloudWatch, ECS, CloudTrail, CloudFormation.
- Creating CloudFormation JSON templates to create custom VPC. Migrated a production infrastructure into AWS utilizing Code Deploy, Code Commit, Knowledge of Amazon ECS Clusters and able to manage containers in it.
- Used Ansible to Setup ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution. Utilized Ansible and AWS lambda, elastic cache and CloudWatch logs to automate the creation of log aggregation pipeline with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack (ELK stack) to send all our team's logs coming into CloudWatch, to process them and send them off to Elasticsearch.
- Configured POM file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Integrated GIT with Jenkins using the GitHub plugin to automate the process of source code check-out by providing the URL and credentials of the GIT repository.
- Installed, configured, and administrated all LINUX servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat, CentOS operating systems.
- Developed automated deployment scripts using python to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server. Developed the automated build and deployment using ant and Jenkins using tomcat.
Confidential - Houston, TX
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed build and supported the Software Release Management procedures and deployment processes.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects. Created the branches in Subversion and Perforce to implement the parallel development process.
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system by providing EO/managers rights to trigger required build. Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both Subversion and Perforce.
- Implemented GitLab for version control of puppet modules and process documentation, used JIRA for change control & ticketing.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
- Implemented Puppet Version 3 for Automation in the Non-production environment and utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Handled Code reviews and merging Pull requests, resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers. Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR and WAR.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems. Developed and maintained integration and release processes, create scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Responsible for Connectivity issues among various Servers and various software components as well as setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy .
- Deployed the applications to Web sphere Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Managed and administrated of all UNIX servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying relative patches and packages at regular maintenance periods using Red Hat Satellite server, YUM, RPM tools.
- Installation and administration of RHEL 6.x and Configured kickstart server and updating patches to the servers using Red Hat Satellite server. Tune the Servers and configuring networks for optimum performance
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, replacing disk drives.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy, user account maintenance, backup & recovery, Auto-mounting, License Management, Printer configuration.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and hard drive status. Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS 4.0 monitoring Performing failover and integrity test on new servers before rolling out to production.
- Deployment and Configuration of application server Tomcat deploying Java and Web Application.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Used Chef for managing server application server such as MySQL, Apache Tomcat Installation, configuration, and customization of services Send mail, Apache, FTP servers to meet the user needs and requirements.
- Writing Shell scripts for automation of daily tasks, documenting the changes that happen in the environment and in each server, analyzing the error logs, analyzing the User logs.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems with the OS build failures. Performing kernel and database configuration optimization such that it limits I/O resource utilization on disks.