- Experience in Windows Administration and Virtualization implementation which includes Windows 2008\2008R2\2012/2016 and 2012R2 Server Administration, VMWare, Active Directory, VDI, DNS, DHCP servers, ITIL Process, LAN/WAN/Network and Citrix Administration. Extensive experience in VMware vSphere & Windows administration (Both Tier 3 & Tier 2 - support)
- Performed several Windows 2008 to 2008 R2, 2008 R2 to 2012 upgrades.
- Experience in creating and applying ESXi 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.5/6.0/6.5 Host profile, Storage profiles.
- Experience in cloning and creating Templates from VMs, Snapshot and using vSphere features like vMotion, Storage vMotion, DRS and HA. Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS, FTP, Terminal Server, ADFS.
- Active demonstrated strong analytical, troubleshooting and Interpersonal skills with a customer focused approach.
- Experience with x86 / x64 Intel, HP & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Experience on tools like BMC Remedy, Tanium & Service Now. Knowledge on iSCSI SAN, NAS, NFS storage and RAID concept.
- Knowledge on Exchange and Office 365. Trend Micro &McAfee EPO Antivirus Virtual Server Implementation and Administration.
- System Administration-Managing Users, Groups, Roles and Access Permissions.
- Set up and monitoring performance using BMC patrol, SCOM. Installing Cisco UCS, Dell and HP Servers
- Experience in building VMware virtual servers and physical servers with Windows 2003/ 2008/2012/2016.
Operating Systems/AD: Microsoft Windows Server 2016/ 2012/2008/2003 , Microsoft Active directory 2012/2008/2003
Virtualization tools: VI 3.x, vSphere 4.x, 5.x, 5.5, 6.0 vCenter, VMware Update Manager,VRA, FT, HA, DRS, DPM, vMotion and Storage vMotion, SCCM, SRM, Thinapp, VMware Workstation, P2V/ V2V Conversion, Hyper-V, Veritas Enterprise Vault, EPV (Enterprise Password Vault).
Hardware: HP, Compaq, Dell desktops/laptops/servers
Windows /VMware Consultant
- Implemented and administered Windows Server 2016/2012 R2/2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 Servers in the Dev, Test and Prod Environments.
- Performed VM Migration across different vCenters.
- Configured VMware vSphere 6.0 Hypervisor in VBlock with 19 clusters.
- Designed, deployed and configured DR site.
- Provisioning and Maintaining Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 Servers.
- Scheduled jobs for updating the Firmware and involved in the Data Center Transformation.
- Create, Modify and Utilize PowerShell scripts to query the Active directory for report generating information.
- Experience in Active directory, GPOs DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, IIS (Web Server), IIS FTP, Terminal Server, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering and Exchange Mail Server.
- Update patches on Production/Development/Test Servers with SCCM.
- Created Active directory group policies (GPOs) based on Domain, Site and OU structures to apply for users, workstations and Servers.
- Resolved Problems related to Disk Space Usage, Processor Usage, Memory etc.
- Perform day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VM's.
- Keep Virtual hardware and VMware tools updated to keep a healthy environment.
- Trend Micro and Symantec Endpoint Protection - Enterprise virus scanning deployment and maintenance.
- Maintaining Print servers, Application servers and File Servers.
- Experience in installing and configuring vSphere ESX 6.0 and ESX 6.5 on CiscoUCSand Dell servers.
- Extensive knowledge in advance features of VMware vMotion, SvMotion, HA and DRS including vSphere Update Manager.
- Experience in configuring VMware virtual machine port groups, console ports groups, VMkernal port groups and vlans.
- Experience in installation and administration of Domain Controller (DC), Additional DC, CDC, RODC clients and Member servers.
- Played a vital role in Creating Virtual Machines, cloning virtual machines, converting P2V, VM-Provisioning taking Snapshots of virtual servers, HA, DRS, and vMotioning.
- Experience on creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in a VMware clusters.
- Create thin provisioned VMs to suite client application requirements and expanding hard disk sizes as requested by clients.
- Implemented and administered Windows Server 2016/2012 R2/2008 R2 Servers in the Dev, Test and Prod Environments.
- Configuring IIS 7.5 and 8.5. Performed NAS to NAS storage migrations through Dell Secure Copy Tool
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate various tasks in on Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Configured site-to-site and client VPNs and identify and resolve firewall and VPN connectivity issues.
- Installed Windows Update/Patches, Software and Performed Diagnostics on 2012 R2/2008 R2 servers.
- Installed and/or upgraded Puppet Agent services configuration on 2008 R2/2012 R2 servers.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of the Technical issues.
- Performed domain migrations from NAC to ADS.
- Deploying the applications, perform day to day operations and hosting websites on the web servers.
- Ensured that all tickets and phone calls are handled within appropriate service level agreement time frames.
- Perform Installs, configure and support Microsoft technology solutions on windows 2008/2012/2016 platform hosting web and database applications, while maintaining security patches, antivirus updates, backups, monitoring and performing routine server maintenance.
- Experience with VMware Convertor for server migration from P2V and V2V.
- Experience and Strong familiarity with Security Policy Management and Implementation, Vulnerability Management, Access Control Measures.
- Worked on Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations, patterns, and practices in Windows Azure and in Azure web and database deployments.
- Implemented Azure Resource Manager Template and extensive experience in creating custom build steps using PowerShell.
System Administrator (Vmware/Windows)
- Deployed and configured 2008 and 2012 R2 on virtual and physical platforms.
- Installing, configuring and managing Virtual Infrastructure, ESXi 3.5, VCenter, vSphere.
- Apply patches to all the ESXi hosts in the environment whenever required.
- Configuring Resource pool and DPM.
- Hands on experience in VMware products Vsphere 4.0 to 6.0.
- Server consolidation with VMware converter (P2V and V2V conversions).
- Creating Resource Pools and Setting limits on CPU and RAM.
- VMware infrastructure 4.0, 4.1, 5.0 / vSphere installation and configuration.
- Deployed windows server as vm's.
- Taking care of Patch Management in ESXi Server through Update Manager & Accessing the ESXi Server using Putty.
- Marinating activity updates and track and complete the scheduled activities within team.
- Daily monitoring of server's health status, Event Logs and disk spaces of critical servers to ensure availability.
- Coordinating with different teams, Vendors for any server or service down issues for faster restoration of affected services.
- Spearheading efforts across Installing, configuring & managing VMware ESXi 3.5, 4.0,4.1 & 5.0 as well as Installing, configuring & managing Virtual Center 2.5, vSphere 4.0, 4.1 &5.0, vSphere Client & License Server.
- Configuring Virtual machines using Templates, Hot clone, Cold Clone and Cold Migration.
- Troubleshooting issues related to Virtual Machine, vMotion, snapshots, clone and template.
- Configuring VMware vSphere Cluster features like High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduling (DRS).
- Installed and Tested VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM 4.x/5.x) for the disaster recovery and managed recovery plans.
- Developed blueprints for deploying virtual machines using vRealize Automation (vRA) and used the in-built plugins and pre-defined templates in vRealize Orchestrator (vRO).
- Built VMWare ESXi hosts from version 5.5, 6.0 on Dell& Cisco UCS blade and rackmount servers.
- Experience in installing Dell PowerEdge M620, M630, M830 Blade Servers into the Chassis Dell PowerEdge M1000e and configuring Chassis, PowerEdge M I/O Aggregator and managed the chassis using Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
- Used iDRAC to access Dell Servers, specifically M620, M630 and R630 and R730 model hardware.
- Involved in P2V and V2V conversion of Windows 2008 and 2012 servers by using Platespin Migrate & VMware vConverter.
- Created VM images through VMware vSphere Client for enterprise environments and support virtualization process.
- Installation, configuration and up-gradation of Windows servers 2008R2, 2012 and 2012R2 VMs'.
- Created & Implemented Host profiles for Multiple Hosts & added FC LUNs as Datastores to multiple ESXi hosts.
- Experience with vSphere6.0 features like HA, DRS, vMotion, Storage vMotion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions and templates.
- Creating and managing the VMware cluster with HA and DRS.
- Experience in administering Windows servers 2003/2008/2012 and building new windows physical/virtual servers as per the requirement of the project.
- Worked and managed DNS and DHCP servers to create forward and reverse DNS records, and also to create and configure DHCP scopes and DHCP reservations.
- Responsible in using BMC Remedy System for incident, change and problem management.
- Created new VMware virtual machines to meet the specifications provided by the Client.
- Configured vMotion for Hardware Resource Management.
- Troubleshooting the Hung VM Sessions on ESX Host and sending the files to VMware support for resolutions.
- Involved in creating vSwitches and created different ports groups for different purposes.
- Involved in troubleshooting the DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Maintained Web Servers by installing Microsoft IIS7.
- Active Directory and Operating System account management With NTFS permissions.
- Maintaining FTP Sites and creating Virtual Directories in IIS7.
- Created User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory.
- Updated and upgraded the ESX servers using vCenter update manager.
- Experience on creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in a VMware clusters.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXi 5.0/4.1 servers for server consolidation and Worked on vCenter Server to manage all the ESXi hosts in the datacenter.
- Performed disk consolidations to multiple VM's that failed snapshots which released virtual disk space from data stores.
- Responsible for implementing SRM for DR solutions in Dev & Prod Environment and used vSphere replication for live replication of the VM's.
- Deployed, administered, configured and troubleshot various components of Horizon view 6.x and desktop pools.Followed proper sequence for patching the VDI components on a monthly basis using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- Responsible for troubleshooting tickets created by users and application support team from various locations and worked with Citrix support in case of complex issues, working closely with business units inside the organization to deploy applications on Citrix servers.
- Integrated the Horizon vCenter with the vRealize Operations Manager for enhancing the overall performance of the ESXi hosts and the virtual desktops.
- Involved with designing and implementing VMware backup products.
- Maintained documentation for the VM's in the deployed environment.
- Perform server consolidation using VMware Converter to convert physical machines to virtual machines in a production environment.