- Highly motivated and positive Exchange engineer with 9 years of experience in Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Skype - for-Business, and Windows Server.
- Lead migration of mailboxes and resources from Microsoft Exchange 2013 to Microsoft Exchange 2016/Exchange Online with Office 365.
- Tested OWA, ActiveSync and protocol functionality for Exchange environments.
- Used built-in message trace to find failed emails.
- Coordinated and cutover name spacing for Exchange connections.
- Experienced with using PowerShell to manage Lync/Skype for Business and Exchange
- Experienced in writing technical documentation for use in operations
- Managed connection within server coexistence of messaging environment.
- Critical thinker who addresses support issues quickly and who consistently exceeds performance standards.
- Virtualization using Microsoft Hyper-V in Exchange migrations and client-side apps.
- Vast experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications including Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Serv Used BPA, Exchange calculator, and PowerShell to gather and assess metrics on the environment and calculate needs and scope.
- Configured DAG configuration for Microsoft Exchange 2013 and distributed database copies.
- Ensured users access to shared resources and calendaring.
- Used Remote Connectivity Analyzer to test mailbox connectivity, auto discover connectivity, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 2012
- Vast experience with virtualization concepts with Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi in a High Availability environment.
- Proficient in using IronPort for email security in Exchange email system to stop spam, viruses, and other threats
- Project management of project issues, budget concerns, and auditing as they arose.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills applied to troubleshooting Exchange mail problems and server load balancing solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of network captures and network troubleshooting
- Coordinated mailbox moves to Microsoft Exchange 2013 databases for users and ensured continued connectivity.
- Skilled in virtualization for testing, deployment and migration of Exchange on premise and Exchange online and migration of user mailboxes in Exchange.
- Experienced with routing and switching protocols, TCP/IP, QoS, VLANs, DNS and WAN protocols related to voice technologies
- Adept at the integration of Lync/Skype systems within a Cisco IP telephony infrastructure
- Skilled in Exchange, Lync, network engineering, planning and implementation.
- Used BPA, Exchange calculator, and PowerShell to calculate metrics to scale environment from three to five to accommodate expansion of users.
- Discussed transition plan, resources, timeline, and plan of action with team members and business management to finalize plans.
- Readied Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment for eventual coexistence by patching servers and applying updates.
- Deployed virtual server environment for Microsoft Exchange 2013 servers.
- Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 , Exchange 2016 on premise, Exchange Online/Office 365, Lync 2010/2013, Lync Server 2015/Skype-for-Business server, and Skype-for-Business online, Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus 7000 series switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco L2/L3 Switches
- Cisco USC Servers, Cisco Wireless Controllers, Dell Servers, Dell/EqualLogic iSCSI SAN, Dell Open Manage, DHCP, DNS, HP Servers, HP Insight Manager, IPsec, IPv4, iSCSI, MS Active Directory 2000/2003/2008 R2, MS Dynamics Great Plains
- MS Office 2000/ 2003/2007/2010/2013 /365, MS Terminal Services 2000/2003/2008 R2, MS Visio 2000/ 2003/2007/2010/2013 , MS Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MS Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012, Routing protocols (NAT, RIP), Salesforce Desk
- SSH, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec End-Point Protection, Symantec NetBackup Appliance, Symantec NetBackup, Symantec Norton Antivirus, Symantec Norton Ghost, TCP/IP, TELNET, VMware, ESX/ESXi, VMware, vCenter, VoIP, VPN
- Nmap, Angry IP Scanner, Network Scanner Pro, Zenmap, Tenable Nessus, Qualys, Burpsuite, Metasploit, Netsparker, Acunetix, Wireshark, Fiddler, Ettercap, Omnipeek, Snort, Hping2, Hping3, Kali Linux, Emailtracker Pro, Yesware
- DNS stuff, DNS watch, Cain and Abel, Rainbow Crack, Jack the Ripper, Social Engineer Toolkit (SET), Splunk, AlienVault, SolarWinds, NetSkope, Barracuda, Proofpoint, Ironport
Principal Microsoft Messaging Engineer
- Planned and documented requirements and risks.
- Conducted design study and provided documentation to shareholders and management.
- Ensured NIST 88-171/DFRAS compliance for deployment and company.
- Performed analysis of data in home drives and Groove.exe/OneDrive.exe inventory already deployed.
- Created and tested group policy to be used during implementation.
- Coordinated with FastTrack to complete pilot migration, verify data and resolve any issues.
- Coordinate with FastTrack to complete velocity migrations
- Troubleshooting of issues.
- Decommissioning of home drives.
- Experience using ADMT, IDfix and Quest for Active Directory user and object migration.
- Active Directory troubleshooting and support experience.
- Troubleshoot existing Autodiscover issues and free/busy connectivity with Office 365.
- One of the biggest challenges to this project was the minimal network bandwidth, so the migration must be done in a way that would not take down the network.
- OneDrive was already deployed, but with only approximately 2k out 12k in use.
- User-education was necessary, so I put together a training program for the end-users.
- Migrated from Groove.exe (old sync client) to OneDrive.exe (current sync client).
- Implemented Microsoft FastTrack and NetSkope as well as IronPort
- Created a FAQ knowledge base to address common OneDrive issues and operations.
- Spearheaded the transition of OneDrive support tickets from Messaging L3 to the L2 team.
- Created a strategy document for the migration.
- Successfully migrated smaller child domain of 500 users to main tenant.
- Configured ProofPoint gateway policies for mail filtering and routing.
- Configured large receive quotas for the cloud tenant.
- Created SPF record for the domain for protection.
- Tested Information Rights Management (IRM) and Azure Information Protection for implementation in O365 environment
- Monitored alerts for Threat Mitigation in SolarWinds
- Configured NetSkope to leverage its Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) services for O365 tenant
- Ensured Office 365 tenant remained in compliance with industry security standards
- Implemented ATP safe links, ATP safe attachments, ATP anti-phishing protection, and other threat protection policies in Advanced Threat Protection for O365
Environment: Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive for Business, Exchange 2013Principal Microsoft Messaging Engineer
- Participated in each step in a migration, including prep and post
- Set up and configured OneDrive, verified user licenses, and destination environment is creation and configuration.
- Identified early adopters and pilot users and planned migration and OneDrive Sync client deployment.
- Ran SharePoint Migration Tool assessment and prepared velocity migration schedule, pilot test migration, and validation and remediation
- Created a new admin account to provide admin access to both Inventory Manager and SharePoint Migration tool allowing access to each fileshare scanned/migrated.
- Used CyberArk, Inventory Manager, SharePoint Manager and SkySync to facilitate the migration of data to OneDrive.
- Used the Information Rights Management (IRM) function as its security solution for OneDrive and restricted to disallow external sharing.
- Used the Inventory Manager from FastTrack for analysis and reporting.
- Involved in Data Loss Prevention, Data Management, Data Transfer, Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Reduced volume of OneDrive support tickets escalated to L3 to prevent excess load on network during and post migration by users by using OneDrive GPOs to restrict upload and download speeds in the sync client.
- Reduced volume of OneDrive support tickets escalated to L3 by creating OneDrive troubleshooting documentation with scenarios and procedures and performing Knowledge Transfer (KT) session with the L2 team. I was able to hand-off responsibility for OneDrive tickets to the L2 support team by creating a service account in CyberArk. Virtually no OneDrive tickets have been escalated to the L3 queue since.
- Created a Strategy/Deployment document that outlines processes, risks, requirements for OneDrive migration
- Created a FAQ and had KT session with Office 365 L2 team. This reduced the number of OneDrive tickets being escalated to Messaging L3 team (my team).
- Worked with MS to create a script that scans all of the OneDrive sites in the tenant and removes a chosen account from any site that the account is a site collections admin of. A CSV is produced as validation.
Environment: Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint, SharePoint Manager, SkySync CyberArk, GPOs, FastTrack Inventory Manager from, Involved in Data Loss Prevention, Data Management, Data Transfer, Data Analysis and Reporting, Information Rights Management (IRM)
Microsoft Exchange Engineer
- Architected, implemented and primarily supported Lync 2013/Skype for Business Messaging and Exchange 2013 solutions
- Planned, architected and implemented Exchange 2016/Exchange online enterprise messaging solution with Office 365 leading a 4-man team.
- Designed, built and implemented company conferencing solutions using Lync 2013/Skype-for-Business 2015 running alongside Exchange 2016 hybrid environment.
- Interacted with internal customers to ensure continuity and customer satisfaction with the Exchange/Skype messaging service.
- Contributed to operational models, processes, and procedures for the enterprise messaging system based in Exchange and Skype.
- Responsible for deliverables of technical projects relating to Lync/Skype for Business and Exchange messaging systems, collaborating with enterprise solutions design to deliver build diagrams and run documentation for operations.
- Tier III support for Microsoft server Platform technologies: Skype for Business 2015/Lyc 2013, Exchange 2016/Exchange Online/Exchange 2013/Office 365, Exchange Unified Messaging, Active Directory
- Provided Tier III support for Lync 2013/Skype for Business and Exchange 2013 client systems
- Rendered VoIP/telephony management for users with PBX integration deployed with the intent to handle voice communications; including the ability to make inbound and outbound PSTN voice calls via PBX, gateway or SIP Trunk
- Plan, design, and implement Salesforce Desk helpdesk ticketing system.
- Create and maintain all system critical backups for Microsoft Exchange server, Windows server, Lync server and corresponding databases.
- Salesforce Desk helpdesk ticketing system used for issue tracking and service.
- Implemented VMware ESXi server infrastructure. Manager for all network rack buildouts for the CCIE Collaboration, CCIE Datacenter, CCIE route/switch, CCIE Security, and CCIE Wireless curriculum.
- Successful Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Mitigation of Exchange and Skype environment using Tenable Nessus, Hping3, Nmap, Metasploit, and Netsparker
- Hardened environment against phishing using Social Engineer Toolkit (SET) and end-user training
- Configured Email Security Gateways to implement whitelist, blacklist, and anti-spam policies
Office 365 Administrator
- Investigated user problems and identified their source, determined possible solutions then tested and implemented solutions in Exchange/Linc/Office 365.
- Performed diagnostics to troubleshoot and resolve problems within Active Directory in Exchange system prior to Office 365 migration
- Performed and oversaw software and application installation and upgrades related to Office 365
- Troubleshoot services offered in Office 365 applications and identified and corrected malfunctions and other operational difficulties
- Developed and conducted various training and instruction for system users on Office 365 services and other applications
- Helped with the migration to Office 365 cloud-based solutions including moving critical data, processes, and workflows
- Implemented DirSync services for directory service synchronization
- Deployed ADFS server for single sign-on functionality
- Utilized the administration portal to manage users accounts and mailboxes
- Troubleshoot all issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Completed Port Scanning with Nmap, Network Scanner Pro, and Fiddler
- Conducted email traces and information gathering with Email Tracking tools (Emailtracker Pro, PoliteMail, and YesWare)
- Executed OS Footprinting and Banner Grabbing using Nmap, Kali Linux, Hping3, and XAMPP
- Hardening of Office 365 environment via Authentication and Access Control management