- An accomplished Systems Administration professional with over 19 years of comprehensive experience in multi - site, multi-host, networked environments.
- Skilled in management of windows systems using industry standard software to maintain availability and compliance in an enterprise. Highly knowledgeable in all IT areas as well as business principles and processes.
- An honest, competent individual who has an excellent sense of teamwork and a commitment to, customer service, accuracy and objectives.
- Strengths include solid communication and problem-solving skills and adapting to change.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SCCM Engineer Consultant
- Consultant tasked with administration and project planning of an SCCM 2012 R2 CU5 infrastructure. Currently the resident SME for all things related to SCCM for Confidential . High level focus and direct input into integration of SCCM and Service Now to provide Software Self Service to all Confidential Employees. Focused on management of licensed software and usage, license harvesting, and successful deployment of advance technical software used in the oil industry. Evaluating Software packaging services to spin up a “Packaging Factory” to have all applications available in SCCM that is published for users in Service Now wherever possible. Daily tasks included but not limited to Distribution Point servers, client installation, Client remediation either manual or automated scripts and collections or using Desired Configuration Management in SCCM, PXE and imaging (OSD), application deployment, and modification of Software Applications/Packages, modification of Task Sequences and program command line structures. Building out Application Catalog Metadata, deployment of Software Updates, troubleshooting software and client installations via log files. Reporting compliance of deployments. Custom report creation.
- Involved in planning and execution for an AD Domain Collapse project to reduce the number of domains in the Forest from four down to one. This included migration of 2,000+/- clients from the dead domains to a new SCCM server and Site with all migration tasks to move clients, packages, applications, task sequences scripts, reports, etc. to maintain operational support of the environment.
- Work with Confidential administrators to provide training of site tech support personnel for Daily/Monthly operational tasks, Software Update Deployment, Application/Packages deployment using PSApp Deployment Toolkit (Based on PowerShell), VBScripts and Bat files, MSI and EXE installs. SQL Queries for database maintenance and backups, reporting functionality, log reading and diagnosis, setup automation of SCCM client failures and maintenance, OSD imaging failures, Package and Application install failures, operational troubleshooting, etc. Provided tier 3 support for workstation support group and all support for SCCM operations.
SCCM Engineer Consultant
- Contracted to Confidential as a SCCM Engineer Consultant engaged to setup an SCCM 2012 infrastructure for 38,000+ users in a school district environment.
- Consultant tasked with building an SCCM 2012 infrastructure. Worked with Confidential administrators to migrate from Symantec’s Altiris platform. Work included but not limited to Primary Site Server setup, Distribution Point Servers, installation of all Site System Roles to perform software distribution, Client installation, WSUS/SUP (Software Update Point), Reporting Services, Fallback Status Point, PXE and imaging (OSD), using PowerShell SCCM management cmdlets and scripts for administration tasks, etc. Daily tasks included: Client Installation, Application Deployment, Modification of Software Applications/Packages, Modification of Task Sequences and program command line structures. Building out Application Catalog Metadata, deployment of Software Updates, troubleshooting software and client installations via log files. Reporting compliance of deployments. Custom report creation.
- Provided documentation of the entire Infrastructure deployment with each Site System Role installation variables detailed and any changes from the SOW explained. Conducted presentation for Management and Site Support personnel outlining documentation and all changes implemented.
- Work closely with Confidential administrators to provide hands on structured training of site tech support personnel for Daily/Monthly operational tasks, Software Update Deployment, Application/Packages deployment, SQL Queries, Reporting functionality, log reading and diagnosis, SCCM client failures, OSD imaging failures, Package and Application install failures, operational troubleshooting, etc.