- 10+ Years of Professional IT Work Experience focused in the areas of Cloud AWS, OpenShift, DevOps, Build & Release and Linux to perform automating, building, deploying and release of code from one - to-other environments.
- Skilled in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in Cloud Technologies in infrastructure automation(Infrastructure as a Service-IaaS) like Amazon Web Services(AWS), VPC, EC2, Lambda, ELB, SNS, SQS, ALB, EIP, EBS, Auto Scaling, S3, Glacier, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Watch.
- Good knowledge in AWS Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT, subnets, load balancers, Auto Scaling groups, to ensure successful deployment of Web applications.
- Experienced in writing Terraform re-usable modules for infrastructure development in AWS and VMware.
- Experienced in managing applications secrets and sensitive data for organizational projects using Vault.
- Excellent experience in Source Control Management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Branches locking, Labeling/Tagging, accessing control and Integration using Git and TFS.
- Involved in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI-CD) using various CI Tools like Drone and Jenkins.
- Experienced with Configuration Management automation tools Ansible, Chef and Puppet scripts.
- Good understanding of automated containerized infrastructure like Docker and Kubernetes, leveraging Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes for service development, and cluster/monitoring for infrastructure service deployment and administration.
- Automating day to day tasks through Bash and Python scripting wherever required.
- Experienced in automated deployment of web and application servers like Jetty, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Skilled in project activities like Change Management, Deployment Approvals and Release Management.
- Experienced in Administration of Development, Test and Production environments carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Centos servers.
- Strong ability to work with development, QA and support teams to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support in production with the offshore/onshore team on a rotational basis.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Worked with deploying and monitoring the infrastructure with open source tool PM2 for Node applications.
- Collaborated with Cloud team to manage the PKIs; request the SSL certificates to update them before they expire making sure the environment is compliant.
- Worked on Terraform Enterprise modules to carry out deployments into AWS.
- Writing ansible playbooks for the applications to perform configuration management of application servers.
- Performed patching and service account upgrades for the development and production servers.
- Performed rotation of service account passwords every quarter to be compliant across environments.
- Performed the deployments using Jenkins builds for Node and Java applications.
- Interacted with onshore and offshore team for sprint planning and providing the handoff of tasks to offshore team to be completed in the sprint cycles.
- Resolved the build issues for the applications due to environment issues.
- Worked on network and storage capacities based on the usage and modifying them using Terraform scripts.
- Prepared documentation for the patching, certificate updates and service account upgrades and keeping them up-to-date.
Environment : Terraform, Ansible, AWS, Jenkins, Jira, Git, Linux, Nginx, Apache, S3, Dynamodb, CloudWatch
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Hands-on experience in providing cloud-based infrastructure solutions such as Infrastructure as Code in AWS, VMware vSphere, OpenShift and Triton with the following tools - Git, Packer, Consul, Vault and Terraform .
- Provisioned and managed cloud infrastructure via Confidential Corp Terraform Enterprise tool by writing re-usable modules.
- Experienced in writing Vault modules for ACL policies to maintain the secrets and sensitive data for various organization level projects.
- Implemented Terraform Enterprise modules for infrastructure applications in VMware and AWS and register services in Consul for our Red Hat and CentOS applications.
- Experienced in setting up Consul for Service Discovery and registering the services for infrastructure applications in the environment.
- Wrote Consul templates for various application to leverage service registry information during the deployment process.
- Implemented Bind exporter for scraping Bind metrics into Prometheus and configured Grafana dashboard.
- Designed and developed shell script to backup Consul snapshots into AWS S3 .
- Implemented a Proof of Concept for bootstrapping a Kubernetes Cluster using CloudFormation.
- Used Vault to store secrets during the deployment process and used it as the PKI to generate our Root CA for Kubernetes cluster.
- Experienced in configuring Sonatype Nexus and using it as a repository manager.
- Implemented Gitlab CI Pipeline to deploy the code.
- Created Containerpilot JSON to do service orchestration after the infrastructure deployment.
- Automate provisioning and repetitive tasks using Terraform and Python using Boto3 for AWS, Docker container Service Orchestration, Elastic Beanstalk as part of our infrastructure setup.
- Implemented Python REST API’s with RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Route53 and API Gateway for AWS.
- Having good implementation experience with installation and configuration of Kubernetes , clustering them, Helm charts and managed local deployments in Kubernetes and worked on EKS in AWS.
- Built and managed centralized application logging stack using ElasticSearch , Logstash and Kibana ( ELK ) deployed through Terraform Enterprise .
Environment : Git, Drone, Packer, Ansible, Consul, Terraform, vSphere, AWS, Blackbox, Grafana, Splunk, Prometheus, Sonatype Nexus, Bind, Kea, Consul, Kubernetes, Docker, Vault, Containerpilot, Prometheus, Linux, shell scripting, Puppet, Fabric, Nginx, Apache, Jenkins, Go, Git, Jira, Docker, AWS(EC2, S3, Glacier, Route53, VPC, IAM, Cloudwatch, OpsWorks, Cloudtrail, RDS, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Defined, created and maintained infrastructure for microservices architecture and provided applications deployment solutions by AWS Compute, Storage services and other services like EC2, Auto Scaling, Load Balancing, AMI’s, S3, Security groups, Target groups, IAM and KMS.
- Hands-on experience in providing cloud-based infrastructure solutions in AWS with the following tools - Git, Drone, Ansible, Packer, Consul and Terraform Enterprise.
- Provisioned and managed cloud infrastructure via Confidential Corp Terraform Enterprise tool.
- CI-CD pipeline is handled via Drone tool which runs on the base of Docker images.
- Built immutable infrastructure in AWS by using Drone, Packer, Consul and Ansible tools.
- Use of docker containers to build artifacts via drone to deploy them on to EC2 linux instances in AWS.
- Strong experience and understanding of cloud data security practices such as PKI; encryption and decryption of secrets, SSL certificates using Vault, Blackbox and GPG tools.
- Performed functions required for infrastructure development, configuration, deployment, support and troubleshooting of java and ruby microservices in cloud and on-premise DC’s for CentOS and Amazon Linux platforms.
- Configured and automated deployment of java web applications for Jetty, JBoss and Tomcat servers in AWS.
- Wrote fabric-python script to shorten time to multitask over multiple datacenters in parallel execution fashion.
- Collaborated with engineering and technical teams for providing support in deployment, operations, and debugging production issues.
- Ensured application’s traffic is well within the SLA commitments and security compliances, also perform traffic shaping between data centers to debug production issues when alerts are triggered.
- Monitored applications performance using the monitoring tools: Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk and OP5.
- Participated in infrastructure implementation through weekly project status meetings.
- Provided project related documentation for better understanding of processes.
Environment: Git, Drone, Packer, Ansible, Consul, Terraform, AWS, Blackbox, Grafana, Splunk, Prometheus, OP5.
Senior DevOps/AWS Engineer
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Engineer for cloud infrastructure including custom AMI s, Load Balancing , VPC configuration in EC2 integrating DevOps practices using CloudFormation templates.
- Designed and deployed AWS Infrastructure Solutions for EC2, S3, Elastic Load balancer ( ELB ), EBS , and Auto Scaling groups using CloudFormation(CFTs) scripts.
- Monitored and reduced AWS Usage by restructuring resources to reduce monthly costs by 20%.
- Created and maintained ansible scripts to speedup automation of various applications, configuration and deployment of software components.
- Worked on Microsoft Azure , involved in configuring virtual machines, storage accounts, resource groups.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins , GitHub , Nexus , Maven and AWS AMI ’s .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven ( pom.xml ) as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Nagios , Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Skilled in applying patches, providing necessary fixes for java applications in JBoss and WebSphere Application servers .
- Troubleshot connectivity, performance and other issues for the applications hosted in Azure Cloud.
Environment: AWS, Azure, Terraform, Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss, Maven, Nagios, Splunk
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Scheduled and Performed Builds execution for various environments: QA, UAT and Production.
- Migrated applications from the existing datacenter to AWS Cloud and created, managed and implemented cloud VMs ( EC2 instances), EC2 , S3 , Elastic Load Balancer and Auto Scaling groups using CloudFormation tool.
- Proof of concepts for building AWS Infrastructure using TeamCity and Terraform .
- Connected continuous integration system with Git version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Configured, maintained and integrated TeamCity with Maven to implement CI and schedule builds.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant .
- Application logs were handled using monitoring and logging tools: Splunk, Nagios and CloudWatch .
- Effective use of Jira, Confluence for Project Management, Test Case Management, Issue/Bug Ticket Management and Bug Tracking and to maximize productivity.
- Responsible for monitoring, metrics gathering, and visual representation of the health of our servers.
Environment: AWS, Git, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, Maven, TeamCity, Docker, Splunk, Terraform.