- Around 12 years of substantial IT experience with expertise in DevOps, Build automation release process methodologies, Linux Distribution and Operations, AWS Cloud and Networking Technologies.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release and quality of software and involved with teams that worked on Scrum, Agile Software Development and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud platform and its services which includes EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, ELB, Auto scaling, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, SNS, SES, SQS, AURORA, LAMBDA, API Gateway, Redshift.
- Hands on experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Installed and configured GIT and communicating with the repositories in GITHUB.
- Getting code from Bitbucket to local Git and kick off testing from Bitbucket through build jobs.
- Experienced in using Build Automation tools like MAVEN,MS Build scripts for build and deployment.
- Extensive experience in continuous integration tools using Jenkins for building Linux and BDK based applications.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain and GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Experienced in creating jobs, pipelines in Jenkins also worked with different Jenkins plugins to integrate with different services/tools.
- Extensively worked on Jfrog Artifactory Repository Managers to deploy software built through Jenkins Build Jobs.
- Experienced working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm and creating reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Experienced with Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code and used in conjunction with Ansible.
- Production experience in large environments using Configuration Management tools Ansible andChef.
- Responsible for managing the Chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to Chef - server.
- Expertise in developing of Chef recipes through Knife command-line tool through Ruby scripts to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration on Chef Server to initiate Chef Nodes.
- Experienced in writing Ansible playbooks to automate the given process and used Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manage changes.
- Hands on experience in building GUIs using Java Script, AJAX, HTML, DHTML, CSS2, JSP, JSON, XML.
- Expertise in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux(RedHat, CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Experienced in Administration of Production, Development and Test environment is carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat(RHEL) Linux and CentOS servers.
- Experienced in Virtualization technologies like VMware, Oracle VM Virtual Box.
- Hands on Experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployments and for hosting tools.
- Experience in using tools like JIRA for ticketing, Integrating JIRA into Splunk Enterprise and Bug Reporting for products through JIRA.
- Worked with Bug tracking tools such as Bugzilla and Code Commit.
SCM Tools: GIT Hub, Perforce, Subversion, TFS
CI/CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack.
Build Tools: Ant, MSBuild, Buildr, Gant, Gradle, make, Maven, Rake
Container-Orchestration: Docker, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
Bug tracker & Testing: JIRA, BugZilla, Confluence, Wireshark, Ethereal, GNATS, Junit, SonarQube
Languages: Python, C and C++
Scripting: Shell, Groovy, CGI-Perl, TCL, Python, Expect Script,Power Shell Script
Project Management Tools: Atlassian Tools, Base Camp, SDLC Agile, Scrum Methodologies, Waterfall
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML
Web/App server: Apache Tomcat, GoAhead web Server
Operating System: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu), Windows 7, FreeBSD, BDK
Embedded System boards: KZM, Panda, Hikey, Jetson-TK1, Jetson-TX2
Domain/Technology Specific: Embedded Linux, Build automation/Release Operation and Maintenance, Linux Distribution and Package management, Network Security Management, TCP/IP, WLAN
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Sr.DevOps / AWS Engineer
- Responsible for effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and overall infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing fault-tolerant mechanisms for keeping distributed systems healthy, and developing proactive monitoring back to DevOps and to the development teams.
- Maintained a farm of AWS solutions using EC2 instances, ELB's, S3, EBS, Auto Scaling and RDS.
- Developed Cloud formation templates to launch VPC’s and instances in the AWS cloud.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and provisioned Web Servers in AWS and DNS route53 records types.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier and configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Worked on monitoring, setting alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Managed the developer code using GIT and migrated code bases and processes to GIT/GitHub.
- Build Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments & checking out the code from GIT and use Ant/Maven to build Jar, war, and earartifacts.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move into different environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Setting up ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool using Chef on AWS EC2 instances.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites and responsible for CI environments (Jenkins, Sonar).
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images and worked on creating the Docker Containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures and application dependencies into version control.
- Implemented Ansible to manage all existing servers, automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Protected encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision dev servers.
- Configured Ansible to manage AWS environments and automate the build process of AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto Scaling, and Cloud formation scripts and automated the infrastructure by Chef scripts.
- Excellent in Setting up monitoring tools like Amazon Cloud watch to monitor major metrics like Network packets, CPU utilization, Load Balancer Latency.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
Environment: Linux/Unix, Docker, AWS, GIT, Ansible, JIRA, Shell scripts, Bash, ANT, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, Amazon S3 Buckets, EC2, EBS, CentOS, Maven.
Sr.DevOps/ AWS Engineer
- Responsible for day-to-day management of all Development, Test, Stage, and Production for various enterprise applications.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and Third-party applications using Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Install and configure the infrastructure for DevOps implementation using Jenkins, Maven, Git as per requirement, On board the applications into DevOps infrastructure.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository and Coordinated with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository and imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins.
- Building and Administering the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers and managing build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Setting up CI (Continuous Integration) for major releases in Jenkins.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging, and pushing the images.
- Managed Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open-Source Chef Server.
- Developing Configuration Management modules and tools using OpscodeChef and Ruby and experience in setting up the Chef repo, Chefworkstations and Chef nodes.
- Responsible for managing the Chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Involved in chef-infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix and Server backups.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Installed and Configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and ITest Environments.
Environment: GIT, Ansible, Solaris, UNIX, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, Subversion, JIRA, Ansible, AWS, ELK, Python.
- Created Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the common problems with instances and monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Configured Docker and created different containers to run different application instances for DEV and PROD environment.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all Micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes
- Containerization of applications, creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Managing continuous & on-time delivery of application releases supporting mission critical services
- Analysis and Design of the Automation framework
- Development and Implementation of automation scripts
- Making distribution of packages and Integrate with code base in GIT repository
- Preparation of build environment(rootfs) for installing the built debian packages for validation
- Target board configuration, initialization and booting with BAS modules
- Setting and configuration of Jenkins, GIT, CVS, build source repositories
- Building the basic packages for testing rootfs preparation for verification and validation of the build packages
- Updating the debian metadata to add/register the package as per the requirement
- Updating the BAS code base to support for new debian packages in BAS
- Upgrading the Target rootfs environment with newly registered packages
- Automation of BAS package registration process using DevOps tools.
- Preparing the build environment(rootfs) for installing debian packages for verification & validation.
- Responsible to perform major code deployments in both Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Responsible for maintenance of Disaster Recovery (DR) environment and conduct annual failover testing to DR environment.
- Built, configured and administered Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along with adding/updating plugins such as SVN, GIT, Maven.
- Install/configure/maintain the Linux servers, NIS, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Apache, FTP, sshd.
- Extensively involved in writing scripts on Bash, Shell Installing configurating of Web Apache Server.
- Performed Memory, CPU and Apache process tuning and reconfigured Apache server in httpd.conf.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
Environment: Base Development Kit (BDK), Linux Ubuntu (BDK14 and BDK16), JIRA, Bash Shell, Bash, Expect, Python, GIT repository, Apache, Maven, Groovy,, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Artifact Storage, UNIX, Architectures (armhf, arm64 and amd64), Target boards (Jetson-TK1 and Jetson-TX2, Hikey), Windows Server.