- Eight years of overall experience in IT, 7+ years Administering, Performance Tuning, Configuring, Installing IBM MQ Server 5.x/6.x/7.x and IBM WebSphere Message Broker 6.x/7.x/8.x.
- Having Experience in Multi Tier and Web Enabling the Legacy Systems with IBM Websphere MQSeries and Websphere Message Broker.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of WMQ and WMB on various platforms like AIX , Linux , z/OS , OS/390, AS/400, UNIX, and Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/2008 .
- Experience in preparation of Technical design documents based on the Business Requirement & Functional Specifications.
- Highly experienced in implementing Publish - subscribe mechanisms in Websphere Application Server & MQ Server.
- Expertise in implementing different monitoring setups using various monitoring tools like CANDLE , QPASA , TIVOLI , Wily, Applicaiton Manager and BMC Patrol .
- Expertise in writing shell & batch scripts on various platforms like AIX, Linux, Windows and Solaris to monitor WMQ and WMB.
- Expertise in design and implementation of WMQ and WMB in huge and complex environments using High Availability Clustering.
- Experience in resolving critical problems in WMQ and WMB on various platforms like AIX, Linux, Solaris, OS/390 and Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008.
- Knowledge on different clustering environments like VERITAS on Solaris and HACMP on AIX.
- Experience in J2EE Technologies such as JDBC, Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, JNDI, JMS and Web Services (SOAP and WSDL).
- Experienced in deploying solutions in High Availability (HA), Load Balancing & Configurations eliminating single points of failure.
- Provided 24x7 supports for Production and Development Environments.
- Worked closely with Project manager, Development, Testing, Pre-Production and Production teams to align project deliverables within due dates and reporting issues.
- Strong Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Developed code for error handling, exception handling, monitoring etc.
- Experience working with RACF, QAM & SSL.
- Experience working with Websphere Registry and Repository Server.
- Experience working with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus Environments.
- Experience working with WebSphere ESB IDE.
- Experience with RDBMS and Web Search Technologies.
- Excellent communication and Problem Solving skills, Management and Interpersonal skills coupled with proven ability to test with software specification, limitations and resource constraints.
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts together with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function in Team as well as independently on multiple tasks or projects as a technical resource and contribute to successful implementations.
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm and commitment to complete specific project on time and the motivation to achieve results.
- The resilience to stay self-confident and positive under pressure.
- A fast learner and ability to handle the changing situation and react positively.
- Like to work in challenging environments.
Middleware: MQ Broker 7.x/6.x, MQ Series 7.x/6.x/5.xIBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x/6.x/5.x, IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository 7.x/8.x, IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
UNIX, IBM AIX 5.3, HP: UX 8.0, Z/OS, Red Hat Linux, I-series, Windows 95/98/NT/2K/2003/2008, z/VM, z/Linux, Mainframe, Tandem
Monitoring Tools: Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager, Tivoli Access Manager, Manage Engine, Q PASA
Java/J2EE Tech: XML, XSL, Applets, AWT, J2EE 1.2/1.3, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, RMI, DTD, EJB,AJAX, JNDI, JMS, SOAP
Database: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB 7.x/6.x, SQL Server 2000/7.0/6.5, MS Access 97/2000
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, SOAP, FTP, WINSOCK, SMTP, POP, DHCP, POP3, DNS, UDP, NFS, DHCP. LDAP, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, WSDL
Microsoft Tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, MS Project, MS Visio.
Confidential, Bothell, Washington
Sr. MQ/Message Broker Admin
- Installed and configured WMQ 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 on AIX & Linux and clustered these WMQ Queue managers for high availability.
- Installed and configured WSRR 8.0 on AIX & Linux servers.
- Installed and configured Websphere Message Broker 7.0/8.0 on AIX & Linux boxes.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 7.0 on AIX & Linux boxes.
- Performed troubleshooting of various MQ issues like channel issues, cluster issues and was also instrumental in setting up traces for resolving complex MQ problems.
- Responsible for developing procedures for logging / recovery of MQ objects.
- Involved in WMQ Performance tuning, capacity planning exercises which include discussions on using channel pipelining, manipulating qm.ini & kernel parameters.
- Worked extensively on the aggregation and http nodes in calling external web services.
- Wrote scripts for creation, auto deployment of bar files to WMB Brokers.
- Responsible for defining monitoring criteria, event alerts and self-repair automation procedures for Websphere MQ utilizing Omegamon XE.
- Backup, recovery and trouble shooting for WMQ /WMB.
- Worked on the Clusters and High Availability Clustering to make the administration task easy and the Workload Balancing of the messages.
- Administered the functioning of the system.
- Involved in documenting, user training and prepared the MQ startup and shutdown scripts for various platforms like UNIX (SunOS, AIX, and Linux) and Windows.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x, IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository 8.x, IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, IBM WebSphere MQ 7.0/7.1/7.5, IBM WebSphere Message Broker 7.x/8.x, Oracle 11g, Q Pasa, IBM DB2, IBM Http Server 7.x, Mainframe, Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Java/J2SE 1.4/1.5, J2EE 1.3.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Sr. MQ/Message Broker Admin
- Installed and configured WMQ and WMB products on AIX, Linux, OS/390 and Win 2003 server.
- Administered the MQ Objects like Queue Managers, Queues, Channels, Process Definition, Clusters and Name Lists.
- Circumvented and resolved many complex and critical WMQ & WMB issues in production environment.
- Created Clusters of queue managers to simplify the overall administration process, to achieve workload balancing and to make the administration task easy.
- Migrated WMQ 6.0 to WMQ 7.0 on Linux, AIX and Windows2003.
- Migrated WMB 6.0 to WMB 7.0 on Linux, AIX and Windows2003.
- Developed Shell Scripts on various Linux/AIX platforms for monitoring WMQ.
- Developed shell scripts in Linux/AIX for checking the health status of the MQSeries.
- Installed and configured Tivoli monitoring tool on various platforms.
- Administered the Tivoli workstation server and created various profiles and distributed as per monitoring requirements for WMQ and WMB.
- Provided performance tuning to the queue managers and queues for optimal performance and applied tuning to all connected queue managers.
- Configured the Configuration Manager, Message Repository Database, broker database for WMB.
- Performed administration tasks using MQSC commands.
- Configured DB2 as the database for the WMB Broker environment.
Environment : IBM Websphere MQ 6.x/7.x, IBM WebSphere Message Broker 6.x/7.x, IBM DB2, IBM Http Server 6.0.x/6.1.x/7.x, IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x, IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository 7.x , IBM AIX 5.3, Solaris 10, Linux, I series 5.6/6.1, Windows 2003/2008, Java/J2SE 1.4/1.5, J2EE 1.3.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. MQ/Message Broker Admin
- Installation, configuration, administration and trouble-shooting problems related to WMQ, WMB on AIX and Windows.
- Worked with EAI Application Development.
- Administer and Configured SiteMinder.
- Installation & Configuration of IBM HTTP Server 2.x and Sun One Web server.
- Played a major role in HACMP, Linux clustering & WebSphere clustering.
- Configured and administered JDBC providers, JMS providers, Connection Pooling and also defining scope level from Admin console.
- Created profiles on WebSphere Application Server ND v6.0 using GUI and command line.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on rotation basis for applications running in production on WebSphere Application servers through VPN /ROVA connection.
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using, Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Installed the fix packs for the problems to get solved with the Application Server and updating the latest fix packs as per requirement.
- Regularly attended meetings on behalf of Middleware Team & co-ordinate with different teams for task accomplishment.
- Involved in regular reports, feedback and communication with the management
- Coordinating the team members and maintaining the project log .
Environment: IBM Websphere Application Server 6.x, IBM Websphere MQ 6.x, IBM DB2, IBM-AIX, IBM Http Server 6.0.x/6.1.x, IBM Message Broker 6.x, IBM AIX 5.3, Solaris 10, Java/J2SE 1.4/1.5, J2EE 1.3.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
MQ/Message Broker Admin
- Configured IBM WMQ/WMB software installation/upgrades, standards and new feature/ functionality development / testing / implementation.
- Responsible for identifying and designing the MQ objects required, and involved in capacity planning for the MQ objects.
- Planned and Administered MQ environments for all stages of development as well as production.
- Configured and created Configuration manager, toolkit. Brokers, Queue Managers, define Objects, channels, SSL, Clustering, shared channels, shared objects.
- Detailed knowledge of MQ Clustering.
- Coordinated and Communicated with the Business Partners to ensure complete understanding of re usable messaging fields/flows and deliverables.
- Coded ESQL procedures and functions for message processing and configured to the respective node in the message flows.
- Created Fixed Length Messages for transforming transactions from mainframe to AIX.
- Designed and developed Common sub flows for Audit logging, Error Logging, catching Business exceptions.
- Configured MQ objects to monitor message interfaces. (QMGR, QUEUE, Condition, Hear beat Interval and Alter lever).
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.x, IBM Websphere MQ Server 6.x, IBM Message Broker 6.x, IBM DB2, IBM-AIX, IBM Http Server 6.x, IBM AIX 5.3, Java/J2SE 1.4, J2EE 1.3.
Confidential, Houston TX
WebSphere MQ Admin
- Involved in client requirements gathering, analysis & application design.
- Used Visio UML tool to draw use case diagrams, class and sequence diagrams.
- Developed the scripts for creating and maintaining Queue Managers, Queues, Channels, Processes and other WMQ objects
- Provided Naming Standards, Backup & Recovery, and Problem Determination Strategies for the project.
- Handled the MQ queue managers in clustering for round robin and failover functionality.
- Developed business logic using EJB Session Beans.
- Implemented Entity Beans for Object Relational mapping.
- Implemented Session Facade Pattern using Session and Entity Beans.
- Developed MDB to listen to JMS queues.
- Performed application level logging using Log4j for debugging purpose.
- Worked with different application teams in resolving the issues related to MQ and partially worked with Message broker team.
- Involved in fine stunning of application, fixing bugs and capturing performance maintenance.
- Involved in testing phase and implemented test cases.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1, IBM Websphere MQ 5.3, IBM DB2, IBM-AIX, IBM Http Server 5.x, Sun Solaris 9 & 10, IBM AIX 5.3, Red Hat Linux Integrity Site minder Policy Server 6.0, Java/J2SE 1.4, J2EE 1.3.