- Around 22 Years of IT experience with various leadership roles and hands on experience on Cloud, UNIX/Linux administration, server automation, OS provisioning, App deployment, configuration management, monitoring, DevOps, scripting etc.
- Strong communication abilities with history of providing on - site & off-site support to wide range of clients, coordination and leading on site and offshore teams.
- Experience in fast paced, deadline-oriented environments.
- HP Accredited Integration Specialist, Server Automation v9, and HPUX Certified Professional.
Operating Systems: Linux distros RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, SuSE, Oracle Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, SCO Unix, Freebsd.
OS provisioning: Vagrant, NIM, Cobbler, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Opsware, ISO image.
Virtualization: Vmware, Oracle VM, LPAR, LDOM.
Cloud: AWS, Azure
Config Mgmt & tools: HPSA/Opsware, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Jenkins, Ant, Maven
Monitoring: New Relic, Lpar2rrd, Nagios, Sitescope, HPOpenview, NMON, MRTG.
Scripting: PowerShell, Bash, Korn, Perl, Python, Yaml, Json, Ruby, Awk, Sed
Database: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Mysql
Middleware: Apache, Tomcat, Weblogic, Jboss, MQ, Cognos.
Confidential, Alpharetta GA
Site Reliability Engineer
- Siebel CRM Team Member. Responsible for all automation efforts.
- Built Jenkins Infrastructure for three different windows/Linux environment
- Installation configuration, upgradation of all Jenkins Master servers.
- Automate Siebel jobs using PowerShell/shell scripts and run from Jenkins.
- Wrote pipeline scripts using Groovy and run them as pipeline jobs from Jenkins.
- Wrote PowerShell/shell scripts for various jobs related to infrastructure for Siebel team Windows and Linux servers
- Integrated Ansible Tower with all Jenkins servers. Wrote some ansible playbooks.
- Configured Jenkins Agent/Slave servers on Jenkins and run jobs from agents. Opened firewall ports for Jenkins Master and slave connectivity for different environments.
- Open change controls for various change activities for the team,
- Interact with application team as needed to ensure SLA's are met.
- Open, work and close user stories for the team in Rally.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Automation, build management, Configuration management, monitoring and log management,
- Assist in migrating web applications from legacy to AWS cloud using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Install and configure Jenkins server for various environment.
- Setup build environments for various on premises Unix/Linux environment and AWS cloud.
- Work on chef recipes, cookbooks and Ansible playbooks to automate various tasks.
- Trained new employees and worked with them, 2-3 new developers, on new web projects.
- Create Docker Containers, configure, and stop/start Containers etc.
- Debugging Containers, monitoring Docker and Docker logs etc.
- Implement and configure ELK stack for application teams.
- Interact with application team as needed to ensure SLA's are met.
- Creating and updating documentation, knowledge articles and SOP's that enable the team to succeed.
- Learn new automation, monitoring and configuration tools as and when required.
- Taking an active role in various tools related projects, speaking up on project calls and ensuring the success of the same.
- Stepping up to cover work on call, or off shift as required as part of a team rotation.
- Write various scripts and execute them on all automation servers.
- Actively participate in various migrations and maintenance activities.
- Write shell scripts and run as cron jobs for automation server’s performance issues related to server load, disk space etc.
- Support NAS migrations for various application teams.
- Work on incident tickets, change requests etc.
Confidential, Chrysler, Michigan
Senior System Administrator
- Responsible for timely server delivery and meet the SLAs.
- Work on Projects, Build, datacenter migrations, Support, DevOps, server migrations, server consolidation, change controls, tickets, RCAs.
- Installation, Configuration, administration and troubleshooting of physical and virtual servers of, AIX and Linux.
- Installation and configuration of VMs, ESXi hosts and Vcenter server. VM migration using Vmotion. Xen, AFS, and KVM virtualization
- Install servers, HMCs, patches, tools, utilities, backup and monitoring software, Storage device drivers, various tools and utilities as per requirement.
- Apply patches, Configure server profiles, micro partitioning. NPIV, Live partition mobility,
- Operating system upgrades, server consolidation, various types of server and frame migration.
- Customize server as per requirement for various Databases like Oracle RAC, Sybase.
- Create volume groups, logical volume, filesystems, raw devices, and ramdisks. Assign Ownership and permissions to filesystems.
- Performance tuning of server for various databases, middleware, application components.
- Coordinate with various teams to meet build and support server SLAs.
- Create the server network diagram and forward them to plant team for connecting Network cables and SAN cables.
- Open Change Management requests and Service requests. Implement, verify and Close changes. Coordinate with various teams to do a Cluster failover testing.
- Server Monitoring using various tools like NMON, lpar2rrd etc.
- Provide support to various applications to cut-over servers to production environment.
- Configure ILO, Network, swap, dump device, Mirroring, altdisk. NFS, DNS, Sendmail etc.
- Create/migrate user IDs, groups. Manage users, groups, password etc.
- Install TNG, Asset Insight, Opsware Client, HPOV, Visual Age Compiler, Java, Netvault, Samba, Smartstart using automation tools.
- Installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of HMC, VIO, HACMP and PowerHA.
- Problem Analysis & Recovery, day-to-day maintenance & administration tasks.
- Open incidents with IBM on issues and follow up on them until resolved. Attend weekly meetings on outstanding issues
- Schedule Day and night memory scheduling on VIO.
- Coordinate with Middleware, Database and Application teams.
- Attend project, server cutover meetings and take ownership of individual tasks.
- Make DNS updates and aliases during server cutover to production. Work on various server-hardening tasks.
- Performance monitoring using topaz, top, iostat, vmstat, perfpmr.
- Performance tuning of memory, I/O, swap. Extensive OS parameters tuning for database servers. Data migration using rsync, tar, cpio.
- Submit Change controls for DNS update, Port activation, SAN requests and any other prod changes.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Senior System Admin/Project Leas/Onsite Coordinator
- Onsite Coordinator and Project lead for ECRM applications. Coordinate with Patni offshore team on daily basis and provide instructions on day-to-day testing activities.
- During my tenure, offshore team strength increased from 2 to 20.
- Generated revenue worth 20000 offshore hours.
- Server administration of UNIX, Linux and Windows for the testing, development team.
- Coordinate with Operations, middleware, database, network, firewall, storage and Business Analyst teams. LUN mapping and data migrations using rsync.
- Install Operating system, patches & Monitoring tools and various customer tools.
- Configure network, storage and create volume groups, logical volumes, file systems
- Server performance tuning, troubleshooting and resolution. Create User ID and groups.
- Create SOPs, lessons learned, Best practices documentation.
- Submit Enterprise change controls. Service requests and Incidents and implement them.
- Submit bugs/defects during Integration, system testing.
- Write test case if required and review test cases delivered by offshore team.
- Attend project meetings and application cutover meetings.
- Administration of AIX, HP UX, Solaris and Windows server that belongs to GIAS group.
- Write Shell scripts for automating various tasks.
- Coordinate with Logistics and IT division for technical assistance.
- Network administration of GIAS team servers. Create network diagram on Visio.
- Documentation of existing system and network configuration.
- Software & hardware inventory management.
- Hummingbird configuration on Windows XP for Power & Basic users to access GIS applications installed on Sun Solaris servers.
- Performance monitoring & fine-tuning of servers.
- Installation, Configuration, & Administration of Sun- Solaris, Linux, SCO-Unix, HP UNIX, IBM AIX, Windows NT Servers.
- User & Group Management, file system mgmt., performance monitoring, fine-tuning of Sun- Solaris, Linux, SCO-Unix HP Unix, IBM AIX and Windows NT Servers.
- Installation of Oracle, Compilers, other applications software on different UNIX platforms.
- Installation of various hardware, software and applying patches for Sun- Solaris, HP UNIX, IBM AIX servers.
- Administration of Netscape proxy ipchains firewall on Red Hat Linux.
- Performance tuning, implementing rights & securities, policy editing on Windows NT/2000 Servers. Server monitoring using MRTG.
- Installation, Configuration & Administration of Cisco/Zyxel routers, switches & modems.
- Administration of Send-Mail and Microsoft Exchange mail server.
- Implementation & Deployment of Seagate-Veritas Network Management software.
- Administration of Anti-virus, Email gateway, Veritas Net backup, Omnibackup, TSM, IIS.
Customer Support Engineer
- Maintaining Sun, HP & SCO Workstations. Configuring the Servers in domain architecture.
- Setting up RAS connectivity or remote access client.
- Installation & Configuration & Administration for Point-to-Point Connectivity / ISDN connectivity over leased lines using Cisco 2501 and Zyxel Routers. Installation & configuration of Mail servers.
- User Management & Access-Lists to configure security on Cisco routers.