LAN/Desktop Support Technician
- Respond to all hardware issues within 2 - hour response time, 24 - 48 hour (business hours) resolution time.
- Sole support and liaison with vendor for hardware maintenance support for laptops, PC’s, printers, scanners, fax machines, blackberries and other peripherals.
- Deployment Operations (Site Activation, Facilities Mods, Installation and Checkout). Investigate, analyze and resolve hardware and associated software.
- Perform complex hardware repairs and maintenance on all hardware.
- Provides Deployment Project plans and Status Reports.
- Deployment of Win7 and MS Office 2007 and 2010
- Perform complex repairs and upgrades on a variety of computers and peripherals.
- Provides Tier II support upon request and any other assigned duties.
- Provides network related LAN troubleshooting.
- Provides installation of Rack-Mounted network related equipment such as Switches, Routers, Blades and Power-supplies and other network related devices.
- Provides testing of new software images updates before they get deployed.
IT Support Technician
- Served as a LAN Administrator for Department of Army (Helpdesk) and utilized Active Directory to creating LAN accounts for new users creating temporary passwords and setting permissions, and adding them to their proper organizations.
- Utilized Active Directory to create e-mail account and responsible for creating ticket requests for incoming helpdesk calls and resolving incidents.
- Preformed office relocations; disconnects and reconnects making sure client had networking connectivity also connecting clients to local and network printers.
- Responsible imaging workstations with new GHOST Operation System (OS) and applications. Experienced in installing and configuring PuredgeViewer, Approve-it, VPN, Activiclient; Tumbleweed, and providing user access to DCPDS-CPOL.
- Utilized remote desktop software (Goverlan) in configuring user mail accounts and software installs.
- Assisted users in copying data to the network drive that is encrypted.
Confidential of Agriculture
- Served as LAN Administrator for USDA Life Cycle Migration Project responsible for installation, imaging, and Migration of 2600+ users to new OS platform and centralized network domain.
- Responsible for imaging workstations with new GHOST OS and applications.
- Broke down out-of-date workstations and replaced them with new workstations.
- Responsible for exporting client’s applications, emails, and documents from old domain to new domain and, installing local and network printers to client’s accounts, and downloading drivers for printers. Worked with Post Migration team to troubleshoot and resolve users local and networking issues, and provided Tier II IT support.
- Experienced in installing and configuring agency specific applications; Databases i.e., Oracle; ArcGIS; SRRS; AutoCAD. Installed and configured Blackberries.
- Preformed office relocations; disconnects and reconnects making sure client had networking connectivity and worked closely with IT teams and independently to resolve issues in a timely manner.
PC Support Technician
- Assisted in Windows 2K migration to Windows XP; Ghost/Imaged new PCs to prepare for deployment. Administered Post Install of software applications for clients and their drivers
- Analyzed and repaired problems with new Dell PCs.
- Connected new PCs to the domain, changed NIC settings, released IP address of old PCs and renewed IP on deployed machines.
- Deployed new Dell PCs to users performed a backup and restore of files and Lotus Notes archives.
- Configured laptops for 802.11 b wireless network connection.
Confidential, Washington DC
Help Desk Technician
- Served as initial point of contact for resolving desktop and workgroup related issues in a 500 plus user environment.
- Troubleshot, researched, diagnosed, documented, and resolved technical issues surrounding Windows 98, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional, MS Office, Software installs, Lotus Notes e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals.
- Supported a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment; performed routine user administration tasks, including account creation/deletion, group creation and assignment.
Confidential , Washington DC
PC Support Technician
- Responsible for relocating users, workstations, and servers from one physical location to another, as well as migrating user’s files and folder to workstations.
- Restored email and user accounts from server and ensured user’s had email access.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Performed routine user administration tasks, including account creation/deletion, group creation and assignment, security settings, mailbox administration, and other typical admin-type duties, and provided technical support and assistance to over 500 concurrent users.
- Monitored and maintained network stability.
- Performed analysis of network needs and contributed to design of network architecture, integration, and installation.
- Evaluated local area network hardware/software requirements and capabilities and updated the disaster recovery program as changes to the network structure occurred, including desktops, and all pertinent vendor contractual agreements.
- Coordinated troubleshooting team, solving both hardware and software related issues. Supervised and assisted Interns in lab environment.
- Provided support to and trained users in LAN administration and usage as well as provided users with a weekly newsletter technology tip.
- Prepared and maintained documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Communicated and coordinated network schedule and downtime to users.
- Responsible for maintaining lab and classroom computers by troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems.